Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #31
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
Nothing if you haven't driven a 220kW WIndsor. Fact is there may only be 20kW in it, but the way Tickford livened up the engine overall was fantastic. Sorry, the 200 ain't the best bit of gear, although it still sounds damn good.
No need to be sorry mate, I love my little 200kw but like you say it ain't like the 220kw, but they do sound great, I just love hearing the windsor come to life.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 07:39 PM   #32
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
talking about fuel consumption, the herald sun got 13.7l/100ks out of the GT with the new 6 speed they had, which is pretty dam good and would be better then any LS1/2
I'm sorry but the LS1/2 would get that fiqure to, if not better.
galaxy xr8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #33
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
ets face it if it wasn't for GM's lead, we would all be driving 200kw Windsors around still. Nuff Said !
Very true Cam.

/me goes back to his Cleveland...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #34
SSbaby
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute33
Does Ford Cosworth DFV mean anything to anyone .
As long as GM stick with pushrods , Lemans and F1 will always be out of touch , and thank god for that.
???

Corvette 7.0L C5R's compete at LeMans. Yes, what about the other world 24hr enduros...like Bathurst and Daytona... those 7.0L C5R engines prove that they can handle the endurance with class wins, too. :
Old 15-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #35
Brute33
Boss 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
???

Corvette 7.0L C5R's compete at LeMans. Yes, what about the other world 24hr enduros...like Bathurst and Daytona... those 7.0L C5R engines prove that they can handle the endurance with class wins, too. :
Competing and winning are 2 entirely different things. The odd nascar win doesn't mean didly .

Last edited by Brute33; 15-02-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Brute33 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2005, 12:04 PM   #36
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

There is 3 minutes of my life that could have been spent more productively.

Red reads thread then walks off into the distance whistling "we're on a road to nowhere".
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 02:59 AM   #37
anakha

Much as I'd like to say Ford a doing a good job with their engine designs for us regular folks I can't. Their newest performance engine platform for the last 15 years is an engine that was originally being designed for front wheel drive applications and we are still suffering because of it.

If I was them I'd be starting with a clean sheet design for a new V8 for the masses. That or seeing them start producing versions of the 5.8L V10 prototype the SVT guys stuffed into a Mustang.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #38
lizardmech

If the LS7 was OHC it would be bigger and weigh alot more. Theres nothing wrong with using pushrods on a modern car.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post