Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #31
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Have I done something wrong?

I'm one more to add to the pile of 2011 casualties! The proverbial fecal matter hit the fan in the last 2 months for me. I'm struggling, diagnosed with a medical condition, wrote off a car(VE SS)/nearly died/$3k excess/losing license as I cant prove I wasnt at fault/forced to move out of home to get closer to work/work stress because of that(so rent bond etc etc)/relationship HELL and so on and so on.
Family will support me no matter what thankfully. Know who your friends are and speak to them when its getting too much. A few of mine have no idea how much they've helped me overcome what seemed like the impossible.

Keep ya chin up mate and forge ahead. Its a time of great opportunity if you've got the courage to go out there and do what needs to be done!

And don't be afraid to go to Centrelink once you've lost your employment! There's no shame in receiving back what you pay taxes for, in fact i'd be very happy to know that you'd be putting it to much better use than the morons in government at the moment..

Last edited by Fev; 26-11-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

Do not ever, under any circumstances, ever believe that things could not get worse or that it will never get better.

A positive outlook is what you need to nurture and if you can do it (it will be hard), as unbelievable as it may sound, it will come to fruition and things will fall into place. I am not enjoying my job at the moment, I am wishing I could walk in on Monday morning and resign but right now that can't happen. I have been in this situation for probably the last 12 months but through keeping positive and knowing that yes, I am good at my job, I have the skills and talent to succeed and I know what I want, I am now being headhunted by a much bigger and better paying competitor in the industry, and being offered first pick of positions that are coming up. All of this has really come to a head in the last few months but it is in that time that these offers are coming in.

Don't let it beat you - you will look back on this time of your life and it will be a time where you think of how you felt, but you will also appreciate everything you have got out of and learnt from it.

This guy http://www.clivemurphy.com/ is an absolute genius and has a number of books out that are your best friend in these times. I have spoken with him a number of times, and I'll admit that the whole concept seemed a bit of BS to me at first but I can 150% honestly say that after speaking with him and reading his book my entire outlook on life has changed, and thus what is going on in my life is changing for the better too.
Old 28-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #33
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Got to get my *** into gear. I have a free 1 month membership to the local gym here, might aswell use it as I haven't anything better to do and whilst in hospital I literally wasted away. Also have access to cash in grans estate, going to grab it and enroll in the industrial medic course (I get discount for being ambo) and get my *** up to the mines as a medic.

Had a really good chat to my boss today (the one that began the business) and he was really angry at the other guy. We get on really well, so I just said I was a bit annoyed at coming back from deaths door, to be fired, to which he agreed and said it was sucky. He also told me his plan was to go to ines and work as a medic (is also an ambo and has industrial medic quals) and have me operate the business, but the other owner did not like that idea, he was just fixated on getting rid of me to save the $800pw (before tax) that was my wage. As I said unforunitely they are now stuffed, my boss can't do his ambo stuff anymore because no one is there to look after shop (other owner took over my travelling part of the job when he bought in), holidays will be a nightmare and my boss although he began the company is going to walk away soon, the other owner makes no attempt to learn anything other than travelling, so now my boss has to run the business and do my job. I just told him I have no hard feelings as I had already said I felt the other owner was going to fire me soon.

Last edited by Spudz27; 28-11-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #34
05_ENFORCER

And here is a profitable career in the making gents.

Well done spudzy, go and get 'em.

Industrial medics course will be a breeze

Old 29-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #35
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I forgot to mention one of the biggest downers of this whole situation. We had 4 gold seating tickets to see Foo fighters last night (myself, fiance, sister and her partner) because I had the extra time off after getting the infection, I authorised my sister to sell my 2 tickets so I didn't have to take more time off (live 400k from city), my sister then also sold hers as they had seen them twice and were really oly going again for the sake of going out together. I sold the tickets for what I paid as I am no scalper, only 1.5 weeks ago. On monday my boss asked if I was looking forward to concert, I explained why I had sold my tickets etc, then on Thursday the other owner makes me redundant, so in all of that I could have bloody gone up to perth last night for the concert. SOOOOOOOOO annoyed.
Old 29-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #36
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep that sort of stuff makes you even angrier than all the other bullcrap thats happening at the same time hey?

Ie when my car was broken into and wallet stolen - no money, Oroton wallet I was given for my birthday by my gf at the time, lost all my cards/license etc so I was annoyed about that so I go to grab a smoke and find they nabbed them too!! They were hidden in the door pocket hidden a street directory! Nearly kicked the door in after that hahaha
Old 29-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #37
gtfpv
GT

ROLL with it . make no decisions , sit on it , and see it through .
it wont stop your heart . see what comes of it . take heed of all opportunities . one is staring you in the face in this thread, however take heed of immediate others also .
i'd be thinking about your relationship handling of the matter also .
my advice , if you have to take a real hard look at your life , dont make matters worse , anmd strive for a better outlook . while you can .
less stress + less debt and commitment .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2011, 04:21 PM   #38
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Keep your head up mate, My GF lost her job earlier ths year and took a long hard 3 months to find her new positon, luckily for us it's on better money and will pave the way to even better positions in the future all about persistance and a positive outlook.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #39
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Mate Im sorry to hear about your hardship at this time. I went through it myself a few yrs back. Keep your head up and stay strong. In my world, with God's strength you will pull out of this and it will be nothing but a distant memory.
Take care friend. Look into those recruitment agencies as they are good for quick income.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #40
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

We just let 4 guys go, due to no work. (Architecture & Construction)

I just find it unbelievable how hard the government makes it for us. DO they even look at the unemployment rates? They just keep raising the price of everything...
Old 03-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #41
z80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaniSS
We just let 4 guys go, due to no work. (Architecture & Construction)

I just find it unbelievable how hard the government makes it for us. DO they even look at the unemployment rates? They just keep raising the price of everything...

Building approvals down 19% for the last 12 months.

It's not the government doing that to you mate.

Architects are always the first hit in a downturn.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #42
dc_todd
Seasoned Visitor

I feel your pain, I have been smashed from pillar to post this year, either kids with extended stays in hospital (autism related) 2, yes, 2 cars written off, with confirmation from my insurer thay will not be repairing my TE50 as it is technically easier for them to chase an uninsured drive if my car is a total loss, had my EF XR6 written off 3 months ago, 3 years in the build. Thanks heaps. Various autism intervention groups failling my child, and us.

BUT, thank christ 2011, year of the continual sucker punch is almost over.

I am thankful I still have employment, my health and a few shards of sanity. Lookk for the ray of light and grip on to it as hard as you can.
dc_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #43
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Thought I would dig this up. Some good news. Before Christmas I had an interview for a casual sales job, hadn't heard anything, so I rang today. She hadn't rung because she could not offer me more than 3 days a week incl every second saturday (have not worked saturday's for a very very long time and daughter is starting Tennis on a Saturday soon), but as soon as I said I will take anything, I am not fussed about mon-fri, 9-5 at the moment, she said cool, come in monday and do a trial and go from there. So I am happy to be earning a little money again (even she said with my backround I don't really need the trial), going to be hard to work Saturday, even if it is once a fortnight.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:39 PM   #44
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

That's good to hear.

2011 really was a bad year for everyone, me included. Wanted to make a change as I hated my dead end factory job, so going to that every day was making me sad and when the winter came around it got me to borderline depression plus on top of that my father passed away from cancer (i'm 22).

2012 I hope is going to be a good year, I'm interacting more with my family and have just started a plumbing apprenticeship so here's to a brighter 2012.

Good luck with everything mate.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #45
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice one mate! Goodluck with it, hopefully they can generate more work for you too! Just tell all the staff you'll fill in for any sickies they wanna have haha
Old 27-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #46
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Another update. Had the trial, still not heard anything. She said she had others to trial , so I am wondering if there is some sort of free labour thing going on lol. I applied for a trainee locomotive driver job with QR national, I won't hold my breath, but I love trains and I am a fast learner with good problem solving skills. In fact my aptitude test I did the other day for telstra I score 95% on a 60question test, with each section in blocks of 13-17 questions with 5mins to complete, so problem solving quickly is not an issue. Also got an interview for a full time job servicing fire equipment. I am praying something comes up as it is getting really hard, already deferring car payments, even macca's didn't want me hahahaha, but it seems if you are a woman of filipino or indonesian backround, your set. Not being racist, just everywhere you go they have a job in industry I am qualified in, yet I can't get anything atm.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #47
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well fingers crossed I have 3weeks of full time work at the end of month. My ex boss (the one who didn't want to fire me) has been offered a trial as a medic on a mine site, he rang and asked if I would like to cover him (so run things) for the 3weeks, just has to run it bu the other guy.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #48
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Feeling your pain, I haven't lived long, but just this week I've stratched my car, scratched my rims, had to pay for an item that I accidentally left on the roof (I've never forgotten items off the roof of my car).

And I'm thinking, wow... it's all a hit in the pocket, but who did I **** off?

Currently applying for a job with the bonus of doing Cert. III in Business Administration, if I get it, well then it's all fine, but if I don't, Karma better start giving me reasons 0.o

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #49
Halfmo Rocks
Bearded Hermit

hope it works out for you mate, i've been struggling through a very similar situation
2011 was a shocker for me too, first month of 2012 is the hangover from it...lets hope 2012 works out better for everyone

previously...AUII Futura, BAII XR6T ute, BFII XT, BF XR6...with a holden barina & a renault clio thown in at times of financial crisis
Halfmo Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #50
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well guys finally some bloody good news. The estate is finally sorted and my old man is going to give me a few thousand next month to see me through, then the rest in april. I am still looking for work and have an interview for a job on thursday, but my focus will also now turn to full time study, to get a real career.

I am however a little sad that in death, my gran is still helping me out of my financial problems.

Last edited by Spudz27; 22-02-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 22-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #51
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont blame you for being sad.....but she wanted you to have the legacy she has left you and your family and the financial pressure this will remove is a good thing for your well being stay strong and spend it wisely (im in a similar situation and speak ftom the heart)
davenl5l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #52
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Spend it wisely I wish. It is already spent lol. Got to pay out the debt, make a savings account for both my kids, set some asside for a holiday later this year (have never taken our kids on a holiday) and a little is being used to buy something we couldn't usually afford. Any after that is to go into an account "I" can not touch. I am so bad with money it is scary, but I have been like it for 28yrs and it is hard to fix my issues. I am trying.
Old 22-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #53
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

use this as a warning of "what could have been".......lower your debt load and look at your career

place the excess monies into long term savings and study toward a career path!

we all have mongrel days, months, years......the measure of a man is in his ability to overcome these minor hiccups and do something about them!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #54
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by z80
Building approvals down 19% for the last 12 months.

It's not the government doing that to you mate.

Architects are always the first hit in a downturn.

If only you knew the costs and constraints placed on developers by councils and state governments, and how much they have increased over the last 5 years.
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #55
Spudz27
Call me Spud

The roller coaster that is life hey. I got to second stage for a job, they basically told me it was mine, offered to work around school housr so I had time to sort out care for my daughter after school, asked if I could come to a meeting with the national sales manager who was in town, today, then rang yesterday and said I didn't get the job because the other guy who was against me had a little more exp in a similair sales role. Didn't matter that for the last 5 years I have managed business, dealt with both private and business clients, both on the road and in store etc. They wanted someone who had been micromanaged. Honesty not always the best policy. When asked what I considered a good sales person, I replied someone who listens to the needs of the client and recommends them a product based on that need, doesn't lie and give them something they want to sell to make themselves look good.

Today I finally decide after 4 months to seek assitance from centrelink, go in there at 8:30 on the dot, all my required documents and get politely told to ring and make a claim and come back when I have an appointment. WTF, just give me the forms, I will fill them out and hand them back. I never said anything, just said thanks and left. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 02-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #56
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only just stumbled upon this but most loans have insurance to cover if you lose your job and (well mine do's) will pay upto 6mths of your loan. might be worth looking at. esanda dealt with them once before NEVER again
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #57
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

#2 for never touching ESANDA.......had a car loan through them 20 years ago....the memory still lingers!

never had a loan of any type since then.....put me off for life!.....cash all the way!

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #58
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Esanda have been quite good to be honest. I couldn't cease payments (I only had gap cover it turned out) but they reduced my payments to $100 whilst I find work. I realise I would have to pay more to make up owed once work is found, but they didn't have to reduce them to begin with. At the end of the day the camry is getting paid out and sold in 2 months, was going to sell fairmont, but after thinking, it is newer, slightly bigger, has better fuel economy and just handles the open road so much better.