Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-12-2008, 07:14 PM   #781
Captain Falcon
FALCON PAWWWNCH!!!

Hey fellas,

New to the whole 6cyl game, as for the last 3 and a half years ive owned an SW20 MR2 GT. Looking forward to all the new challenges that come my way, and the debt that comes with it......

Cheers guys!

Coz only hairdressers use blow dryers! :evil3:
Captain Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #782
smackc4

Smile Gidday from new member :-)

Gidday all !

Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong area but was closest I could find.

Just wanted to say hi, as I was looking up some trim code info for the BA Fairmont Ghia I just bought today. :

It will now replace my VERY faithful '88 EA fairmont which has served me bloody well for the past 14 years!

Cheers
smackc4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #783
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welome to the forum.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2008, 01:23 AM   #784
smackc4

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
welome to the forum.
Cheers!
And thanks to mods for finding me the right place for my post
smackc4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 10:51 PM   #785
fomoco74

G'day new here just thought i'd say g'day.
looking for some help on hour to find out how many XC GS Fairmonts would have been built or is that sking to much??
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #786
leelee
i come from the red side!

hiiii! im new
you dont want to know about my car...
im kinda one of those people that likes fords as well as holdens! (used to be straight up holden until i started seeing some hot fords.. haha)
errrrm, dunno what else to say...?
i live in melb & yeahhh..... hi! haha
holden utes = obsession.
leelee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #787
jphanna
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi people.

i have known about this forum for a few years now through friends that have fords and have mentioned this forum many times. i have recently acquired my dads old EA (he passed away recently), and although its in good nic with only 130,000kms, it hasnt escaped the curse of the blown head gasket (4 years ago) that so many EA's copped. i told my family that i wont be touching it in any way but i cant help myself. i will be replacing the standard marshmellow soft suspension, tinting the windows and maybe minor engine mods to help it breath a little better. i will keep it till my son turns 16, (next march) then he can keep it going for a few years i hope.

As time goes on i will expore this forum in more detail and will enjoy exchanging posts with people once i get to know a few of you.
jphanna is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 08:49 AM   #788
julianfriend
Starter Motor

Default Howdy from NZ

Hi, just joined the forum to check out issues with BF as I have just bought one. Was very helpful so will keep using for more info. I have a 2004 BA XR6 Turbo which I have now handed off to the wife as trade-in values have dropped so low with the increas in fuel prices over here.
Just got myself a BF XR8 ute. On incubus 20's , Growler intake , big bore exhaust ( that was one of the issues i read about in here , they had removed the CAT's , still legal over here but engine light was on so I got them to put them back)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_157-compressed.jpg (22.9 KB, 60 views)
julianfriend is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #789
Hardy13

Talking New guy

Hi all
Just thought i'd take the time to say hi and say what im about.

I live in Radalaide and love it.
Im a qualified Boilermaker.
I love my cars and my bikes.
I have a AU II XR6 Ute that i use as my daily driver and i am also currently
restoring a 1968 XT into hopefully a street driven show car, its early stages yet but she has been stripped back to her birthday suit and im workin on her body now.

Any tips on where to get good parts or just helpful ideas with the build will be most appreciated.

Well thats me feel free to say hi back.

Sam out

Windsor Warlords
Hardy13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #790
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Welcome aboard Sam, there is plenty of info about your cars in the AU/Classic Falcons areas.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #791
ralfnada

Hi everyone,

My name is Grant, and I'm new to Ford Forums. Actually I've been skulking around here since October reading hundreds of posts and threads, thinking maybe I can contribute in some way as well as learn more about fords.
I always say I've got all the answers but no body asks the questions !!! boom boom.

User name is ralfnada. "Unsafe at any speed" Get It ? Oh well never mind.

It took a while to find this thread to introduce myself, I have posted in classic forum and X series but not every one reads them : so here I am.

Was going to post in the how many cars have you owned ? threads, but if I included them all you would still be reading it tomorrow.
Not a boast - Just fact.

And I,ll post some pics if I ever get the hang of photo bucket !!!!!!!
72 XA 500 Ute # In storage
73 XA 500 K code ute 351 Auto. Yes another one.

03 Explorer Limited 4.6 V8. New addition. Mine.
ralfnada is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #792
GNF
Starter Motor

G'day all,

Just signed up. I own a '97 XH Ute and have made the decision to fix it up rather than buy another ute. I have had the transmission done up and I have recently done up the brakes. The ute has done 300 000km so I am sure the engine will be up soon. So I hope I have made the right decision...I'll be trying to tap into all your knowledge soon
GNF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #793
Streetvision
Starter Motor

Hey Peoples, I'm new here, i've driven commodores mostly, wanted a change, been looking at some xr6's should have the money for one in about a month, been looking at the Ba/Bf. heard they ironed out a few bugs in the BF, but it's a little out of my price range. hope to see some of you guys out on a cruise or something one day.
Streetvision is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #794
shockwatch

Hi, just joined the forum.

I was born in 65 and i am embarking on buying a 65 XP Falcon and modifying it to accept a late model V8.

Its a boys toys thing and will appreciate the knowledge I gain from a forum like this.

Cheers,

Peter Mc
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #795
Rod&Jan
Starter Motor

G'day all,

A week or so back, I bought a '97 Festiva Trio S for the daughter - it's got 200,000 on the clock and passed the Road Worthy without too many hassles.

My other Ford is an Escape but the Missus drives that. My daily drive is a '77 Leyland mini, but seeing as mini's don't like the hot weather, I'm using the Festiva for a little while.

I'm about to post a couple of questions on this forum so a bit of direction from those in the know would be great - thanks in advance.

Cheers all,
Rod
Rod&Jan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2009, 12:35 AM   #796
MADRod
Starter Motor

Hi

From the UK & a Cosworth owner, just taking a peek at a Aussie Ford site.

Own a rather quick Sierra Cosworth, dont expect you see many downunder.

Rod
MADRod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #797
xboss

Hi,
Just thought i would introduce myself. Been tinkering with cars on and off for around 25 years and in that time i have had an assortment of Fords and other cars.
I'm currently building an XC coupe that will use XB front sheetmetal and a 5.4 Boss engine (hence Xboss). There is a whole lot of work to do on the car which i'm hoping to get done in the next couple of years.
A couple of the forum sponsors have and will be providing input to the project.
Even though i'm from Perth, the plan is to do an east coast tour of shows and car events once it's finished.
xboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #798
blkvt8

Default Hi all - newbie

hey all, new to ford forums, out at drag day last night, had a ball, everyone we met was really friendly, at this point in time the stable only has 3 lions, and the beast - the wifes car..

Hope to meet up with more of you at other events. Melz better introduce us to more people! we kno where she lives ;)

Anthony & Brooke
blkvt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2009, 06:27 PM   #799
joel08
el fairmont ghia

g'day all im joel from gold coast with an el fairmont ghia. always driven fords ea 's' series, ef futura and now the 97ghia. just done some mods... extractors 2 1/2 all through and ss big mouth CAI. this is the first car for me that i have spent money on, and am loving it. so any info or sugestions on car is great. mostly motor performance advice no blling blling .
cheers guys
joel08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #800
salival462
Starter Motor

Hey there guys,

Jim from Tassie here. Glad to finally become a Falcon owner and part of this forum. Here's some pic's of my ride so far.

Nothing much done to it, just 18" wheels, lowered and 2.5" exhaust.
Its an auto, but hopefully that will change soon. In the second pic, you might be able to see that there's an FPV badge on the front. It actually looks quite good in real life up and close.

1997 XH Falcon

salival462 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #801
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkvt8
hey all, new to ford forums, out at drag day last night, had a ball, everyone we met was really friendly, at this point in time the stable only has 3 lions, and the beast - the wifes car..

Hope to meet up with more of you at other events. Melz better introduce us to more people! we kno where she lives ;)

Anthony & Brooke
Bloody hell they let you in here.... :
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #802
Hanshizzle
Starter Motor

Hello everyone,

My name is Hans and I'm new here and I drive a FG Xr6T. I hope to get to know everyone better, so far I find this forum a lot of information and help so good work. *thumbs up*

Thanks,
Hans
Hanshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #803
HSV587
yes i drive a HSV....

Default Hi all

Alright....as my username suggests,my daily drive is a VR HSV Clubsport,build number 587,has pacemakers,2.5 inch system,full suspension kit compromising of KMAC strut tops,rear camber kit,selbys front and rear swaybars,Konis,and king SSL springs.But......after selling my 1972 Ford Galaxie,Ive missed having a cleveland in the stable,so I now have two panelvans,A good 6cyl XC runner,and an extremly rusty 351 auto XB,was a very strong car back in the day,sidepipes,extractors,lumpy cam,780 holley,but was from a coastal area......too far gone,so all the running gear is goin into the XC van,and painting it lime glaze.......
HSV587 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #804
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV587
my daily drive is a VR HSV Clubsport
Commiserations my friend........Welcome to AFF.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #805
blublood
Starter Motor

hey gidday folks - 1st time in here other than a few posts earlier offering suggestions.
The bosses daily hack is a 98 Concorde and mine a cruiser. I have an old 351 XB tilly a P5 LTD [unfinished] and a 1 owner XC sedan to get a transplant of a 351 C4 and a 9er.
Stumbled on here today looking up concorde info.
Look ford to chatting with you all and helping where possible
blublood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 01:33 AM   #806
PIG-351

Default Hello all

Hello everyone

My name is Jeff & I'm a fan of the Falcon/Fairlane range from the classic era of the Windsor & Cleveland powered cars.

My current stable consists of a matching numbers Bronze/Beige trim, 351 4spd XE Falcon GL ex NSW Police Interceptor which is waiting on a bit of a tidy up & to be put back on the road.

I also have a MAJOR MAJOR restification work in progress which is a matching numbers Wild Plum/Parchment trim, 302 4spd XA Falcon 500 GS sedan. This will be my retirement project as I am only 37.... but I work VERY VERY slowly.

G'Day to you all & all the best from me.

Regards Jeff.
PIG-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #807
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome jeff make sure to put that xa in the build section so we can all see it breath some new life .
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #808
[X] C-M-F [X]
[X] C-M.F [X]

Just got added to the forum the other day, Loving it..
Really helpful
cheers
Old 25-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #809
Eleanor

Howdy all ! New to the forum after just having bought the newest car I've ever owned - a 1998 EL Fairmont Ghia. Never really been a fan of the newer Falcons but I'm slowly coming round I think!

My cars at present are as follows:

1973 ZF Fairlane 302/C4 - Stocker
1975 XB Fairmont Coupe (Project) 351/C6 and plenty of other go-fast gear in it...
1998 EL Fairmont Ghia 6cyl - The Everyday Car

1996 Toyota Hilux 4WD - For the dirt tracks the Fords don't go on!

For info on my EL Fairmont (esp fuel economy related) what are some of the better sections on AFF ?

Cheers Everyone!
Eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #810
AdzT3-146
own the road

Hey welcome.

theres a few different forums you could get info for your EL

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=15 - the 6cylinder forum
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=29 - post classic forum
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=64 - OzEcruisers general forum
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post