Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #31
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_phantom_x
I dont see anything wrong with autos, you might lose .3 of a second on the drag strip, but so what...Anyway that's just your opinion I guess.
Actually, autos lose POWER on a dyno but they are actually quicker, in most cases, on the drag strip. A manual will be quicker on a circuit. I have driven both on both and autos are no fun on a real track (or a nice twisty road), but they are easier on a drag strip.

Just what I grew up with (track and road) and just what Im used to. And yes, I drive in a LOT of peak hour traffic with my BA manual every day and I also have a broken left foot which has never healed.

Still prefer manuals.

If I had a dedicated drag car I would have an auto though.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:52 PM   #32
x_phantom_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Actually, autos lose POWER on a dyno but they are actually quicker, in most cases, on the drag strip. A manual will be quicker on a circuit. I have driven both on both and autos are no fun on a real track (or a nice twisty road), but they are easier on a drag strip.

Just what I grew up with (track and road) and just what Im used to. And yes, I drive in a LOT of peak hour traffic with my BA manual every day and I also have a broken left foot which has never healed.

Still prefer manuals.

Thats fair enough. You could still drive an auto as a manual though with the sequential shift lol. But yeah without a clutch its no fun.
x_phantom_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #33
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic

Still prefer manuals.

I've always preferred manuals, and grew up with them also. Unfortunately i now have a chronic knee injury developed thanks to work, which prevents me from driving manuals on a daily basis, it hurts to even drive them occasionally, but i still do it. Nothing's more fun than throwing a manual around a twisty road, but the ZF sequential comes pretty close.