Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #31
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Caught on camera: Heavily pregnant woman stages car crash to win insurance payout

This is a way of life for them. Hit them where it hurts most - make them pay$$$$. I bet they get off with a slap on the wrist instead of being made examples.
She can now take the ********* bus to get her kids around. Plenty of seats in them

Last edited by neptune blue; 07-10-2015 at 04:07 PM.
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2015, 04:26 PM   #32
OCTANEBOSS

Default Re: Caught on camera: Heavily pregnant woman stages car crash to win insurance payout

Seems to be a case of unborn child abuse along with all the other stuff. Lock em up, obviously they don't have any respect for life.
OCTANEBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2015, 04:48 PM   #33
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

This is just one caught example of fraud for the CTP claims. I can imagine there are thousands more that go through possibly unchecked or unquestioned.

I know of a family not originally from Australia but lived in Australia long enough to learn of how the system worked, who had 3 different car accidents, all with CTP payouts. With each payout they received they made improvements to their house and sold it during the boom and making a packet. They would then tell their family members how to do it and that information would pass onto their little community.

Safe to say I no longer associate myself with these people.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2015, 06:23 PM   #34
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke View Post
And people wonder why people of a middle eastern appearance get a bad reputation.
I was thinking whether I should bother to reply but in the end I thought I should just ask you this:
Do you see an priest and automatically think paedophile?
Do you see an Anglo blonde surfer and automatically see dole bludger?

Also to original post, as disappointing as it is to see not an isolated case but as another person commented earlier only the dumb ones get caught.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #35
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman View Post
I was thinking whether I should bother to reply but in the end I thought I should just ask you this:
Do you see an priest and automatically think paedophile?
Do you see an Anglo blonde surfer and automatically see dole bludger?
Yes
Yes
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2015, 08:24 PM   #36
marty351
Shenanigans..............

^^^^^ These are known as a preconceptions.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #37
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
I think you should go & visit Bankstown & Lakemba before making such inaccurate observations.

Dr Terry
While Ive never lived in Bankstown Ive worked there in the past. And once again, the actions of some, dosent mean everybody shoudl get tared with the brush.

And incase you missed it, my first reply was filled with sarcasm. Its not a view I hold about Aussies. That said, its a view plenty of others hold.

And judging by some of the replys on this topic, posting bigoted, borderline racist remarks seems to be OK.......
Old 08-10-2015, 05:18 PM   #38
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz13boy View Post
While Ive never lived in Bankstown Ive worked there in the past. And once again, the actions of some, dosent mean everybody shoudl get tared with the brush.

And incase you missed it, my first reply was filled with sarcasm. Its not a view I hold about Aussies. That said, its a view plenty of others hold.

And judging by some of the replys on this topic, posting bigoted, borderline racist remarks seems to be OK.......
But everyone already knows that only whites are racist and men are sexist......

With any luck, this mob will get the book thrown at them.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #39
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And people wonder why those of aussie appearance get a bad reputation for being biggots and just a little racist.......

Lumping anyone of a certain race or appearance into stereotypical typecasts based on the actions of a few is silly and ignorant.

Just my two cents.
This has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with demographic. You can't critique any one or anything any more without being labeled a racist or being accused of being bias. Bloody political correctness gone mad
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #40
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

There is a difference between being racist and telling it the way it is, this is just telling it the way it is.

Calling a black person black, asian person asian is no more racist than calling a tall person tall or short person short.

I love how people hide behind a racist card. How about see how it really is by taking those rose coloured glasses off.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #41
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2X-qQ-uMW8
Iggle Piggle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #42
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
Genuinely funny. Grievance Poker at its best.
For the pious among us, walk a mile in the shoes of those affected by this demographic before calling them racists, bigots etc. Interesting to note, that the people labeling others as racists have locations far away from the hot spots of Bankstown, Punchbowl, Lakemba, Greenacre, Yagoona etc.

Statistically there is much evidence to the assertion of this demographic being overly represented in fraudulent claims such as this, as well as crime statistics.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #43
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
And people wonder why those of aussie appearance get a bad reputation for being biggots and just a little racist.......

Lumping anyone of a certain race or appearance into stereotypical typecasts based on the actions of a few is silly and ignorant.

Just my two cents.
Send them back to their country of origin.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #44
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Before I even clicked into this thread I said to myself "I bet you it's some habbiby" and low and behold it is.

Quote:
she had been going through "a hard time" and "wasn't thinking straight"
Hard time hey? Centrelink Pty Ltd not paying enough I see.
Old 18-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #45
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Ghenoua Fadel avoids jail after staging crash while pregnant in insurance scam

Date November 18, 2015
Eamonn Duff

A magistrate has labelled a Sydney mother "wicked in the extreme" after she staged a dramatic car crash, while eight months pregnant, to obtain an insurance payout.

In March, four weeks from giving birth, Ghenoua Fadel stuffed a pillow between her unborn child and a steering wheel, then slammed her white Toyota Rav 4 into another car.

When police arrived at the rain-soaked Sydney intersection, they found two heavily damaged vehicles and a dazed Fadel reportedly suffering from stomach and back pains.

Ghenoua Fadel and Jamal Gmrawi leave Bankstown Local Court on insurance fraud charges on September 30. Photo: Daniel Munoz

As paramedics raced to her aid, she spoke of how she missed a stop sign and then ploughed into the side of a moving car. But, far from being the victim of a major traffic accident, Fadel was acting out an elaborate insurance scam.

Unfortunately for her and her accomplices, a nearby CCTV camera had filmed the entire incident.

When crash investigators located the extraordinary footage, it showed Fadel ramming her car into the second vehicle which, moments earlier, had been centrally parked in the street by Jamal Gmrawi - a friend of her husband.

She pleaded guilty in Bankstown Local Court last month to not stopping at/before a stop line and publishing false misleading material to obtain advantage.

On Wednesday, the 25-year-old mother-of-four appeared before the court where she received a 13-month jail term, to be served as home detention.

That arrangement is still subject to an assessment from Bankstown Community Corrections District Office.

Fadel has been released on bail and will return to court on December 18.

Magistrate Jennifer Giles said: "Clearly we have crossed the threshold for jail. The community is rightly outraged by you participating in such an organised criminal enterprise. It's the reason we pay more for insurance."

After the "accident", Fadel lodged a $24,440 claim with NRMA while Mr Gmrawi signed papers claiming almost $45,000 from AAMI.

However, the story they gave to their respective insurers was a far cry from what actually unfolded at 3am on March 17.

Footage, exclusively obtained by Fairfax Media, shows the expectant mother and her alleged accomplice, Mr Gmrawi, arriving at the intersection of Glassop and Dutton streets, in Yagoona.

After twice manoeuvring his Nissan X-Trail into position, Mr Gmrawi stepped out of his vehicle. Seconds later, Fadel reappeared, plunging her Rav 4 into the Nissan with force, before exiting the wreckage.

A third person, whom police never identified, was seen buzzing around the scene, as if to keep watch, in a separate vehicle.

After inspecting the damage, the third individual then climbed into Fadel's car and performed a second hit before fleeing the scene, which was soon attended by police and ambulance officials.

However, the story of a pregnant mother's "miraculous escape" was cast into doubt when AAMI's parent company Suncorp commissioned a forensic report that found Mr Gmrawi's vehicle was damaged by two separate impacts.

It also concluded that his vehicle must have been stationary when the collision occurred.

While Fadel and Mr Gmrawi both maintained their original stories when questioned by police, that changed when officers played back the footage that had surfaced.

After arriving in court with her newborn baby and pleading guilty last month, Fadel told Fairfax Media she had been going through "a hard time" and "wasn't thinking straight" when she committed the offence.

"I was worried about the car I had. I wanted a bigger car for my four children and couldn't afford it," she said, adding: "Of course I feel bad ... that's why I pleaded guilty.

"It was a stupid act ... we learn from our mistakes."

Mr Gmrawi, also charged with publishing false misleading material to obtain advantage, has applied to be dealt with under section 32 of the Mental Health Act.

His case has been adjourned to December 17.

An estimated 40 per cent of all insurance fraud in Australia involves motor vehicle claims, while staged accidents are estimated to cost $2 billion annually.
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/ghenoua-fa...17-gl1k5d.html
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #46
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Mental Health Act hey? SMH. This guy deserves nothing but jail time for fraud.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
5 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #47
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
That annoys me as us people with real mental health issues get tarnished by those who are using it as an excuse to escape responsibility for their actions (just look for my posts in the thread titled "panic attacks").

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2015, 08:06 PM   #48
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Genuinely funny. Grievance Poker at its best.
For the pious among us, walk a mile in the shoes of those affected by this demographic before calling them racists, bigots etc. Interesting to note, that the people labeling others as racists have locations far away from the hot spots of Bankstown, Punchbowl, Lakemba, Greenacre, Yagoona etc.

Statistically there is much evidence to the assertion of this demographic being overly represented in fraudulent claims such as this, as well as crime statistics.
That's because no hopers flock together...!!!
Old 18-11-2015, 08:08 PM   #49
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
They should give him extra time in gaol for trying to weasel out of it by using the mental health act.
Old 18-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #50
theBlake

I thought she was cute.
Old 18-11-2015, 11:40 PM   #51
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
That annoys me as us people with real mental health issues get tarnished by those who are using it as an excuse to escape responsibility for their actions (just look for my posts in the thread titled "panic attacks").
It probably wasn't his idea, but his lawyers.
Old 19-11-2015, 12:49 PM   #52
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

As soon as I saw this thread I also thought ' I bet I know the demographic of the pregnant woman'. And I was right, now why did I think that? Because I'm racist of course. Of course I'm to blame, pffft.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #53
theunfairadvant

If anyone were to get caught doing scams like this 2 scum bags would be the death penalty
i bet you a million dollars most of the false claims would stop in a heartbeat.
theunfairadvant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #54
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlake View Post
I thought she was cute.
So did the 4 different fathers of her spawn….

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2015, 04:56 PM   #55
theunfairadvant

Quote:
"It was a stupid act ... we learn from our mistakes."

If they were to never ever get caught
the stupid act would keep continue on...
6 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #56
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
she had been going through "a hard time" and "wasn't thinking straight" when she committed the offence.

"I was worried about the car I had. I wanted a bigger car for my four children and couldn't afford it," she said
Quite an elaborate plan laid out and executed for someone that was "not thinking straight", and so close to obtaining that larger car.

Missed it by that much.

Penalty, again, is not harsh enough.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #57
blueoval
Critical Thinker

unfortunately the punishment is not harsh enough for fraud like this. It needs to be harsher to deter wannabe crims. Sadly there are far too many who exploit 'good will' setups such as the CTP levy imposed by all of us with the rego we pay. Again, this woman got caught, but how many other hundreds of people have gotten away with it and therefore increased our rego fees by doing so? Don't get me started on the demographics of who is doing it either.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
3 users like this post:
Old 20-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #58
theunfairadvant

I know this is a bit harsh but I propose the death penalty.
As most of the false claims would stop in a heartbeat.
Is there anyone here in the forum with me on that?
Old 20-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #59
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunfairadvant View Post
I know this is a bit harsh but I propose the death penalty.
As most of the false claims would stop in a heartbeat.
Is there anyone here in the forum with me on that?
Definitely not me, capital punishment is for Neanderthals and not a modern civilised society.

20 years imprisonment if you wish to be extreme.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #60
Qwerty321
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Definitely not me, capital punishment is for Neanderthals and not a modern civilised society.

20 years imprisonment if you wish to be extreme.
I'd prefer just cutting people off. So if you get done in for Fraud, you loose all government support and backing. So no welfare, no public healthcare, nothing. You've broken the trust, so now you're on your own.

Make an example of the people by hitting them where it hurts. Make them have to work 60 hours a week for the rest of their lives to just make by. It's cheap, it's effective and it's extremely satisfying

"If in doubt, flat out" - Colin McRae
"Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you"
"Cheap, fast and reliable. Pick Two"

Qwerty321 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post