Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #31
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
I really like grip from the SP3000A's, except for the last 10,000-15,000Kms...
Could you unpack this comment a little for us? what happened during these last 10,000k or so?

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #32
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Could you unpack this comment a little for us? what happened during these last 10,000k or so?
They just seem to go "off". Still plenty of tread depth left (above the wear indicators), but they just seem to loose a lot of grip.

I seem to average about 35,000 out of them before I hit the wear indicators.

I've just changed to yoko a.drives because they where about 70 bucks a tyre cheaper. They seem OK so far, but they are not real good at getting power down out of corners. However, they get the power down fine from a standing start...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 04:59 PM   #33
GUTLES
Adam.

I've had Yokohama S306's, excellent tyres, grips as well in the wet as they did in dry, very quiet, but wore quickly (around 25,000kms) & we're $275 a corner... My AU came with Simex tyres & they are ok for the price.. But my pick now is Hankook, good alrounder..

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:12 PM   #34
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Tyres

Hey All,

I've been to Bob Jane T-Marts today and Beaurepairs! The pakage at Bob Jane T-Marts is going to cost $1,399 and the wheels are 18" and come with Maxxis MA-V1 tyres! The pakage from Bob Jane T-Marts is the 2nd image!

The other pakage is from Beaurepairs and come with Dunlop SP3000's but that pakage is going to cost $1,980! This is the 1st image! Or instead of the Dunlop SP3000 i can have the Maxxis tyres on them and that will bring the price down to $1,399!

Both Pakagers are 18"

Any feed back will be great....

Cheers

Simon :

PS: My limt was going to $1,500 lol it looks like its going to be $2,000!

Last edited by OZFORDAU; 12-04-2006 at 08:55 PM.
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:16 PM   #35
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like the one's on the right for looks without taking into account price

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #36
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
They just seem to go "off". Still plenty of tread depth left (above the wear indicators), but they just seem to loose a lot of grip.

I seem to average about 35,000 out of them before I hit the wear indicators.

I've just changed to yoko a.drives because they where about 70 bucks a tyre cheaper. They seem OK so far, but they are not real good at getting power down out of corners. However, they get the power down fine from a standing start...
Thanks for that!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #37
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZFORDAU
Hey All,

I've been to Bob Jane T-Marts today and Beaurepairs! The pakage at Bob Jane T-Marts is going to cost $1,399 and the wheels are 18" and come with Maxxis MA-V1 tyres! The pakage from Bob Jane T-Marts is the 2nd image!

The other pakage is from Beaurepairs and come with Dunlop SP3000's but that pakage is going to cost $1,980! This is the 1st image!

Both Pakagers are 18"

Any feed back will be great....

Cheers

Simon :

PS: My limt was going to $1,500 lol it looks like its going to be $2,000!
I like the first ones. The ones from Beaurepairs that come with Dunlop SP3000's.

Seems like an alright deal for 18" with rubber under $2000. It is low profile or normal ?

Jeff
Old 12-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #38
GK
Walking with God

The first package in 17's with the Dunlop rubber. I'd like to see that! :

Many people have them though, I know it puts some people off, but I wouldn't care!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 12-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #39
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found in my experience the Dunlop SP3000's were ok, except not my style. Way too soft, wore way too quickly and they hate heat. An example is I would frequently hit 150-160 (on a private track) and would always end up with molten rubber on my rear bar. They are like jelly and IMO ИИИИ...

However I have recently gone over to Nangkangs. Nice price, seems to be right in the middle of hard/soft and awesome grip in both wet and dry. I throughly recommend them for a budget (or those that dont earn 700 clear a week...). Haven't had them long enough for tyre-wear measuring, but I have been keeping an eye on the tread and tyre surface and they are still looking brand new after about 4000k (I do a lot of driving )
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 12:40 AM   #40
OZFORDAU
Banned

Default Wore to quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
I found in my experience the Dunlop SP3000's were ok, except not my style. Way too soft, wore way too quickly and they hate heat. An example is I would frequently hit 150-160 (on a private track) and would always end up with molten rubber on my rear bar. They are like jelly and IMO ИИИИ...

However I have recently gone over to Nangkangs. Nice price, seems to be right in the middle of hard/soft and awesome grip in both wet and dry. I throughly recommend them for a budget (or those that dont earn 700 clear a week...). Haven't had them long enough for tyre-wear measuring, but I have been keeping an eye on the tread and tyre surface and they are still looking brand new after about 4000k (I do a lot of driving )
I haven't heard that yet! Do you drive hard? I've heard that Nankangs arnt that great!

Cheers

Simon
Old 13-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #41
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I drive *very* hard... Not to the point of traction loss because that ИИИИ is just dumb, but I do give her a go around corners (it has Double Wishbone IRS and it is mean to be used...) I have swerved lanes in an emergency situation at 140+km/hr because I decided to try just one more car, and we are talking enough of a jolt to get me up out of my seat on both the SP's and the Nangkangs and I can tell you the SP was a fright and a half while the Nangkang stuck like glue.
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:46 AM   #42
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Choices....

Ok guys i've narrowed it down to 2 packs!

1) The BOB JANE T-MART 18" alloys and Dunlop SP3000 tyres at $1,980 for the lot!

2) The BOB JANE T-MART 18" alloys and Maxxis MA-V1 tyre for $1,399 for the lot!

Which one should i go?

Cheers

Simon :voldar02:
Old 13-04-2006, 02:51 AM   #43
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
What kays does he get from a set? Find out for us if you could!

Actually here's some info to think about. On the side of each tyre is a rating system for treadwear. 0-300. 0 is baby bottom soft, 300 is rock hard.

I have Dunlop SP200's on the SR with the rating of (200)

I have Dunlop SP3000's on the Futura (came with the rims I bought off Casper) rating of (240)

The tyres that came off the Futura Dunlop SP 300's (260).

Of these three tyres, the 3000s are easily the best and should wear really well (as evidenced by the rating of 240), in spite of being a performance tyre.

The 300's were next, good tyres and almost rock hard, wore really well.

The softest being the 200's are definately the worst, and also the softest. They squirm around and squeal around corners, i won't get them again. Actually I didn't, they came with on the SR.

I guess it depends on many factors, tread depth, sidewall stiffness, tread pattern etc.

I like the idea of going with a new set of SP 3000's on the SR next time around, 225/50/16.

GK
apparently he hasnt changed his front tyres for 6 months but the back tyres he kills in about 3 months! his a p plater and enjoys buying tyres!lol
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 02:52 AM   #44
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

the ones on the right are much better then the ones on the left! the left ones look too holden-ish like the style of it!
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 10:34 AM   #45
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post Help

I need help!

Im buying the rims today! And i can either choose the Rodney Jane Rims with the Dunlop SP3000 for $1,860 or the ANZ Tycoon rims which look excalty the same and with the Dunlop SP3000 for $1980! LOL what do i do? Which brand is better? Im lost! I need to make a choice now!

Please Help

Cheers

Simon
Old 13-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #46
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
I need help!

Im buying the rims today! And i can either choose the Rodney Jane Rims with the Dunlop SP3000 for $1,860 or the ANZ Tycoon rims which look excalty the same and with the Dunlop SP3000 for $1980! LOL what do i do? Which brand is better? Im lost! I need to make a choice now!

Please Help

Cheers

Simon
The cheaper ones! Tyres are the same, rims look exactly the same.

Looking forward to seeing how they look!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 13-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #47
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Get the RJRs with Maxxis tyres. It's a 6. It's not like you have so much power going through the tyres that you will spin them - 235s are hard enough to spin on a V8, let alone a 6. And the Dunlops are way overrated.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #48
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Get the RJRs with Maxxis tyres. It's a 6. It's not like you have so much power going through the tyres that you will spin them - 235s are hard enough to spin on a V8, let alone a 6. And the Dunlops are way overrated.
JC, you seem quite confident with the Maxxis, have you had the Dunlops?

In any case Simon, which ever tyre you put on the RJR rims, your car will look heaps better!

You were getting them today, how did it go?

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 13-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #49
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

I have not had the Maxxis, but I know they're a silicon compound, and Bucky and BlueDriver have both had them and been happy with them. I have had the Dunlops on a set of BA XR rims I had a while ago, and yes they are good, but not any better than Maxxis, or nankang, or Kumho or Hankook, yet they are twice the price. They are NOT twice the tyre.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 14-04-2006, 01:42 AM   #50
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I have not had the Maxxis, but I know they're a silicon compound, and Bucky and BlueDriver have both had them and been happy with them. I have had the Dunlops on a set of BA XR rims I had a while ago, and yes they are good, but not any better than Maxxis, or nankang, or Kumho or Hankook, yet they are twice the price. They are NOT twice the tyre.
That's a fair comment! Are they really twice the price though?

*Rereads thread* Hmmm $500 cheaper for Maxxis. Hmmmm.

Well I conceed the Dunlops would have to be very good to be $500 better than the Maxxis. Point taken.

I wonder how our young friend went with his choice today, and if he is happy with the result.

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 14-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #51
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Did you get em iftted, if so, show us pics
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #52
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking My New Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Did you get em iftted, if so, show us pics
Hey Everyone,

I got my new rims yesterday! Sorry i was late to post pics! I've just been busy! So what everyone think?

They are 18" ANZ Tycoon and i think the colour is (Hyper Black) not sure thou! The tyres are 18" Dunlop SP3000 so far so good!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with this thread!

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Simon :

Also: Special thanks to GK who helped me out heaps! :
Old 15-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #53
phildee

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

I got my new rims yesterday! Sorry i was late to post pics! I've just been busy! So what everyone think?

They are 18" ANZ Tycoon and i think the colour is (Hyper Black) not sure thou! The tyres are 18" Dunlop SP3000 so far so good!

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with this thread!

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Simon :

Also: Special thanks to GK who helped me out heaps! :
Looks great, just need to get it lowered ;)
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #54
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildee
Looks great, just need to get it lowered ;)
Thanks mate!

Haha yer it looks like a 4WD atm! If i get it lowered will i need to get a camber kit or get the guards rolled?

Cheers

Simon
Old 15-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #55
phildee

Depends how low you go I guess, saving to get mine lowered because i need a camber kit too
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:25 AM   #56
GK
Walking with God

WOW! Looks great Simon, well done!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 15-04-2006, 01:35 AM   #57
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

nice

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:37 AM   #58
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

look great.. but lowering is needed

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2006, 01:50 AM   #59
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

They look pretty good. Just need hubs painted and lowering. If you go lows (XR height) or possibly even superlows, you should not need a camber kit or the guards rolled.

Old 15-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #60
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
WOW! Looks great Simon, well done!

GK
Yeah lowering is needed in deed! Thanks thou, im loving the look of it! :nutsycuck Some people said in the tyre thread that the Dunlop SP3000 has had tyre wall cracks in them? Pfft i got a warranty on all tyres anyway so i guess it's going to be covered!

Cheers

Simon :evilking: