Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #31
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Adidas Rome(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
Wow talk about an 80's Flashback. Everyone who was cool at school wore Rome's and had the hesian backpacks you drew all over as Duaned said.

Ahhh...the good ole days...where chips were something you ate, and not something that went into a computer, where a Hard drive was something you did in your XC panelvan when you drove it too far on the beach and had to get it back onto the road before the tide came in, where a mullet was a haircut, not just a fish...you all get my drift

Cheers
Col
You forgot one Col...........

When Gay meant you were happy
Old 30-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #32
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

We used to call them hesian backpacks have-a-sacks.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #33
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

guy at work still uses his to bring his lunch to work

you can still buy them
kids at our school used to get that craft paint that goes hard and paint up the front flap with a mural
it would set rock hard
believe i had Metallica across mine
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #34
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^ I had Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath across the front (in texta!)
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #35
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have been checking out the the Adidas Romes/Roms on eBay. Trouble is, max size is around size 11 or so.

I am size 12 to 13, and you all know what they say about blokes with big feet.

Yeah, shoes are hard to find.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #36
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Have been checking out the the Adidas Romes/Roms on eBay. Trouble is, max size is around size 11 or so.

I am size 12 to 13, and you all know what they say about blokes with big feet.

Yeah, shoes are hard to find.
Over compensation
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #37
smally289
growing up is optional

I used to live in my Romes during the 80s. One pair were laid to rest on top of the mountain at Bathurst one year, tied the laces together & threw them up into a tree.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 12:49 AM   #38
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

For the adelaide lads. My brother and i used to get ours from Johnny Platten when he played for centrals and worked in the sports store out the front of Parabanks in Salisbury (circa 79-84). Used to park his new VH Brock out the front and us kids would drool over it. It was funny the white and blues were Romes that the italian lads wore and the greek lads wore the black and whites ones which were Athens. Would by a pair (well mum would) and would last me through the whole school year. Saved up $120 over summer holidays one year and bought my first Ricardo ten speed off him as well.
GTP-RPD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-02-2014, 02:07 AM   #39
fordOwner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These were THE BEST shoes to play squash in.
I found a pair very similar to the old Romes but just not the same.
Looks like ill be buying a pair from the net also.

Wear a pair of these now days with a parachute track suit and product in the hair and you'd look like a right geezer.

Click here to see my ute
fordOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:49 AM   #40
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about the matching Adidas tracksuit pants with the snap buttons up the poyside of each leg? Loved those things
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #41
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
They were the best 'sports' shoes ever!!
When they stopped making them I rang the Adidas agent in Melb trying to find some. The customer service lady said she wished they still made them as her Hubby wanted some more and even she couldn't get them.

I did see a publicity photo of Ricky Ponting (when he was the test team Captain) wearing them.

Useless info dept...... watch any old Queen live performance and Freddie always wore Rome's, but they were high boots, he must have had these made as I don't think they were ever released to the public.
Yes I remember the Romes but my choice of footwear in the late 70s were the Adidas Hurricanes, orange with black stripes...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #42
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-RPD View Post
For the adelaide lads. My brother and i used to get ours from Johnny Platten when he played for centrals and worked in the sports store out the front of Parabanks in Salisbury (circa 79-84). Used to park his new VH Brock out the front and us kids would drool over it. It was funny the white and blues were Romes that the italian lads wore and the greek lads wore the black and whites ones which were Athens. Would by a pair (well mum would) and would last me through the whole school year. Saved up $120 over summer holidays one year and bought my first Ricardo ten speed off him as well.
I bought a few pairs of shoes from platts over the years back in the school days.
I also usedtoown a VH hdt.

Ironic.

And yeah...Athens,, makes sense now....not sure why I thought they were called Officials.
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post