Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #31
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

hmm come to think of it, when my cars restored im going to rig it with semtex. Sure, you can steal it, but when you hit that corner at the end of my street, KAABOOOOOM!

Sorry to hear about that, its my worst nightmare. Wastes of lifes they are.
Falcon_Phill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #32
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

It always sucks to hear someones car getting stolen. The bastards can't even buy there own and have to be low-life scum sucking dirtbags to steal it. It's just wrong and i hope you find the ***** that did it and he gets what he deserves

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #33
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

yer we need pics to know what we're looking for sorry to hear... that sucks ИИИИ
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #34
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its an EL, taken from Grovedale. Keys are still here. If they want it bad enough and know what they are doing they will take it. This couldn't have been done by some punk joyrider with a coathanger thats for sure. I thought smartlock needed to be turned off before it can start. I don't understand it. Car was definately locked as I remember doing it before I came inside. I also heard a Subaru Forrester was stolen from Connells Subaru on friday night.
My mate lives in Grovedale. Been there once, but he makes me park on the street. So, I never visit. Apart from the 8 hour drive. I hope you get it back.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:26 PM   #35
DW260

Mate that sucks! I hope it all works out for you.

The bloke that stole my BA XR6 is no longer around. Everyday I drive past a white roadside cross with his name on it- Riding a motorbike with no lights, at night with, no helmet and smacking into a mini-van will do that... Still I feel for the driver of the mini-van.

Karma is a ИИИИИ mate, He'll get his I'm sure. Just keep your chin up and move onward and upward.
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:32 PM   #36
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Well said DW260 Karma or CARma as i like to refer to it can come back to really bite someone

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #37
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute6
Damn sorry to hear your loss buddy. Being in Geelong, it makes it feel a bit closer to home! What colour was your baby may I ask?
It was Regency Red with the full factory bodykit. Can't be too many of them around.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #38
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermind
I cant begin to imagine that gut wrenching feeling. If my car ever got stolen, i'd hope and pray that I never saw it again, I wouldnt want anything to do with it anymore, no matter how much damage was or wasnt done to it.
Thats the way I feel. It will have been thrashed within an inch of its life. There are burnout marks out the front of my house, and at the end of the street too. Standing out the front of my house a minute after it happened I could still hear it getting revved out in the distance. I just spent over $500 getting the AC fixed a week ago, and just filled the tank with petrol a few hours earlier. I'm really steaming over this.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #39
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
That is a loss. EL XR8's my favourite Ford model. Won't be joyriders. I think your shell may be found burnt out within next week. Or will end up rebirthed in different state.

Just out of interest what are they worth market value on insurance?
Some pricks probably stripping it of parts as we speak. I'm really stressing over what its going to be worth if I don't get it back. It was only insured for market value, and that may not be worth any more than 10k. I payed 17k for it a year and a half ago, with full factory bodykit and low k's. There's no way I could replace it for 10k. If it doesn't come back i'm going to be well out of pocket.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #40
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear of your loss... Hope they get caught.
Was it below average kms? When we had a car written off, the insurance company offered us a lower valuation, based on market values. I told them to shove it, and queried as to why my car had less kms than average. They upped the payout figure...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #41
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
Sorry to hear of your loss... Hope they get caught.
Was it below average kms? When we had a car written off, the insurance company offered us a lower valuation, based on market values. I told them to shove it, and queried as to why my car had less kms than average. They upped the payout figure...
It had less than 125k on it when I bought it, was up around 150k now. They will probably consider that average. Try buying an EL XR8 with factory option bodykit, good condition and less than 150k for any less than say $13,000. I've never seen one for sale for any less than that, there aren't many around.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #42
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Here is a pic of the car stolen, its a very nice looking Falcon, i had to reduce quality a fair bit for posting....
Also please watch the language guy's, everyone gets upset when this happens, just watch your word choice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0080.jpg (56.0 KB, 141 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #43
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
It was Regency Red with the full factory bodykit. Can't be too many of them around.
Just the way I would want one.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #44
zetec
Zoom Zoom

What's the rego so we can call cops if we see one similar?
Old 06-02-2006, 01:55 AM   #45
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice car bad luck mate, keep your fingers crossed it might come back
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #46
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
What's the rego so we can call cops if we see one similar?
Got any other pic's? Incase one of us finds somone selling similar parts!

Smartlock was first overriden in 1993. Theifs did not take long to get past it, I was surprised that eventhough Ford know this they still used it for years!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #47
Ringo
I see you....

Gees - I wanted to drop a nuke on melbourne after my stereo got pinched from my car a year ago just so I knew I would get the b'stard.

Vioilenece won't solve anything - it will just make you feel a whole lot better.

I will keep and eye out for it. Need a Rego though. Any unique stickers or things which would help us identify it?

Agree about hassling insurancde company about to up the payout just from straight market value - You have justification, and evidence - push hard. The more you push the better the next toy will be....*Ringo thinks BA XR's are coming down in price, particularly the 8's mmmmmmmmm BA XR
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #48
ea_sedan
EA series P (P for pat)me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb91xr6
will bash them myself 4 u if you find them
i'm helping
hehehe i got some golf clubs the other day
whack oooo whack wack oooooo ooooooo whack whack whack oooooo ooooooo ooooooo : (lol simpsons whacking day lol)
Old 06-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #49
ea_sedan
EA series P (P for pat)me

HI K man and mkII
Old 06-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #50
HLC
Audi S3

man that sucks.

all the best in finding the bastards that did that to ya car. as well as finding your car, but that always isnt a good thing after theft.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #51
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

When an Insurance Company Offers you a Total Loss settlement never take their first offer as they will offer you the lowest amount they think they can get away with - you will be surprised how many people take the first offer as they cant be bothered with the hassle.

The more information you supply to the insurance company the more they will pay out.

Photo's and service records is a must for low kilometer cars.

Obviously a huge number of people dont tell their insurer's the modifications/extras they do to their cars and in this case if the insurance company has not been made aware of modifications/extras dont expect to be paid out for them.

Most policy's cover $400 worth of personal items in the car - be that melways - cd's - clothes - remember to add this in your claim

Copy's of adds from Trading Post, Cars Guide the Age etc will help increase the pay out figure if these cars advertised have a higher value than the pay put figure they are offering

Insurer's use the Glass's Guide or the Red Book and they have 3 values in the for cars over 10 years old - below average - average and above average. - this is a guide only and if you can proove these guides values wrong with adds then your most likely to get a bigger pay out.

If you dont do any work and expect the insurer to pay out a high pay out figure you are very much mistaken

Also insurance company's have a high turn over of staff so make sure you speak to some one who knows the business not some chump thats has only been working in the claims for 2 weeks.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #52
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
nice car bad luck mate, keep your fingers crossed it might come back
honestly would you want it back? Its a said fact though *touch wood* if mine ever gets stolen I wouldn't want it back, just don't know what they done to it mechanically and all the stuff that insurance won't cough up for.

Just hope you get some cash from insurance and get ya self a new car..

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #53
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

Quote:
It had less than 125k on it when I bought it, was up around 150k now. They will probably consider that average. Try buying an EL XR8 with factory option bodykit, good condition and less than 150k for any less than say $13,000. I've never seen one for sale for any less than that, there aren't many around.
Be very hard to find one, most EL's are up around 180,000kms now, thats why I will be holding onto my XR6 for awhile as it has only done 130,000kms.

Hope you find it mate.
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #54
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
When an Insurance Company Offers you a Total Loss settlement never take their first offer as they will offer you the lowest amount they think they can get away with - you will be surprised how many people take the first offer as they cant be bothered with the hassle.

The more information you supply to the insurance company the more they will pay out.

Photo's and service records is a must for low kilometer cars.

Obviously a huge number of people dont tell their insurer's the modifications/extras they do to their cars and in this case if the insurance company has not been made aware of modifications/extras dont expect to be paid out for them.

Most policy's cover $400 worth of personal items in the car - be that melways - cd's - clothes - remember to add this in your claim

Copy's of adds from Trading Post, Cars Guide the Age etc will help increase the pay out figure if these cars advertised have a higher value than the pay put figure they are offering

Insurer's use the Glass's Guide or the Red Book and they have 3 values in the for cars over 10 years old - below average - average and above average. - this is a guide only and if you can proove these guides values wrong with adds then your most likely to get a bigger pay out.

If you dont do any work and expect the insurer to pay out a high pay out figure you are very much mistaken

Also insurance company's have a high turn over of staff so make sure you speak to some one who knows the business not some chump thats has only been working in the claims for 2 weeks.
Thanks for that advice, it might come in handy.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:52 AM   #55
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

tell them to find you one for around the same km's and condition for what they are ofereing and if they say they cnt then obviously they are underpaying you
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #56
LTDHO
The one and only

WTF?

Above advise it ok, but not 100% accurate.
A respectable insurer will offer you what they find is the pretheft value assuming you have listed all the mod's that ad value.
If you want to know what your car is worth, find similar vehicles selling in carsales and trading post. You may not be covered for transfer or on roads so look at private market.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:21 AM   #57
Chris
AFF.com.au

I had the same thing happen one day, with my 11sec ESP. They (2) guys hopped into the car, and off they went, down the drive, and lit them up down the road. My then girlfriend called the cops.

I was thinking that they wouldn't know where the fuel system switch was, so in my boxers, off I go down the road after them.

The absolute elation that followed when I heard the big 4V die - THEY COULDN'T FIND THE PUMP SWITCH!!!! They coasted to a stop, and were frantically looking for the switch.

They should have run.............

Anyway, one of them took off, I grabbed the driver, and with a neighbor managed to deal with the problem "in house".

He wont steal cars again. He would have had to learn how to walk again first lol
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #58
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I had the same thing happen one day, with my 11sec ESP. They (2) guys hopped into the car, and off they went, down the drive, and lit them up down the road. My then girlfriend called the cops.

I was thinking that they wouldn't know where the fuel system switch was, so in my boxers, off I go down the road after them.

The absolute elation that followed when I heard the big 4V die - THEY COULDN'T FIND THE PUMP SWITCH!!!! They coasted to a stop, and were frantically looking for the switch.

Anyway, one of them took off, I grabbed the driver, and with a neighbor managed to deal with the problem "in house".

He wont steal cars again. He would have had to learn how to walk again first lol
how good is that. i bet they learnt a better lesson from you than the police . and they didnt even get arrested. good to hear nice to know they dont always get away. cheers.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #59
DW260

Quote:

I so love a happy ending.
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #60
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:

Mate of mine is serving 13 years for a very similar situation. Found the shell stripped in a vacent lot and a fresh trail of oil leading to the house next door, dumb ИИИИ had the custom leather trim sitting in the living room for all to see. A few mates when around there and took all the stuff back and Talked to him politely :, owner of the car was identified and charged. The scum walked away with $2o,ooo from the victom's of crime payout sceme.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post