Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #31
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

There's part of the reason the XR's, and especially XR8s with the BA bonnet are more expensive to insure.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

I have had 3 different quotes for an alternator for the Focus, cheapest being $470, most expensive being $900.
Old 13-05-2006, 09:52 PM   #33
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

$140 p/side for the steel/rubber binded rocker cover gaskets..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #34
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
Some more Ford prices...
BA XT/XR6 bonnet - $431.62
BA XR8/GT bonnet - $1,773.75
Lotta money for a hump...

BA Falcon remote to unlock doors - $90.11
BA XR front bumper - $1,625.94
BA XR headlamp (L & R same price) - $403.24
Mate where did you get that quote from ? I heard they stopped selling the bulge bonnets quite a while ago because they wanted to stop people putting them on non 8/GT's. Could be wrong though ? And i know it depends where you go..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #35
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

My Ford dealer does not stock the genuine brake pad for my Ford Escape.
The non genuine one they sold and fitted was $55.00
The genuine brake pads are $285.00
Old 14-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #36
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Mate where did you get that quote from ? I heard they stopped selling the bulge bonnets quite a while ago because they wanted to stop people putting them on non 8/GT's. Could be wrong though ? And i know it depends where you go..
Gregorys Ford in Canberra. AFAIK they will sell XR8 bonnet to anyone who wants to part with the right amount of folding stuff. FPV parts require proof of ownership though. Different dealers have different policies though.

Carbon fibre XR8 bonnets are available from AWC from $990. Also check eBay for suposedly genuine Ford steel ones from $1250
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #37
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo90
I'm chasing a price on current model XR8 18"x8" mags

And if possible does anyone know of any replica ones??
Brother in-law just had to replace one of his BA 18" XR8 rims. Only place we could find one that matched was from ford at a cost of $750 or thereabouts. Rubber was another $300 odd on top.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:32 PM   #38
It'sTheVibe

Was working on a mate's missus' Corolla in the mid 90's cause it had a preference for running on only 3 cylinders - can't remember which model.
Turned out to be a stuffed plug lead, but all 4 leads and the dizzy cap were molded as one.
Toyota wanted nearly $300 for that little scam, whereas replacing the lot with 4 aftermarket leads and cap came to just under $200
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #39
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
Brother in-law just had to replace one of his BA 18" XR8 rims. Only place we could find one that matched was from ford at a cost of $750 or thereabouts. Rubber was another $300 odd on top.
I'm guessing he meant the new BF 18's by 'current model'.. could be wrong ? I've seen no copies of the BF 18's, i'm not a big fan of them - i'm guessing Ford will have something special to replace them for the MKII BF, i reckon the BF 17's look better than the 18's :P

Just search on ebay, i've seen 4 x BA 18" copies with tyres for $1400ish.. the BF copies shouldn't be far away..
Old 14-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #40
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I had to replace of the IRS rear left tierod end on the AU. $795 new & can only buy from Ford, i couldn't get even get one secondhand because no one had one in stock.
Old 14-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #41
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
go figure.... a brand new in the box ba xr8 tremec 5 speed $900 from a dealer
I think the reason the prices on those tanked was they started breaking on owners of BA Mk1 XR8's and Ford got a whole stack of them in and ended up with a massive oversupply.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #42
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i got one of them rear toe adjustment rods!! AUIII XR8 MAN!!!
got it from furn tree gully wreckers for $190 inc postage to brisbane!!
ford wanted $700 up here as well for that part

but EVERY wrecker we spoke to also said they are 1 hard to find part!!
but the thats the price you pay for hitting gutters or posts etc:(..

went into ford dealer once to get a price on a part and the guy said informativly for the 8 injectors for a V8 in the F250s etc(i think its the 8ltr or wat ever it is) .. they want $40,000 for the set of 8 we shook our head and said.. typical ... lucky we dont own 1 of those!

the accelerator cable was 115 or somthin for an NA fairlane 6 cyl .. but the V8 NC fairlane cable is $35 and its only a different bracket/attachment on the end!

$250 for AU header tank with sensor inc fitting

tyres are A RIP OFF there too cant remmeber the price tho
Old 14-05-2006, 04:00 PM   #43
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Quote:
BA Falcon remote to unlock doors - $90.11
interesting how the AU2+ ones are cheaper than the EB onwards ones at $98.50

i got mine on ebay for $15 plus postage
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #44
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

i ended up paying $105 a side for those steel and silicone rocker cover gaskets and about $420 for a heater pipe (the one on the drivers side next to the rocker cover)
70caprigt3k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #45
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
$1200+ for BA/BF sports steering wheel, Fairmont Ghia version with woodgrain top and bottom is same price. From memory, dealer cost from Ford is around $600. I bought one off eBay for $150....brand-new-in-the-box, genuine Ford part.
I got a BA2 Ghia steering wheel for under $100 over the counter from a Ford Dealer. The unit list price on the invoice before discount was $1713.13 excl GST...
Old 14-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #46
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sTheVibe
I got a BA2 Ghia steering wheel for under $100 over the counter from a Ford Dealer. The unit list price on the invoice before discount was $1713.13 excl GST...
i demand you tell me how you got the discount!

I want the LTD leather wheel, which is the FPV shape but with the top and bottom sections in dark marble (looks better than the woodgrain in my opinion), and i've seen it on ebay for $190, which is still a damn good price! The cheapest i've seen the FPV wheel is around $650 - and i can't justify the extra $460 just for two more bits of leather.

Mate how did you get the price ??
Old 15-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #47
It'sTheVibe

fantz

The dealer had some listed on ebay, but I wanted to check they were legit Ford wheels and see the colours first. So I rocked up at their parts counter & all good.
I got the dark woodgrain as the touch of colour provided some contrast to the otherwise all black/gray interior. Either is better than stock, but the leather sections still don't have a great tactile feel to them.
Old 15-05-2006, 03:54 PM   #48
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
$250 for AU header tank with sensor inc fitting

Man ... BA header tank from Macarthur Parts plus was $40 ..... Ford wanted $140 ... I definitely didn't buy it off Ford ... hee hee

Thank god mine doesn't have the sensor too .... would have cost me more :
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #49
Falchoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
i demand you tell me how you got the discount!

I want the LTD leather wheel, which is the FPV shape but with the top and bottom sections in dark marble (looks better than the woodgrain in my opinion), and i've seen it on ebay for $190, which is still a damn good price! The cheapest i've seen the FPV wheel is around $650 - and i can't justify the extra $460 just for two more bits of leather.

Mate how did you get the price ??
I'm the same, couldn't justify the extra cash for the non-woodgrain wheel. I reckon the woodgrain adds a touch of class. Going to have to price the wood grain dash bits, pretty sure they are over $100.
$234.14 for matching woodgrain auto shifter.
$64.92 for front BA door mould
$347.66 for BA indicator/headlamp switch
$448.17 for BA bootlid
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post