Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-01-2014, 06:11 AM   #811
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
You got a problem bro?
Are you asking or telling me?

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #812
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bloody plastics cupboard.......you know the one, all wives have them to store the "might come in handy one day" items, like the oblong tupperware cake containers that never get used and other assorted shaped thing's.

Anyway, I emptied the corner cabinet which was choko with this stuff all packed in neatly, "why did I empty it" I hear you say, glad you asked.....to tip the unit upside down to fit the new legs (see post involving european stoves being shorter than Australian kitchen carcasses).

Anyway I did the updates and I thought I would put it back for "she who can backhand faster than Roger Federer" .......You think I could get that stuff back in there.....no chance.

Chucked half in the bin and the cupboard is still full????, now I wait in fear in case "she who watches" spies what I have done.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #813
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
Bloody plastics cupboard.......you know the one, all wives have them to store the "might come in handy one day" items, like the oblong tupperware cake containers that never get used and other assorted shaped thing's.

Anyway, I emptied the corner cabinet which was choko with this stuff all packed in neatly, "why did I empty it" I hear you say, glad you asked.....to tip the unit upside down to fit the new legs (see post involving european stoves being shorter than Australian kitchen carcasses).

Anyway I did the updates and I thought I would put it back for "she who can backhand faster than Roger Federer" .......You think I could get that stuff back in there.....no chance.

Chucked half in the bin and the cupboard is still full????, now I wait in fear in case "she who watches" spies what I have done.
you know there were only 3 things in there that she is likely to use in the next 12 months, these 3 things are now in land fill, but when she finds out 1 is missing then the next, well I'm sorry but theres no coming back from that.

From now on in every "dsicussion" you threw out all her good tuppawear

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #814
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I fear you are correct mate......as you say no going back, rubbish truck has been and done the deed.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 20-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #815
MarkAW

I threatened SWMBO with cleaning out the plastics cupboard under the sink corner my way (bin everything) cause I couldn't find even a simple plastic container and its associated lid.

What did I get:

She cleaned up the cupboard, pairing all the containers with lids and ended up with half a dozen orphaned containers and lids. The cupboard is good but the damed orphaned containers have been sitting on the bench for months waiting for her to give them to somebody - who would want them I'm blowed if I know but they still sit there.

One night I think they might get plastic napped.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #816
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAW View Post
I threatened SWMBO with cleaning out the plastics cupboard under the sink corner my way (bin everything) cause I couldn't find even a simple plastic container and its associated lid.

What did I get:

She cleaned up the cupboard, pairing all the containers with lids and ended up with half a dozen orphaned containers and lids. The cupboard is good but the damed orphaned containers have been sitting on the bench for months waiting for her to give them to somebody - who would want them I'm blowed if I know but they still sit there.

Ohh that sounds soooo familiar
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #817
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

What did I get:

Tuppawear is fantastic for storing odd nuts n bolts in the shed.

Personally I think tuppawear is little more than over priced ice cream containers, and the stuff doesn't even come with Neapolitan ice cream in it

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #818
GT2

Use of the word "Turbo" in marketing.
Fridges have turbo cooling, vacuum cleaners with turbo suction, and now Easy Off Bam has a turbo cleaning formula.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #819
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:

What did I get:

There's a two door cupboard in my kitchen that's totally chock full of homeless lids - more than I could imagine for the Tupperware bowls I have. cbf'd finding the right lids for the bowls. Glad wrap is king!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 12:28 AM   #820
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2 View Post
Use of the word "Turbo" in marketing.
Fridges have turbo cooling, vacuum cleaners with turbo suction, and now Easy Off Bam has a turbo cleaning formula.
You can add the phrase 'world famous' to that. Today I saw the world famous egg test to show how non stick a frying pan was, then there is the world famous suction test and the world famous soup recipe from the world famous 7 day diet where you lose 15kg in a week.

I can't believe the rubbish people are subjected to during daytime TV!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #821
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and don't forget the rubbish on night-time TV
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #822
MarkAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
Tuppawear is fantastic for storing odd nuts n bolts in the shed.

Personally I think tuppawear is little more than over priced ice cream containers, and the stuff doesn't even come with Neapolitan ice cream in it
SWMBO works as a dog groomer at a vet clinic and brings home green and yellow plastic containers that canine antibiotics are purchased/stored in. They are the size of a house brick with an attached lid. They are the best for storing stuff in the garage - I have hundreds of the green and yellow boxes. Its also good as they are being recycled, same as the peanut butter jars (the label is a barstard to remove).
Old 21-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #823
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You know what I really hate?
Working on an old motorbike engine, and doing up a small diameter finely threaded bolt into an alloy engine case, thinking "You know, just a little bit more will do it...".

And then hearing a click.
And then having the spanner go loose in your hand.
And watching the bolt head fall off with the socket.

I'm off to the shed again now that the steam has finished coming out of my ears...I have to find the Easy-Outs and a suitable sized drill bit...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2014, 11:06 AM   #824
chriso89

when you go to maccas, and you place your breaky order, and they ask "would you like an extra hash brown for a dollar' and normally you say no.
But this time you say yes and you get your order and drive off having paid the extra dollar, only to find that the eleventeen yr old that served you forgot to put in the extra hash brown.

or you order hotcakes from the drive through and they forget to put the maple syrup in the bag.

hahahah such petty stuff.

really grinds my gears.
Vertini magic Concaves 19x8.5 fronts 19x9.5 rears.
PW S1 cooler kit, Plazmaman T/Side intake+Battery Relocate, 4" Exhaust, Injectors, V-Springs, eBoost2, custom tune + ZF Tune.
-------------------------
-PREVIOUS-
N/A 2010 FG XR6 ute in EGO.
Atomic Stage 4 Cams + Valve Springs.
Full XFORCE 2.5" Exhaust.
Full Custom Tune - 167.2 RWKW
chriso89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #825
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

S.I.L. & B.I.L. came up last night, ....yeah! great timing, I snapped four screws off inside the carcass that hold the last bench top in place and whilst I was trying to remove them with a pair of pliers I pinched my finger drawing blood and leaving a large painful throbbing blood blister that gets hit everytime I make a move..

then to top it off I mismatched the last cut on the new bench top (read not a good day).

madam (S.I.L.), who is into "self help" and reads all the literature and watches all the dvd's, said to me "I see you are a little bit angry today"......

me "yep!, could say that"

her "you do realise that happiness is a choice that we all make"

me "a choice"

her "oh yes we choose to be happy or sad, everything in life is a choice"

a lot of things I could have said but I "chose" not to.........she who would be the possessor of all things costly, came alongside and said ........"well done dear, they will go soon".

not being able to say exactly what I felt........I REALLY hate that..........I'd give her and her bloody book's a choice.

4 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #826
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

trying to replace a tyre from the ride on mower, all on your own with no help and lately l really dislike failing so there l was till around 9pm last night finishing the hard part but oh wait there's more!!! how the bloody hell do you inflate said tyre when there are tonnes of air gaps?!!! that is the question some said try using fire to seal it l said "do l look like an idiot?" others said "put it out in the sun, hot air expands" and l said "no l'm going to mow the lawns tomorrow and that'll take six months!" and then l came to the realisation that l'd have to take it to the tyre shop, and admit to defeat against the stupid tyre!!!

Geez!! I Hate That!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #827
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

lol
ive done exactly the same
puncture on the back fatter tyre
tried for half hr to see how it came off with no success what so ever
ended up having to pay 30 odd bucks a the mower joint
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #828
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

l've got work-out with my Trainer today do you think anyone left something good for brekky?
nope no porridge left no eggs, bacon or sausages and the bleeding numb nuts know l need a good feed today, and to top it off mum won't let me eat meat on friday!!! looks like l'll be purchasing something substantial on the way to work out today.

GEEZ I HATE THAT!!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #829
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Going to the post office with a parcel to pay for a neat, single postage sticker of $6.95.

Nope... we need to dispose of the leftover Chrissy stamps so she slaps 11x55c stamps then prints out the postage sticker for the balance.

Looked ridiculous!

Old 28-01-2014, 11:56 PM   #830
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Going to the post office with a parcel to pay for a neat, single postage sticker of $6.95.

Nope... we need to dispose of the leftover Chrissy stamps so she slaps 11x55c stamps then prints out the postage sticker for the balance.

Looked ridiculous!
Would've been better balanced with an even dozen, and a smaller balance on the postage sticker......
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #831
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Ordering a bunch of books. All by the same author. The entire previous trilogy she'd written, and the first two in her current saga.
I received the second book in the current saga today. Still waiting on the rest. I have nothing to read. And I'm going on a business trip tomorrow. *shakes fist*
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #832
MarkAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Ordering a bunch of books. All by the same author. The entire previous trilogy she'd written, and the first two in her current saga.
I received the second book in the current saga today. Still waiting on the rest. I have nothing to read. And I'm going on a business trip tomorrow. *shakes fist*
Buy an iPad, a Kindle and cheap whatever and get into online books. With Kindle which I use predominantly there is no waiting other than for the next in the series to be written. The best part is I no longer wipe out so many trees to satisfy my constant need to read.
Old 29-01-2014, 01:40 PM   #833
Lotte

Quote:
Buy an iPad, a Kindle and cheap whatever and get into online books. With Kindle which I use predominantly there is no waiting other than for the next in the series to be written. The best part is I no longer wipe out so many trees to satisfy my constant need to read.
Nah. If that was something I wanted to do I would have already. Hate reading books on my iPad, and don't want s kindle. Nothing beats the smell of books.

3 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #834
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gotta agree with MarkAW......we bought 2 kindle fires, wife had the "standard" kindle for a while and loved it, the new fire is so far ahead of books it's not funny.

last count I had 73......wife has got over 100.......guess who has the paypal deducted from their bank account? so therefore pays for all the books.

however dealing with Telstra over a "T" box foxtel bundle upgrade is getting waaaaay beyond a joke.

I don't watch the idiot box so I simply told them to either speak to the boss about it or forget it, but the bloody phone calls keep coming from "jeremy" who has a very heavy indian or pakistany accent.......the buggers know just when I have my hands full or covered in grease.

Old 29-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #835
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Clothes that shrink 2 sizes after their first wash...

3 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #836
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
I love this thread so much here is a summary of topics so far
- four breasted cyclists -
Cheers to all for an enjoyable thread - Vincenzo

hahahaha..... where do they get their bras?

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #837
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Clothes that shrink 2 sizes after their first wash...
clothes that STINK after 4 washes, we have a pair of jeans here that absolutely reek!

something in the dye process I guess.

Old 30-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #838
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

***-wipe companies

the Holden Driver was summarily informed by his boss late wednesday afternoon that his presence would be required for a 14 day schmooze with their product distributors in NZ - leaving this Sunday lunchtime - a notice of less than 4 days.

The Holden driver has important personal commitments during this time, including attending my nieces wedding (accomodation booked & paid) - he was kindly told he could come back for the wedding if he really had to, but would need to fly back to NZ for a further 3 days, and these flights would be at his own expense.

I am seething at their poor attitude. He also doesnt want to go as his own stuff is pretty important.

CHH - you are the biggest scum in the known universe.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #839
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
clothes that STINK after 4 washes, we have a pair of jeans here that absolutely reek!

something in the dye process I guess.
Quarter cup of vinegar and a good dose of bicarbonate soda in the next wash. I've never had a smell I can't lift with that and I live with a menagerie in the house

Old 31-01-2014, 01:01 AM   #840
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkgirl View Post
hahahaha..... where do they get their bras?
OK smarty pants, thats one deliberate mistake picked up and if you don't believe that then I claim dyslexic fingers

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post