Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 01-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #31
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Thanks - it quite often was mistaken for a T series, even though the front bar is actually half Forte, and half HSV GTS. I guess the T emblem and the mesh grille helped fool people - but even a couple of actual T series owners were fooled too (T1/T2).
it looks pretty bloody good actually :sm_headba
Old 01-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest
I don't really want to discuss the front, the BA/BF is miles ahead (actually it's just the headlights, the rest of the AU front is quite ok).
Maybe I'll get used to the headlights....
I personally like the front of the AU, looks classy I reckon.

JC....I never actually realised that the front bar on the Forte had GTS bits in it. I have always liked that car by the way.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #33
SIKXR8220

Went out with my brother on the weekend to buy him a new car he wants to buy a VT or VY SS : Anyway after driving a few "immaculate" examples i said to him that my XR drives 100 times better than these things(we were both test driving). His response was "Then why did Holden sell more then Ford?". I didnt even dignify this question with an answer i just handed him my keys and needless to say we are now looking for an AU XR or a t-Series for him, he couldnt believe how much better it drove.

SIKXR8220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 07:47 PM   #34
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Thanks - it quite often was mistaken for a T series, even though the front bar is actually half Forte, and half HSV GTS. I guess the T emblem and the mesh grille helped fool people - but even a couple of actual T series owners were fooled too (T1/T2).
I thought it was a T-Series when i saw it. I didn't realise that the hawk wing and TS50 wing were different. They are both big. Now I know the difference.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #35
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKXR8220
Went out with my brother on the weekend to buy him a new car he wants to buy a VT or VY SS : Anyway after driving a few "immaculate" examples i said to him that my XR drives 100 times better than these things(we were both test driving). His response was "Then why did Holden sell more then Ford?". I didnt even dignify this question with an answer i just handed him my keys and needless to say we are now looking for an AU XR or a t-Series for him, he couldnt believe how much better it drove.
Good one, another rescued from the dark side!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #36
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Perhaps you sounded a tad cheeky when you suggested that people now buying AU's was basically due to price!
And they are not? Mate I love AU's aswell, id still buy a T3 over a BA GT.

But I have just recently brought a new car, had about 9k to play with. I could have gotten a very nice AU2, in some regency red colour(I think), futura, was very nice.

But then I thought why buy base model when I can go one series before and get a ghia?

Looks are subjective, the AU just didn't feel like the step up from the EL that it should of. Just my opinion though.

Plus I like the leather
:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #37
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

But then I thought why buy base model when I can go one series before and get a ghia?

Plus I like the leather
:
Enjoy the leather! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post