Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #571
XBv8mmm!

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
To be honest, As a salesperson, I provide a service, and expect to be paid for this, as you do for your job, no one shows up for someone else for free, if you want a car at wholesale buy from auction, or order online from a faceless machine, my job is to build a relationship with a customer, demonstrate and inform them of all the features, their advantages and benefits, help them to find the correct car and then if they like it ask them for their business, I don't force people to buy cars, if they say yes we shake hands, if they say no we shake hands, it's up to the customer to decide which answer they give me.
Obviously some dealers are doing the right thing by the customer.

I went back to McGrath Ford today to have a word with the new car manager, who sold me my car. He said apart from the six XR8's they received in their first allocation (mine was the first of these with the rest to be delivered over the next few months), they have 9 more on order.
They must be doing something right.

Cheers,
Garry.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:18 AM   #572
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTIV8 View Post
Yeah not seeing it Daniel...we have sold 30 of them and no complaints on price, customers get that it is still excellent value for money.

The people that are buying these cars (me included remember) are always coming back.

It's all in how it is explained as far as I am concerned...smart people get it and you usually have to be smart to be able to afford these cars in the first place.
You have sold 30 XR8s? How is the rest of the range going?
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2014, 03:02 AM   #573
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah not seeing it Daniel...we have sold 30 of them and no complaints on price, customers get that it is still excellent value for money.

The people that are buying these cars (me included remember) are always coming back.

It's all in how it is explained as far as I am concerned...smart people get it and you usually have to be smart to be able to afford these cars in the first place.
A smart person can see a RRP plus a genuine delivery fee than add extra fees plus a very genorous GST than stamp duty plus an inflated (in any state) rego to come to around or below the 60k mark...

Factor in income tax for thought.

Than u get rip off dealers that push an enthusiast over LCT range and screw em some more.

Justify whatever, your treating the last falcon buyers as the new mustang buyers will be treated..

Don't even start on the service department.

I can only support the builders of the falcon cause after it leaves the factory, from my experience all that is left is FALCON an anything from sales to service is a big part of why the general public is out and we are done.

Australia will miss the falcon and commordore much more than most think, its a a big part of history that I for one am sad to be a part of n watch fade away.

Blame whoever in the end but any falcon fanatic is going to lose a part of their life whether they are ripped off for one last V8 falcon or not!
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #574
notty1978
NOTTY

So what is the price people are paying for the Manuals and Autos now
notty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #575
LASTXR

Quote:
Well done.

How many XR8's has your
dealership been allocated
LASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #576
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stillwell Ford Adelaide have them listed on their website as $58,402 (manual) drive away no more to pay. Now that seems reasonable.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #577
Cymrucaveman

I signed the deed at 60300, auto, metallic paint, mats, premium plates. Dealer offered 60900 and I just asked for a discount based on other prices I had seen here. Happy with the deal I got. Would have been happy to pay the dealers figure too. But if you don't ask you don't get.
Overall, a very positive experience.
Cymrucaveman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #578
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

To all those that have ordered one. THEY ARE WORTH THE WAIT!!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #579
kempy311
BEN

Pick mine up today the excitement.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #580
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
you sell the old girl did ya
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #581
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

We want pictures to Kempy!!!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #582
LASTXR

Quote:
Look like 2 new XR8'S today
for forum members.
Well done, sure you will be happy
and like I said in the other post,
Lots of pictures for us to drool over please,
while the rest of us wait for ours to come next year.
This user likes this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #583
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
To all those that have ordered one. THEY ARE WORTH THE WAIT!!
Yes, Yes they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And congrats DFB and Kempy on the new XR8's. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Garry.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #584
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XR8 came close to taking out the carsguide car of the year

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...4#.VIk0Z3uVHTR
Aussie Falcon is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #585
335POWER
formerly Troy23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Stillwell Ford Adelaide have them listed on their website as $58,402 (manual) drive away no more to pay. Now that seems reasonable.
I got my auto from there (on order) for $60,500 odd including on road costs.

Mods: Pacemaker competition headers, hi flow cat, x-force cat back exhaust, K&N air filter, Kings SSSL springs, Herrod CAI, Powerbond under drive, XR6T injectors[B]
335POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #586
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Yes, Yes they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And congrats DFB and Kempy on the new XR8's. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Garry.
Thanks.
Was so jealous when you got yours ha ha.
The wait was murder so to speak. I have been waiting for this new model for 12 months and its finally here.
Mustang GT

Old 11-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #587
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Falcon View Post
XR8 came close to taking out the carsguide car of the year

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news...4#.VIk0Z3uVHTR
Fun read, and really well done to the Broadmeadows team. I hope they all have their chins high and chests out, cos they've delivered something really special here.

On another note, this is yet another online article that talks about how well the FGX platform, namely the XR8, handles, and yet a few of the printed mag opinions seem to run contrary to that without much evidence to suggest why. I've always said that motoring (and gaming, for that matter) journalism could use some transparency...

Anyway, that's a long running argument for another day! Congrats to all the news owners, I look forward to seeing your pics in the show off thread!
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #588
kempy311
BEN

My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #589
LASTXR

Well done mate
Looks great
Old 11-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #590
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Niiiiiiiiice!!!!

Have fun.

Cheers.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #591
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Having instructed my dealer to keep all of the production line stickers and build sheet, in an ironic twist, the XR8 is coded as a GS in most of the build labels. Interesting considering the XR8 has a GT engine and the FG MKII GS was tagged on the line as an XR8.
Mustang GT

Old 12-12-2014, 03:19 AM   #592
bionic2006xr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Having instructed my dealer to keep all of the production line stickers and build sheet, in an ironic twist, the XR8 is coded as a GS in most of the build labels. Interesting considering the XR8 has a GT engine and the FG MKII GS was tagged on the line as an XR8.
I collected all that stuff off my BF XR6T when I bought it new. The delivery sticker on the windscreen, the print out in the accessors bag, the plastic off the seats, the quality control paperwork and even down to the little orange dots that where stuck on each rim to identify where the valve caps where. Ohhhh of the joys of seeing it in the flesh only hours after it rolled off the truck. Justin my salesman knows the drill he has already notified the pre delivery guys not to touch my new XR8 until I get all my stickers etc!!!!! And take about 200 photo's Some may call me mad!

Cheers Ryan
bionic2006xr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #593
mattrobbo26

Picking up the wife's kinetic auto xr8 today at 3 pm to say I am excited is an understatement. Called in Wednesday on my way home to look at it after it had been delivered and man does it look sweet. The interior although very similar to the fg has very nice subtle touches to differentiate. The carbon fibre look spears don't look cheap and tacky in my opinion they look rather fitting. The stitching and seat bolsters are very well done. My salesman was telling me that he wishes they had the same quality in his 335 gt. The black headlining initially I didn't even notice it and I don't think it will make the cabin feel too enclosed. Hanging for a drive tonight if I can pry the keys from the missus.
mattrobbo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #594
ACTIV8

As to the couple of questions above...rest of the range is selling about the same as FGII was, Ford don't advertise it, they don't have the ability now to produce in volume and I don't think they want to personally. So it sells to blokes like me that love it and want it because they are Ford Falcon to the bone.

XR8 we have sold 30 odd and I believe that probably covers our entire allocation for the life of this thing, or bloody close to it...200 odd Dealers Oz wide and what was it 1200 cars seems to be the most consistent rumour?

If we weren't the biggest Falcon selling Dealer in Oz, we wouldn't have even gone close to having 30 allocated to us.

Think about that, just 30 cars...I could see the smallest of Dealers doing that, it's a bloody small number.

The price thing is really fascinating me...have we noticed the WA discussions? The price is higher and the happy customers are happy because they are paying less than some others have to in WA. Do we really care what we have to pay for this car, or is more about I want to feel that I am being treated special and getting a better deal than most?

If every Dealer was asking 80k, we'd be sitting here praising those that would take 70k, instead of bagging those that ask 60k...my theory anyway.

...and crazy talk about the dealership offering nothing and being a dying forum for car sales...madness.

I could give you a host of references and examples, a recent Warranty replacement of an Engine when the car was 35k over it's 100,000 warranty limit...why was it covered? Loyal family customers, bought heaps, service with us on time every time, get a loan car from me whenever and for however long, relationship, loyalty, appreciation...so Ford covered it, saving the customer 14k that they rightfully should have paid.

If you don't think a good local Dealer relationship is worthwhile, I look forward to the time where you need to make your warranty claim through that dude in the call centre in Bangladesh.
ACTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-12-2014, 07:19 PM   #595
CQB-241
Car tragic

Quote:
As to the couple of questions above...rest of the range is selling about the same as FGII was, Ford don't advertise it, they don't have the ability now to produce in volume and I don't think they want to personally. So it sells to blokes like me that love it and want it because they are Ford Falcon to the bone.
XR8 we have sold 30 odd and I believe that probably covers our entire allocation for the life of this thing, or bloody close to it...200 odd Dealers Oz wide and what was it 1200 cars seems to be the most consistent rumour?
If we weren't the biggest Falcon selling Dealer in Oz, we wouldn't have even gone close to having 30 allocated to us.
Think about that, just 30 cars...I could see the smallest of Dealers doing that, it's a bloody small number.
The price thing is really fascinating me...have we noticed the WA discussions? The price is higher and the happy customers are happy because they are paying less than some others have to in WA. Do we really care what we have to pay for this car, or is more about I want to feel that I am being treated special and getting a better deal than most?
If every Dealer was asking 80k, we'd be sitting here praising those that would take 70k, instead of bagging those that ask 60k...my theory anyway.
...and crazy talk about the dealership offering nothing and being a dying forum for car sales...madness.
I could give you a host of references and examples, a recent Warranty replacement of an Engine when the car was 35k over it's 100,000 warranty limit...why was it covered? Loyal family customers, bought heaps, service with us on time every time, get a loan car from me whenever and for however long, relationship, loyalty, appreciation...so Ford covered it, saving the customer 14k that they rightfully should have paid.
If you don't think a good local Dealer relationship is worthwhile, I look forward to the time where you need to make your warranty claim through that dude in the call centre in Bangladesh.
My experience was both good regards price and service....both will keep me going back for the services and to discuss potential future purchases. Good pricing got me talking, pleasant non-smarmy treatment kept me there but the after-contract experience is what will keep me going back.

I was congratulated on getting a good deal when I dropped by last week, initially made possible as I had contacted dealership the day pricing was announced before the car was in the system and I knew more (from watching here mainly) than they had been told by head office....probably landed the best deal in WA based on what I've seen here. I had dropped by as they had called to let me know when their 1st allocation (Winter White auto) came in to have a look and listen as promised by them when I inked my deal in October. They are also are keeping tabs on when mine (Silhouette manual) is due to be built and keeping me informed there too. They also offered without request to hold the car on arrival so I can get off all the protective gear and stickers before the pre-delivery guys get to touch the car.

Numbers sound like they're going to be low....they have been allocated 3 XR8s in 1st tranche up to March including mine and said they have been told that will get 8 cars total and have already sold 7 of them.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #596
kempy311
BEN

Quote:

When I buy anything I want it for the best price possible. As I told my dealer when I got my initial price I told him to rip up the contract because the dealer delivery price was way over priced. In the end I got it for $61700 which was the second best price in perth I could find one for.
331rwkw.

Old 13-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #597
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As I told my dealer when I got my initial price I told him to rip up the contract because the dealer delivery price was way over priced
I imagine anyone being charged it at all at a Geelong Ford dealer would feel the same.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #598
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I imagine anyone being charged it at all at a Geelong Ford dealer would feel the same.
Car rolls out of Broadmeadows, not Geelong...
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #599
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Car rolls out of Broadmeadows, not Geelong...
Either way, you know what I meant. I don't know Vic geography, I avoid the place at all costs.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #600
pwr4ce
Donating Member2

Just saw and brand new FGX XR8 and my local dealer in silhouette still wrapped in plastic!
All I can say is wow wow wow!
pwr4ce is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post