Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-02-2006, 01:49 AM   #31
InitialD
Low and Loud

People who fart or smoke in there cars JUST before handing me there keys to have a stereo fitted.... Almost makes me wanna be sick sometimes

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #32
Ringo
I see you....

Dairy Man - I Agree - Say yes you'll pay em but its has to be through the books....

Firewood if its good stuff is worth plenty...charge 'em or ask for a discount of their rates. Remember they COST you money when they stuffed up. Perhaps say you'll pay em but only after the pay you back for what you lost using their services....

At the end of the day its a bluff because they last thing you want is this user on your books and covered by your workers comp - if he (or she) takes a fall he'll retire on your insurance payout.

They are negotiaing from a position of power at present....take the power back somehow.......your a succesful farmer which means your resourceful, back words with actions and solve problems every day - this should be a sinch.

PS isn't it interesting that your issue is with the people who visit your farm and not the hundreds of animals who live there and would be considered 'stoopid'
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #33
Ringo
I see you....

My rant is direct at my wife little brother who's 20 going on 16. He hasn't got a job, is being hunted by some ex-friends over a girl so in in fear of his life. Won't go the cops 'cause he doesn't want to dob...so is staying at our place to hide out for a while

He went to centrelink to apply for the dole. Said that he went but the que was to long so 'would go back tomorrow'. What does he care if the que is too long! - what else has he got to do?

The other night he asks if his ex girlfriend can stay over saying 'nothing will happen' (yeah right) - I said hell no. She isn't your girlfriend any more right and my house isn't your hotel. He didn't come in until 2 am saying that he went to the movies and King Kong went from 8.30 to 12.30.....4 hours ?! eff off...

I had yesterday off so was at home catching up on chores etc - the little turd didn't get up till 1 pm, eats breakfast, leaves the dishes out, and when I talked about looking for a job today he said he had to go (where?!) and left for an hour....came back with a DVD and started watching it - WTF ?!!!

Sat down with him last night and spelled it all out to him. Can be summed up as - 'you get a job or you get out. Don't just talk about it - do it'.

I think he won't, I'll go ballistic and wife will feel like dirt for being the meat in the sandwhich.....gotta love the in-laws family....how my wife turn out so good when the rest of them are shockers?!

Right now I'm at work (taking a break with FF) and he's at my home. Probably playing GT4 on my Playstation and ИИИИИing with my car setups, eating my food, doing nothing to help around the house, doing nothing to get a job except coming up with new excuses why he can't get one, wondering if I will notice if he takes one of my beers (I counted em - 5 Carlton Draughts and 5 Becks left) and I think he has had more s.ex since the beginning of this week than I have !!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #34
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
King Kong went from 8.30 to 12.30.....4 hours ?! eff off...
Actually, it does go for 4 hours...

I went at 5:30, didn't come out until 9:45...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #35
honer
Back to N/A land

Classic sponge... I'd boot the little ******** out
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #36
Ringo
I see you....

4 hours...your kidding......you mean he wasn't lying? That's a first....

yeah the sponge is on borrowed time

wife has just suggested some 'cuddle' time tonight...things are looking a little better
Old 02-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #37
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
My rant is direct at my wife little brother who's 20 going on 16. He hasn't got a job, is being hunted by some ex-friends over a girl so in in fear of his life. Won't go the cops 'cause he doesn't want to dob...so is staying at our place to hide out for a while

He went to centrelink to apply for the dole. Said that he went but the que was to long so 'would go back tomorrow'. What does he care if the que is too long! - what else has he got to do?

The other night he asks if his ex girlfriend can stay over saying 'nothing will happen' (yeah right) - I said hell no. She isn't your girlfriend any more right and my house isn't your hotel. He didn't come in until 2 am saying that he went to the movies and King Kong went from 8.30 to 12.30.....4 hours ?! eff off...

I had yesterday off so was at home catching up on chores etc - the little turd didn't get up till 1 pm, eats breakfast, leaves the dishes out, and when I talked about looking for a job today he said he had to go (where?!) and left for an hour....came back with a DVD and started watching it - WTF ?!!!

Sat down with him last night and spelled it all out to him. Can be summed up as - 'you get a job or you get out. Don't just talk about it - do it'.

I think he won't, I'll go ballistic and wife will feel like dirt for being the meat in the sandwhich.....gotta love the in-laws family....how my wife turn out so good when the rest of them are shockers?!

Right now I'm at work (taking a break with FF) and he's at my home. Probably playing GT4 on my Playstation and ИИИИИing with my car setups, eating my food, doing nothing to help around the house, doing nothing to get a job except coming up with new excuses why he can't get one, wondering if I will notice if he takes one of my beers (I counted em - 5 Carlton Draughts and 5 Becks left) and I think he has had more s.ex since the beginning of this week than I have !!!!

What a pi55er of a rant!!!

I get sick of the little buggers at work who get paid bloody good wages for their age, but complain when they have to lift a fricken' finger. They get more than most kids their age who work 10 times as hard...... How will kids of today cope with real jobs?? It really gets on my nerves.

"Cuddle time"?? Hehehehe! Bonus mate!! :

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #38
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NZ : The easy fix is tell them they aren't required for that day. No need to supply a reason. They can't do much. They aren't employee's really. They aren't casual or full time. Cash in hand means you can be there one day gone the next.

It takes quite a bit to annoy me. Last person that did took around 3 years. He got decked.

No-one else has got to that stage with me yet. Here's hoping they don't

Ringo : I had someone like that living under my roof. Told her we'd take her in for a short period of time. While she saved for bond etc so she could rent a house. We didn't ask for any money what so ever. Assisting with rapid saving. Has a job making $500+ per week. After 4mths the gravy train ran out. My wife and I asked her to leave. The irony? She only had about $300 for bond. rofl! The upside is it was nice to have another woman in the house. Gave me something else to look at occasionally.

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 02-02-2006 at 04:20 PM.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #39
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I use to give a guy at work a lift to the train station every night for the last 3 months (4.6km) not once has he offered to give me petrol money so to stop him asking I had been driving like a mad man (power slides on cold tyres and sharp stops) and as of Monday he has stoped asking for a lift!
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:49 PM   #40
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Theres a few things, but one thing I hate is how some people eat their food. Chewing with their mouth open, talking with a mouth full or leaning over your shoulder while they eat something like an apple and crunching it in your ear. It ИИИИs me
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
I use to give a guy at work a lift to the train station every night for the last 3 months (4.6km) not once has he offered to give me petrol money so to stop him asking I had been driving like a mad man (power slides on cold tyres and sharp stops) and as of Monday he has stoped asking for a lift!
My old captain of a sports team is unemployed and expected us to pick him up. I live some distance from him, and he wanted me to pick him up, and not once did he offer petrol money or to buy me a soft drink when we got to the club. One time he decided it would be cool to light his cigarette in my car. I quit smoking 5 years ago. Also as a huge man trying to get in the focus, he would always kick the lower section of dash in the footwell with his steal cap boots. To fix that problem I stopped going to games and I switched teams. I don't mind picking people up, but some respect and common courtesy wouldn't go astray occassionally
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #42
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Hey Ringo....so you know my son then do you?

Dead set, my young bloke is 21, going on 12, and this sounds like his friggin' clone.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #43
HOON69
Banned

i'd tell em there's the door dont let it hit you on the way out.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #44
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do people do to get on your nerves?...You're gonna freak at this one!
I live in a fairly new estate with lots of building and new houses going up. We have had about 12 houses built in our street alone in the last year, so for starters you get used to all the trucks and banging and machinery at 6.30am everyday including Saturdays. The block next door is the last vacant one in our street and has just started to be developed. The owner is a owner/builder, so he has tradies there till 9pm most nights. Anyway, our drive is fairly long and where it joins the next door block it is unfenced for about 20 metres from the road, so it seems this is fair ground for the trucks and tradesman to drive over and through. Mind you, it is part of my front yard but is council land and who looks after it....me! So, if I had a magnificent lawn and garden beds, etc, it would make no difference to the tradies, they just drive over it, as they have done several times. One time a truck delivering bricks backed over the front lawn and knocked over the street light, no sorry, beg your pardon, no details, nothing, that was several weeks ago, reported it to the council who still haven't been out to fix it (lucky it's not live and shorting out on the ground). I get on well with the owner and have asked him to tell the tradies to keep off the lawn. Well, today I come home from work and there is a heap of mud and crap and a nice set of tractor/bobcat tracks all over my front yard. There was about 6 tradies working setting up the foundations and I got out of the car (pretty damned angry) and asked 2 of them who had been driving over the lawn. Well, the response I got from one guy in particular, who seemed to think I was blaming him, was complete and utter agro with all the language that goes with it. I reminded him I wasn't accusing him, I was just asking a question. With that he come over on to my driveway, goes nose to nose with me and calls me all the f..& c..s under the sun. Now, I am not the sort of bloke to take a backward step, so I eyeballed him from about 2 inches away, he turns, grabs a steel bar and proceeds to threaten me with it. I didn't budge, told him to remove himself nicely and then cop more abuse from the other tradies who were having a gold old laugh about it. Can you believe it, they are on my property, abusing me and threatening me with violence and I am supposed to accept it. I called the Police who came and spoke to him, the result of which I not sure, but I know one thing, that little turd of a tradie will be working next door to me again soon and I'll catch him on his own without his mates and we'll see just how tough he really is. It really bugs me when you get no respect/courtesy from people who seem to think it's ok to be abusive and obnoxious. Well, sometimes you just gotta draw a line in the sand and make a stand with the arseholes.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #45
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Is there a portaloo on site? When the ***** is in it tip the thing over onto the door.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:46 PM   #46
rodderz

JAJH, take a day off mate, he might be there then, I presume if he was doing the foundations/slab he is a concretor and would be back in the next few days to do the pour. He probably wouldnt appreciate a push into the trench would he?

Some of those guys in estates are absolute pigs, they will spend a half hour spinning their wheels over mud just to get there ute 1m closer to the front door. Leave crap everywhere, then fly home at 100km/hr in 50/km streets

I do a lot of landscaping works in housing estates, most of which has been in the western suburbs in the last 6 years. It's an absolute pain when you do a job then you get guys in trucks and cars driving over edges, over plants, irrigation etc. We claim damages for it but after the 3rd or 4th time you do get tired of the maintenance. Thats not including the locals who pinch everything from plants to trees, sprinklers, seats, new turf, mulch and just about every other item you use on site. Some people are such cheap skates these days
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:52 PM   #47
rodderz

One other thing JAJH, put some 300mm or bigger star pickets around the perimeter of the unfenced area and paint the tops with white paint. If they dont see them 1st time they wont be back after fixing a few flats
Old 02-02-2006, 11:55 PM   #48
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Is there a portaloo on site? When the ***** is in it tip the thing over onto the door.
M8, not a bad idea. There's no loo yet, but I am sure there will be soon, so a little trip in the poo bus could be the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
I do a lot of landscaping works in housing estates, most of which has been in the western suburbs in the last 6 years.
One other thing JAJH, put some 300mm or bigger star pickets around the perimeter of the unfenced area and paint the tops with white paint. If they dont see them 1st time they wont be back after fixing a few flats
Yeah, that's where I live and there sure is some scum over this neck of the woods. The star pickets aint a bad idea either...might do that.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #49
DanXR6T
Eat more peanuts....

Hah I got lots of rants about work, but I would be an idiot to put it on a public forum when I have signed confidentiality agreements...

Dan...

Formerly owned:
'99 AU Falcon Ute
'88 EA Falcon GL
DanXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 08:55 AM   #50
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Dob em in! You know you wanna.
I'd say "Take what I pay otherwise I will report you for work whilst on pension"

Also try and speak to the other employees and find out if they are paying more.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #51
Ringo
I see you....

Happy to report success with the cuddle time

Sponge (as I will now refer to him) at about 9.30 or so says he's going to a party and won't be home tonight. Had a chat to him about the fact that he is supposed to be keeping a low profile in case his ex-friends see him and beat him up. It will be fine he say's and off he goes, gelled back hair and smelling of aftershave.

A little later Mrs Ringo and I have special cuddle time - first time for nearly a week. A little later, maybe 10 min, and we are drifting in that wonderful post cuddle sleep and I hear creaking at the front door, and then a little more creaking on the floor - Have the realisation that someone is in the house Holy F__k and then I twig - Sponge is sneaking back into the house! I switch on a light to confirm it, Sponge says sorry, Mrs Ringo (who had dozed off) wakes up.

Mrs Ringo (who is Sponges big sister) is now sure he heard us going at it. She is embarrased and angry at the same time and so doesn't get to sleep to some time after 1am which will make her 'feral cheryl' today...
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #52
rodderz

lmao

You're caught in a nasty dilemma there ringo!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #53
max^power
Formerly au^ute

im SO SO SO Sick of the following:

"What's my password? I've forgotten it." - WTF? are people that stupid that they can't remember a simple password that they have created themselves!?

God help us all if they reproduce:togo:
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #54
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Original Question: What do people do to get on your nerves>
Answer: BREATH

Oh no, Im starting to sound like Sourbastard. Oh well, better to be honest than nice.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #55
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
I hate it when staff members at work feel the need to have 1000 ten minute smoke breaks in one day, and then have the hide to crack the ИИИИs if their break is interrupted buy anyone for any reason.
I hate this. Work this out. Say you have a smoke at lunch (fine your time no worries). However say you also duck out at say 10am and 3pm for a smoke, 10min each.

2 smokes a day at 10min each adds up to 2.13WEEKS off a year. People want to go out for a smoke a few times a day...fine no worries. however if you wish to do so you sacrafice 1/2 of your anual leave...ok?

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 01:03 PM   #56
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

what gets on my nerves..

people who fork out big bucks for a nice shiney convertible and drive around with the roof UP on a perfectly fine day!!! Why did you buy the bloody thing if you wont have the top down!!

As people who have really nice cars and dont look after them!!

Maybe its a bit of jealously but if you are going to have a nice car have the decentcy (sp?) to look after the thing, because I would happily!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #57
gozza

people who whinge about john howard and taxes but at the same time are rorting centrelink

and graffiti artists who target small businesses

leave it for government buildings and multi corporate companies hehe
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #58
Falcon Freak
Banned

What gets on my nerves......

People who drive Holdens and claim that they are 'World Class' vehicles. :MrT_anim:

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:47 PM   #59
XRchic
Hello

What ИИИИes me off?

- My mother who refuses to work, refuses to do housework, refuses to cook or do any grocery shopping, while my Dad works two jobs, does all the housework, cooking, shopping etc.... and she abuses him, puts him down to her friends, my friends, anyone she meets, accuses him of not managing money (when he doesnt spend a cent but she racks up massive credit card debts) and she demands dinner when HE walks in the door at night, after SHE sat on her backside watching cricket all day on the digital foxtel he paid for, shopping all day in her new car he paid for, playing on the new computer and ADSL he paid for .... and then chucks a wobbly when he says he is just going to get them takeaway that night because he is too tired to do anything else....

- My mother, who refuses to give us a hand by picking our kids up from school. She lives literally 5 min from their school, but because she is too lazy, they go to after school care and we pay a small fortune for them to go there

- My Dad for not leaving her.

- My brother, who is 33 this year, lives at home with my Mum and Dad and who refuses to work. Dad pays for all of his expenses, board, clothes, food, LOTS of alcohol and the medical bills from the gout that he has from drinking too much, pays for his car and fuel and rego and insurance, pays for his private health insurance and bought him a $6K video camera and tripod for his hobby... well Scott broke the camera in a fit of temper over something, and threw it... Dad organised for the insurance company to have it repaired, paid the excess etc, etc... but it took two weeks for the place to get the parts to fix it... Scott demanded my Dad buy him a replacement camera just for that two weeks (believe it or not!!!) because he couldnt live without it. When Dad said no, Scott had a massive tantrum at Dad, yelled at him saying he was a cold hearted b@stard who didnt care about him and punched him. Incidentally, neither my Mum or my brother have ever put petrol in a car in their entire lives, I am not kidding - Dad does it!

- My Mum, for causing a massive fight with my Dad because she refused to put some of his work shirts away after she washed them, the cat sat on the shirts and she had to wash them again - apparently Dads fault for not putting them away (he was at work)... Dad asked why she just didnt hang them up for him... her answer was "You dont put MINE away!".... and made a comment about how she should have married Dad's brother instead...

I am sorry, but this thread made me think about how ИИИИed off I am. I dont normally like to get too personal on these things, but I have just spoken to Dad on the phone, and he has had enough. Mum has been on the phone ИИИИИing to me about him and I hung up.

I have told Dad he can leave them and move in with us, for nothing. As long as he likes. I hope he leaves them.

People like them REALLY ИИИИ me off, especially when I am thinking about getting a 2nd job at the moment!!!

END RANT! Ill go cool down now...

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 02:57 PM   #60
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
END RANT! Ill go cool down now...
Woah, heavy stuff! Not many people would put up with all that! Your dad sounds like a nice bloke, hope he figures out he's being taken for a ride soon!
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post