Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #31
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 
Default Re: For the well padded....larger gentlemen :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZaYFkxqwg

Anyone trying to lose weight and struggling should watch "That Sugar Film" very um...enlightening. Lifestyle education is the key to weight loss, followed by willpower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Anyone got a nutri-bullet? Guy at work gave me a sample of one of his and I'm seriously tempted to get one. They are quite expensive but they pulp things down much finer than the cheap ones. I'm not a big fruit eater either but I admit one of those would probably get me consuming a lot more.
I use an Optimum 9400, it was instrumental in my losing 21kg since this time last year. It's basically an industrial model of a nutri bullet with steel gearing instead of plastic that does family size servings to stash in the fridge for later.
http://www.froothie.com.au/
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2015, 05:58 PM   #32
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYZaYFkxqwg

Anyone trying to lose weight and struggling should watch "That Sugar Film" very um...enlightening.
When a film asks you to buy into the idea that sugar doesn't follow the laws of thermodynamics, you can safely conclude that either the design/execution of the diet was flawed, or the author outright falsified his results.

The size of his weight gain corresponded to a very substantial calorie surplus, counter to his claim that he was consuming the same amount of calories.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2015, 07:10 PM   #33
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe there was someone do what was called 'the convenience store' diet where they ate things like twinkies and other rubbish, but made sure not to exceed a certain number of calories, wait yep found the link http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/1...iet.professor/
phat_stak_tipa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #34
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And another did a McDonalds diet.. http://www.today.com/health/man-lose...ths-2D79329158
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2015, 10:20 PM   #35
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
When a film asks you to buy into the idea that sugar doesn't follow the laws of thermodynamics, you can safely conclude that either the design/execution of the diet was flawed, or the author outright falsified his results.

The size of his weight gain corresponded to a very substantial calorie surplus, counter to his claim that he was consuming the same amount of calories.
It's quite logical actually, made perfect sense to me and works (for me).
I dare say most people would come away having learned something new and beneficial to food selection by watching it.
Hard to argue having doctors and scientists checking all results.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #36
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe View Post
It's quite logical actually
It isn't. Logic is being mindful of everything science has demonstrated time and again about how much energy is produced from the different macronutrients. It is not logical for *one uncontrolled* study to be the basis of disregarding the decades of research and thousands of research projects that have gone before.

Quote:
I dare say most people would come away having learned something new and beneficial to food selection by watching it.
I'm not saying reducing consumption of processed food isn't a worthwhile message. But that isn't the message. The message was that *sugar* is somehow special and that a sugar calorie is worse than a protein or fat calorie. That simply isn't the case.

Quote:
Hard to argue having doctors and scientists checking all results.
His calorie expenditure and consumption was not audited independently. Studies have shown time and again that self-reported calorie consumption is under-reported and calorie expenditure is over-reported.

The scale of his weight gain (8.7kg over 60 days) corresponds to a calorie surplus of around 1100Cal/day. The only way to consume the same number of calories as you did before the high sugar diet, and put on weight equivalent to 1100Cal/day, is to somehow use 1100Cal less per day.

That size a reduction in daily body heat production would put you into a coma, if not kill you.

But hey, its 2015. We now look to actors for scientific information, not scientists.. and credibility is proportional to facebook likes, not education and experience.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2015, 11:41 PM   #37
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Anyone got a nutri-bullet? Guy at work gave me a sample of one of his and I'm seriously tempted to get one. They are quite expensive but they pulp things down much finer than the cheap ones. I'm not a big fruit eater either but I admit one of those would probably get me consuming a lot more.
I purchased one from target cost me around $200 then another $50 for accessories. I don't use it but my gf does for her drinks. It's green I don't drink it.

You still get pulp but it is mashed up pretty good. The cheap ones tend to not work as well.
xisled is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-09-2015, 03:17 AM   #38
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled View Post
I purchased one from target cost me around $200 then another $50 for accessories. I don't use it but my gf does for her drinks. It's green I don't drink it.

You still get pulp but it is mashed up pretty good. The cheap ones tend to not work as well.
Work mate made me one with about 6 different fruits and berries. It didn't look great, but once you get over the strange looking colour, it actually tasted pretty good
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post