Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #31
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
Went to Repco and Supercheap today, hunting for a few things, and both places when i walk in and around the shop, i got a hard time for wearing a Ford shirt, young **** at Supermurph auto says 'man you should be in a holden shirt man, we sponsor holdens' , i am like riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, they didnt have what i was after, as usual.
Went into repco, found the stuff i wanted, waited a bit over 5 mins for the doofus behind the counter to stop talking to his mate to serve me, no 'oh sorry about the wait' or 'how are ya champ', i got 'matey wearin a ford shirt here, dont ya know repco have a Holden supercar' , i just nodded and didnt say anything paid for my goods, and left.
I am not having a go at Holden fans, i just think its so unprofessional, and if i had the time today i would have had a word to both their managers.
:
Actually i thought after the bathurst debacle,it was the general consensus that supercheap was being given the superflick?
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 08:39 PM   #32
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
i agree with all just some reasoning. i employ yougens although sometimes difficult at the start( school to work transition) they have been a great asset to me and its not the cheap labour as i pay above award considerably for the right worker. i actually have one coming up for long service and wouldnt trade him for anything. i see alot of buisnessus who pay s##t and in turn there workers arent happy in the end its a recipe for disaster. in all areas. you have to share the wealth to grow it i may be totally wrong, but i have happy staff who like me and go out of there way to look after my customer base
I don't find its just the quality of the pay. It's also got to do with the boss, and how he/she treat the employees. My last boss who was just moved was great. we talked and got along. He would always thank me for the effort i put in for him and i really appreciated it. My new one i want to kill. He talks to me like i'm dirt and i am dumb as a post. he doesn't thank me for the effort i put and today asked me why i am not trying as i hard as i usually do. I told him about how i don't like the way he talks to me and the rest of it and pretty much told me where to go. I wonder what the store manager is going to say tomorrow when i ask for transfer forms?
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #33
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I've been on both sides of the fence here. I have worked a few years in spare parts places, and while the wage of a "parts interpretor" is marginally above the poverty line, (no, I'm not joking) there is no excuse for leaning your a55 against the counter dribbling worthless 5hit to your mates while a customer waits for you. We had that drilled into us from the beggining where I once worked, that the paying customer is the most important and he's effectively paying your wages with his current and future business. And having had to wait a miniture eternity on a number of occaisions for service at a number of parts places, I find it easier to just find a bunch of other cr@p and leave it on the counter and walk out. Try and time it so you leave when the boss comes out and simply don't return.
Mesa is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #34
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Whingers nothing! Near enough isn't good enough, that level of service although expected isn't good enough for the local burger barn. There are plenty of well mannered kids who would gladly have their jobs and be happy to do them better.

Even if the counter jocks were in blue shirts and razzing a red army believer it would still be not on,

If ill informed smart-assed remarks to paying customers and a slack attitude to customer service is not grounds for dismissal then I don't know what is!
I agree, and what really p!55es me off is that it's these idiots who have no respect who are employed, while people like me who are GENUINE car enthusiasts who could do MUCH better at that job don't even make it past the interview stage. I know some of you have said the pay isn't great, but that's not the point, I'd rather be working, and would provide a much better customer experience then it sounds like XR8fella experienced.

I was brought up to believe that "if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly", and I don't think there is any excuse for the experience XR8fella had, even if some of it was intended as a joke, it's just poor customer service.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:30 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
I agree, and what really p!55es me off is that it's these idiots who have no respect who are employed, while people like me who are GENUINE car enthusiasts who could do MUCH better at that job don't even make it past the interview stage.
The sad thing is that a lot of employers believe its cheaper to keep employing young brats, even if its short term. I have no doubt that what they save on wages, has been lost from less business.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #36
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

There's a little boy waiting at the counter of the corner shop....he's been waiting back there, waiting half the day........... :

Time to thump the counter and ask for assistance in your deepest voice my friend. :
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #37
reece1
reece1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
There's a little boy waiting at the counter of the corner shop....he's been waiting back there, waiting half the day........... :

Time to thump the counter and ask for assistance in your deepest voice my friend. :
coz hes waiting to steal something the little turd :
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #38
Falcon_Awesome

I had a bit of a similar experience just after the Ambrose incident after Bathurst. I was buying his 2005 model car and the old guy behind the counter made a smart *** comment and then I started to retaliate but then stopped myself. I wont be going there ever again and will be steering everyone away from there.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #39
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
I agree, and what really p!55es me off is that it's these idiots who have no respect who are employed, while people like me who are GENUINE car enthusiasts who could do MUCH better at that job don't even make it past the interview stage. I know some of you have said the pay isn't great, but that's not the point, I'd rather be working, and would provide a much better customer experience then it sounds like XR8fella experienced.
Thats a good point to bring up. My wife is finding it hard to get work too. If these people dont really want the job, there's plenty of people that can take their place and provide a better service for the employer and customers.

Hope you find work soon MaDDeSTMaN, i know it's tough.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #40
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I went to Supercrap about a month ago and waited for a few minutes at the parts counter to make an enquiry, do you think any of the staff that were in the area could be bothered coming over to serve me. I just walked out. I went over to my local Autopro and they went out of their way to help me and ordered the right parts I wanted, so they will be getting my business from now on, Supercrap can ram their cheap sh*t up their ****.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 12:30 AM   #41
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by au^ute
Thats a good point to bring up. My wife is finding it hard to get work too. If these people dont really want the job, there's plenty of people that can take their place and provide a better service for the employer and customers.

Hope you find work soon MaDDeSTMaN, i know it's tough.
Thanks mate, I hope so too, it's particularly frustrating walking into a store and getting cr@p service, particularly when it's a store you've applied for a job at and been unsuccessful. I know there are plenty of 'dole bludgers' out there, but I'm not one of them, it's just a lot tougher to get work then some people seem to appreciate, so thanks for the understanding mate!

Anyway, back to the topic, if I was you I'd make it clear to the manager how un-impressed you are with the service you received, it might make the difference between someone else getting cr@p service, or the job being filled by someone who can actually provide some decent service (like me).
Old 31-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #42
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Thanks mate, I hope so too, it's particularly frustrating walking into a store and getting cr@p service, particularly when it's a store you've applied for a job at and been unsuccessful. I know there are plenty of 'dole bludgers' out there, but I'm not one of them, it's just a lot tougher to get work then some people seem to appreciate, so thanks for the understanding mate!

Anyway, back to the topic, if I was you I'd make it clear to the manager how un-impressed you are with the service you received, it might make the difference between someone else getting cr@p service, or the job being filled by someone who can actually provide some decent service (like me).
Next interview mate, tell them there are 10,000 of us (near enough) that'd be glad to be served by you !
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8fella
Went to Repco and Supercheap today, hunting for a few things, and both places when i walk in and around the shop, i got a hard time for wearing a Ford shirt, young **** at Supermurph auto says 'man you should be in a holden shirt man, we sponsor holdens' , i am like riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, they didnt have what i was after, as usual.
:
Funny, I bought FPV seatcovers from supercheap.

But the employees there dont work on commission, so they get paid the same if you buy something or just look. If they were on commission, than they would hanging around you like a bad smell.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #44
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You need to learn to stand up and say "Oi are you serving or doesn't your boss need the money coming in"..
I must admit, I dont tolerate people chatting if Im standing waiting to be served, I guess Im arogant, but bugger it, you are the customer wanting to buy something.... dont just stand there waiting for them to actually think about serving you!!!!!!!!!

And I do believe you should have said something to the manager (unless this little twirp was the manager)...

I refuse to buy from Supercheap or Repco here but I do go to Autobarn and get very good treatment (after ensuring the young girlie behind the counter got into trouble for being a lazy dimwit)

I love it when people give me heaps about loving Ford, especially when they see my tat.... :evil_laug
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #45
BuuBox

I definatly agree with a lot of the things a few people have said, especially about poor service at Repco, but when they're getting paid $8 an hour, what do you expect. It's more a poor reflection of the place itself rather than that individual employee... Vote with your feet! I ran out of Supercheap the last time I went in there, I couldn't beleve the amount of life size cardboard cutouts of that infamous sheep tickler. Gave me nightmares.

On that note, it's a s**t fight to get anything you want at Repco... even when dealing with the manager. Might just be the store around here (FTG Repco), but damn they like making it hard.
BuuBox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #46
BJ
Banned

Gess build a bloody bridge and get over it will you. If they treat you like that don't go in simple. Or do what i do tell them what you think and tell them to shove it up there ****. No fanfare or song and dance. Now move on
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #47
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Maybe we all should put some cash in together and start up our own chain of spare parts stores. We could call it SUPER SERVICE AUTO PARTS.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #48
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bathurst- a small battle in a very big war I say. Followed with And whos comming 1st in the championship-FORD And whos comming second?- FORD and whos comming 3rd- FORD. and whos comming 4th- who gives a F@@k. :evil_laug
Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 AM   #49
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoon
Maybe we all should put some cash in together and start up our own chain of spare parts stores. We could call it SUPER SERVICE AUTO PARTS.

So when can we expect you to start this fabulous store Mr Phoon???? :
Old 01-11-2005, 11:51 AM   #50
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I think your being way over sensitive guys ! There is always going to be rivalry between the Ford and holden supporters. I actually like it when some pimple faced sydney gay mardigra float (commodoore) driving limp wrist tries to tell me how good holdens are ! I can give them way more shyte than they can give me !

I'm actually glad someone invented holdens as they keep most d1ckheads out of fords !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #51
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
oh man, theres some whingers on here.

roll with the punches i say, what do you expect from these teenage no nothings working at these stores....
i agree 100%, some of you are a bunch of pansys, get a sense of humor and a comeback for them, not hard...sheesh it wasn't like they were insulting you it is just a light hearted comment.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:19 PM   #52
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Yes it may have been light hearted, or it may have been smart and sarcastic, depends on how it is said. Also I do not think it is a good time to take that risk when you have just made the customer wait for nothing. I would have been straight into them if it had been me. I don't mind copping a bit of flack and I am always quick to give it back, just not when they have held me up for their private conversations, when this happens I do not have a sense of humour. My reply in the right circumstances would have been "I am sure your boss likes my Ford lover money just as much as the money of a Holden lover!" Still in the realm of banter but a bit of a warning there too.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:16 PM   #53
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
So when can we expect you to start this fabulous store Mr Phoon???? :
Fiery, the store could be started up within 3 months if we got enough investors. Need to recruit and train staff PROPERLY. No kids who dont know anything, Just Hardcore car enthusiasts would be employed. Maybe you could manage the place Fiery. That would be a good start.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:22 PM   #54
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Fiery, the store could be started up within 3 months if we got enough investors. Need to recruit and train staff PROPERLY. No kids who dont know anything, Just Hardcore car enthusiasts would be employed. Maybe you could manage the place Fiery. That would be a good start.

Awesome Mr Phoon.... well, I will leave the concept of finding investors up to you... But, I will put my hand up to take care of the store for you : :hihi:

Some teens work hard, and if they dont, out the door they go :the_finge
Old 01-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #55
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
It would be great if something like this actually got off the ground and started. I know I'd be more then happy to work there, and would be one of the first to apply...
Old 01-11-2005, 07:32 PM   #56
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
Awesome Mr Phoon.... well, I will leave the concept of finding investors up to you... But, I will put my hand up to take care of the store for you : :hihi:

Some teens work hard, and if they dont, out the door they go :the_finge
Now thats the attitude that will get you everywhere Fiery, out the door you go young fella. Or heres a novel idea, staff the whole place with females only who are car enthusiasts and know about cars. Only bright happy cheery females to be employed.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #57
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It would be great if something like this actually got off the ground and started. I know I'd be more then happy to work there, and would be one of the first to apply...
well you may apply first but remember if Mr Phoon was to stick to his word I would be manager and I reckon a tough criteria would have to be met
j/k

you are right though, wouldn't it be good to have an auto place that was well stocked, had happy car loving nuts and ME at the helm :
oh and you would have to move to the sunny state matey :
Old 01-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #58
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Quote:
Now thats the attitude that will get you everywhere Fiery, out the door you go young fella. Or heres a novel idea, staff the whole place with females only who are car enthusiasts and know about cars. Only bright happy cheery females to be employed.
Oh goodness no Mr Phoon, maybe a couple females but not entirely females.. could you imagine the iness (hope I can say that word
Old 01-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #59
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Hehe Fiery, I was waiting for the reaction about all female staff.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:58 PM   #60
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just plain mean and nasty arent ya......... :