Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #31
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Default Re: Clutch for AU3 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox
It's actually closer to 3 weeks, 4 days getting there, 2 weekends in Vic, then another 4 or so days getting home.

Bet yeh thanks, should be a good run.
Oh yes was more or less only counting time sitting and not the getting there part

Be sure to get some pics of the 220 with the caravan hooked up............Wouldn't mind seeing how mine would look with a van on the back.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #32
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGAU3220
Be sure to get some pics of the 220 with the caravan hooked up............Wouldn't mind seeing how mine would look with a van on the back.
As promised.....

Old 09-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #33
Day-mow
rexnet

That's not right :/

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #34
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
That's not right :/
Jeez that was quick!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:19 PM   #35
Day-mow
rexnet

Having a smart phone will allow that. I live on forums now;)

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #36
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Looking good there Sox............Now that's going to turn some heads on your travels. My folks have a similar van so I should hook it up to the back of mine then you can see what your set up would look like with Azzuro's.

Sporting some serious dish on the 220 (and the Van), what size rims have you?

Cheers, Craig.

ps seeing the P250 in the back ground i gather that pic was taken at home.............Thats a great piece of Australia you live in, well done.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #37
Sox
RIP...

I'm not actually big on the Azzuros, I even have a set here which were removed from the P250. I'd really like a couple sets of the T3 5 spokes....

The Speedy Infernos are 8 x 18 on the front and on the van, and 9 x 18 on the back. 245/40 all round, but will throw 275/35 on the rear when they're flogged.

Yeh it's at home, have 25 acres in the scrub, but still close enough to the big smoke. I like it.

I'm posting 10'ks east of Orbost now, staying o/n at a free site.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #38
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you are going to paint the van blueprint arn't you.
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #39
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric
you are going to paint the van blueprint arn't you.
No, but I will do one of these sometime soon.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11324680
Old 19-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #40
Sox
RIP...

For those who have any interest, the clutch is working very well, after close enough to 2000k's in the last week and a half, all towing a 1300kg van (dripping wet).
Plenty of hill starts and no sign of slip or protest of any kind.

The bike races were as usual excellent.
The GOR is fantastic, but would obviously have been even better without the van, but it's surprising how many cars are slow and pulled over, and we did keep to the speed limit. We were only passed by bikes, and didn't have to pull over once.

Ballarat was also good, and we're currently at south Werribee for the next 4 nights.

The 220 is performing excellent with more than bucket loads of grunt for hills and overtaking.
The handling is good on smooth surfaces, but the second rate roads have it picthing and diving too much, but the shocks are the originals and pretty sucky even when unloaded.

Next purchase will be some Koni or Bilstein shocks, and the valve springs discussed in another thread.
Old 19-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #41
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Way to got Sox............Enjoy.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #42
Sox
RIP...

We've been home for a week and a half already, I've just been too slack type something up.

I'll do something a bit more detailed tomorrow, but just FYI.

We traveled 3956k's.
Used 669.51L of fuel.
The fuel cost $1064.
And the 220 5L V8 averaged 16.92L/100k.

Not bad economy considering the caravan weight was around 1300kg, and we had approx 250kg on the back seat and boot. We also stuck to the speed limit every where.

The rear tyres had approx 1/2 tread when we started, they were bald when we got home.

I'll post some photos tomorrow too.

Oh, and to keep the thread on topic, the clutch was perfecto, with no slippage, even on the very worst of hill starts.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #43
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think you did well with the economy Sox, pulling a similar sized van my vct was i have to say a little on the thirsty side, allthough my old van was probably 2 foot taller , i can`t remember my exact figures but i do remember they doubled from the norm , but on the plus side mate, are`nt the xr falcons bloody fantastic to tow with? good to hear your clutch went well.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #44
Sox
RIP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
i think you did well with the economy Sox, pulling a similar sized van my vct was i have to say a little on the thirsty side, allthough my old van was probably 2 foot taller , i can`t remember my exact figures but i do remember they doubled from the norm , but on the plus side mate, are`nt the xr falcons bloody fantastic to tow with? good to hear your clutch went well.
Yeh I'm very happy with the economy, the folks 6spd Territory on average was about 1/2L worse off, with a 100kg lighter caravan, but probably 100kg more in the car.

I also had a little more grunt up the hills than they did, and I rarely needed to rev beyond 3000rpm, whereas they were often above 4000rpm.

I'm very happy with how it tows, although the shocks are very soft still having the originals. I think some Konis are next on the shopping list.