Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #31
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Funny you say that danege... Things you find on the net
*Apparently*
Those of you that know what im talking about!!
Yep, I know it. Watched it once and deleted it. I still have it burned into my retina's. Was horrible. :togo:

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 31-01-2005, 10:07 AM   #32
*rayman*
454 Power

well do tell, and provide a LINK dammit....

TOY - 68 SS 454 Camaro
Old 31-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #33
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have fallen victim to the hot food burning mouth saga as well :(

More often than not its been pies at the footy ..........

But one day after running around with the kids all day I finally threw my cuppa into the microwave just to heat it a little ...... OUCH!!!!!!!! I got burnt really badly & couldnt eat for a week :(
Old 31-03-2005, 01:56 PM   #34
Danny
GT4.

I copped it with a toast and cheese sandwich. Was a kraft single in in it, and they go like melted plastic when you heat them up.
Took one bite and the sanger had its vengeance on my lower lip. My reflexes meant that I then smacked my mouth to get it off smearing it even more and getting some more burn coverage......

Funny thing was that that weekend I was with a girl who was friends with a mate from work, and news had spread around the whole place.....

Next thing I arrive for work... With a blistering scab on my lip from a toasted cheese sandwich...... I fkn hate that!

"Sure it was caused by melted cheese danny...."
Old 31-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #35
Kryton

oh god...here we go again.....
Old 31-03-2005, 08:19 PM   #36
Steve_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by seano14
hahaha. that reminds me of what a mate of mine did once. me and about 8 friends were staying in this holiday unit. my mate put this hard candy kinda lolly in the microwave, opens the door after some time, and it looks fine. so he reaches in to get it but it's practically molten and sticks to his fingers. his first reaction to the intense burning pain was to stick his fingers in his mouth........
LOL, this post + just reading the Mythbusters thread reminded me of this...

The following is an extract from www.mythbustersfanclub.com describing one of the myths they did in a series 2 episode:

(Oh and BTW - I have certainly been victim to jam donuts and meat pies before lol).

-----
Exploding Jawbreaker

Myth:* After being heated in the microwave, jawbreakers exploded in people’s mouths.

Two examples were cited, proving that this actually has happened.* The Mythbusters want to find out what caused this phenomenon.* Jamie saws a jawbreaker in half, revealing many different candy layers. His first guess is that each layer heats up at different rates.
Tori builds a set of steel false teeth, rigged to bite with a force of 170 lbs.* They try different combinations of heating, then cooling, then pressure.* They get a jawbreaker to explode, with alarming results: Christine and Adam are hit and burned by flying molten candy!
Perhaps the candy explodes as a result of a chemical reaction. Four samples are put together: two of caustic soda and jawbreaker mixture, and two of caustic soda and ascorbic acid mixture. One sample of each is mixed with water, one sample each is heated.* The heated soda/candy mixture proves combustible, as did the wed soda/acid mixture.
One last test: a jawbreaker in its wrapper is put in a toaster oven. When “bitten,” nothing happened.* But when they took it out of the package, it was hard outside but molten inside, making it potentially harmful.

Myth: Confirmed!!* With several different affirmative explanations.
----

Steve.
Old 31-03-2005, 09:33 PM   #37
Magical_ED
FORDISMâ„¢

Damn i love that show mythbusters its hilarious.
I have also come under the wrath of the molten pie, at school of course we had those cheese pies (meat pie with cheese in it), anyways i was happily enjoying my hot pie on a cold day when the cheese decided it was gonna string, so i pulled the pie away move it to my mouth the bite the string and the whole molten lump of cheese went straight onto my chin.....bloody painful but funny aswell.
Old 31-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #38
Cheahman
BOSS 260

I always get owned by jam donuts :

BA XR8
EB XR8
Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 AM   #39
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I copped it with a toast and cheese sandwich. Was a kraft single in in it, and they go like melted plastic when you heat them up
I hear ya on the melted cheese! Except in my case, the cheese melted on my tongue stud - not pleasant at all believe me :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 01-04-2005, 07:05 AM   #40
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Ouch guys, this is painful to read...

I have finally mastered the art of the candle, after many a nasty burn. Red hot melted wax on your skin is not pretty, cos it sticks as it hardens very quickly and you can't get it off.

Big ouchies.

Also the slight burn caused by Veet sensitive skin hair removal cream on sensitive spots, you know the spots I'm talking about... and you still get stinging and end up with a small rash and you looked like a plucked chicken. Not that I ever tried, it happened to a friend of mine :

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:53 AM   #41
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

You'd think that I would learn, but no. The good old campfire jaffle iron, creating another toasted treat, never fails to result in superheated slices of tomato and molten cheese inside said jaffle. Upon first bite, a small recreation of Krakatoa takes place, and results in scorched taste buds, burnt skin on the roof of the mouth, and one clown hopping around the campfire with his mouth open saying nothing but "HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT #@%)(*# HOT HOT )@#%@# HOT #$)(*#@"
Old 02-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #42
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes i'm supprised i've still got taste buds, i'm that eager to bit into the mmmm Dohnuts, hot apple pies, ham and cheese jaffels, pies, hot chocolate drink, soups etc that i almost always burn my tongue and can hardly taste what i was so looking forward to.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:01 PM   #43
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I have found that there is one thing hotter than cheese in a ham/cheese/tomato-toasty, and that is tomato.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #44
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
I have finally mastered the art of the candle, after many a nasty burn. Red hot melted wax on your skin is not pretty, cos it sticks as it hardens very quickly and you can't get it off
Dare I ask what situation caused you to get hot melted wax on your skin? _2:
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 03-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #45
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Ouch guys, this is painful to read...

I have finally mastered the art of the candle, after many a nasty burn. Red hot melted wax on your skin is not pretty, cos it sticks as it hardens very quickly and you can't get it off.

Yeah I walked into my bedroom once with not enough on and no co-ordination and managed to knock over a burning candle on my....apendage.

I thought I'd knocked over a hot drink until the wax hardened and I had to peel it off the end of my bits.

It didn't hurt hurt but it certainly caught my attention.

I make extra sure to cover up these days.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #46
loxxr6
XB in parts...

While I'm thinking about burns, at maccas I accidentally closed one of the bun cookers onto my hand and seared a plastic gloves into my fingers. That definately stung. Left a nasty scar for a while too.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #47
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont_Krissy
Dare I ask what situation caused you to get hot melted wax on your skin? _2:
Uhhhh... NUP! lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 15-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #48
holmsy
Banned

i just hate eating really hot pies or party pies and the meat comes out onto your hand.
and usually ill have a drink in the other hand so it is a rush to find somewhere to put the drink down then suck off the meat.

iv burnt my hands many times due to damn pies.
Closed Thread