Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #841
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotte View Post
Quarter cup of vinegar and a good dose of bicarbonate soda in the next wash. I've never had a smell I can't lift with that and I live with a menagerie in the house
tried that.......well vinegar without the bi-carb anyway, what I neglected to say in my original post was that the jeans are new, never worn, the smell is something to do with the dye the Chinese use but I couldn't shift is so I put them in the salvo's bin.

these jeans were purchased from a large "fashion" retailer at a cost of $135.00 so someone will get a bargain.

this chemical smell lessened but stayed after a total of 4 washes not counting the 2 washes in vinegar and a large amount of disinfectant.

the 3 year old behind the counter told me I couldn't return them because they had been washed even though at that point they hadn't ......made me smile........if they are that desperate for money then they can keep it, but future sales to us are gone.......more sales lost to online shopping.

I gave my daughter in law the $135 and told her the girl returned her money so she's happy.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #842
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Wow. That's terrible, for so many reasons. Gotta love "fashion" stores these days...
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2014, 01:29 PM   #843
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Wow. That's terrible, for so many reasons. Gotta love retail stores these days...
Fixed and for the wrong reasons.

Retailers expect us to spend our hard earned here yet when someone goes awry with the product, wipe our hands clean despite the Consumer Law Act.

Geez I hate retailers.
Old 31-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #844
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To even things up a bit on the retailer/installer side of folks,

I am sick of playing "fiddler on the roof" with our air-con (braemar RPA 5) pad's filling slide down leaving gaps that let hot air in and the pad frames are buggered, plastic deteriorating (new pads and surrounds close to $1,000.00 for a set of 3).

I enquired as to new pads and new aluminium frames, told me they were close to a thousand I said "oh my!" or words to that effect, the unit is 30 year old.... he said that he could place a new head unit and control box for a bit more than that but not much more.

so anyway we got talking and he is going to replace my head unit and controller for under $2,000, I've looked on line and this price for a braemar 450 is pretty damn good......this includes installation as well as supply......top bloke as well.

I told him we would wait until it got cooler and he can come when he's ready.......too bloody hot up on the roof now, 43 or something today and not looking like cooling down until next week someone said.

now THAT I really hate.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 31-01-2014, 02:04 PM   #845
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
tried that.......well vinegar without the bi-carb anyway, what I neglected to say in my original post was that the jeans are new, never worn, the smell is something to do with the dye the Chinese use but I couldn't shift is so I put them in the salvo's bin.

these jeans were purchased from a large "fashion" retailer at a cost of $135.00 so someone will get a bargain.

this chemical smell lessened but stayed after a total of 4 washes not counting the 2 washes in vinegar and a large amount of disinfectant.

the 3 year old behind the counter told me I couldn't return them because they had been washed even though at that point they hadn't ......made me smile........if they are that desperate for money then they can keep it, but future sales to us are gone.......more sales lost to online shopping.

I gave my daughter in law the $135 and told her the girl returned her money so she's happy.
You never struck me as a pants sniffer poppa! ;)

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #846
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
You never struck me as a pants sniffer poppa! ;)

Cheers!
what can I say....I'm simply a man of many talent's..........

This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #847
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Getting excited about a new TV station starting up free to air - only to find it's another god damn infomercial station!! 6 of them now all flogging ab twisters and cookware. What a waste of airtime. Grrrrrrrrr.........

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #848
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^^^^ +1 ... I'm sick of skipping thru them on the remote. Thinking of manually deleting them from the channel list.

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #849
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

I'm sick of the same ******* fast n loud ad and chasing classic cars ad and that stupid fifth gear ad where the car does the jump in slo motion with that big mouthed chick driving
do we really need to see those ads every ******* commercial break?
We're watching the channel the shows air on ffs so we know what they are and when they are on
I don't need to be reminded 38 times in the space of 3 bloody hrs for Christ sake!!!!!

/rant
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #850
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Driving 900km round trip, to view a mainline ute. Just needs a tidy up....
Pics were 10 years old.

Clear coat gone, rust showing through, bog cracked.

7 months rego included....who is the dodgy bastard who passed it when the engine conversion was done, and kept passing it every year since...

Wants top dollar...I wouldn't even accept it as a gift.

Geez I hate that.

(Its a blue one in Raleigh)
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:58 PM   #851
Lotte

Sanding back paint on your project only to find some genius had put bog over the rust; leaving the rust to spread all through the sill.

Geez I hate that

Old 03-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #852
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sanding back paint on your project only to find some genius had put bog over the rust; leaving the rust to spread all through the sill.

Geez I hate that
talking about a painting project, a painter I know fell through the roof of a house.....some smarty pants painted over a fibreglass skylight, he stepped on it and went straight through.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #853
DreadlyST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post
I'm sick of the same ******* fast n loud ad and chasing classic cars ad and that stupid fifth gear ad where the car does the jump in slo motion with that big mouthed chick driving
We're watching the channel the shows air on ffs so we know what they are and when they are on
I don't need to be reminded 38 times in the space of 3 bloody hrs for Christ sake!!!!!

/rant
100% agree with ya there buddy, I think Disc Turbo is the biggest culprit for it too. I hate seeing an add for a show while your watching that exact show.
How about the add for Turn & Burn, which btw is a load of rubbish compared to Fast N Loud. In the add, the main dude, brother J.D(ouche) states "I flip cars for cold hard cash" next sentence, "somebody's gonna bring out the cheque book" annoys me every time I see it.
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #854
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurySilver View Post

/rant
I'm with you on this. The other night I got the stopwatch out, every 11 minutes of programme viewing was followed with 4 minutes of commercials. I usually do a bit of channel surfing while the commercials play, but guess what - somehow nearly all the different channels seem to run their ads at precisely the same time....
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #855
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Products designed to catch the unwary into having to spend 5x the purchase price to actually get anything more than a cursory use out of the item in question.

Case in point 1: Skylanders video game. Costs you $70 to buy but if the kids want to play past the first few levels you have to keep buying new characters and upgrades to get the full value out of it, and no, I didn't buy it for them.

Case in point 2: Bestway Fast-Set pools. You know, the ones you get from K Mart. $60 with a filter that turns out to be completely inadequate for the job of keeping the water clean. The instructions say to clean the filter at the end of the day but if you don't do it every hour it's already blocked and not working. And how do you get the sediment off the bottom of the pool at the end of the day? Ok ,I'll have get the vacuum accessory kit; but wait, the totally inadequate pump doesn't have the the power to draw any water through the vacuum hose and head. "Sorry sir, that pump isn't compatible with the vacuum accessory, you need to have at least an 800 gals/hr pump for the vacuum to work". That's 2 sizes bigger than the piddling pump they supply and $120 later, but it doesn't tell you that anywhere in any of the literature or on the web site. Yes I did buy a pool and yes, my cheap $60 investment will end up costing me nearer to $400 than $200 once pool chemicals, accessories and a bigger pump are factored in. Thank you Bestway, you got me, but you can be sure that I'm going to be spreading the good word far and wide about your top shelf product and customer service.

I really hate that.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 11:00 AM   #856
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
I'm with you on this. The other night I got the stopwatch out, every 11 minutes of programme viewing was followed with 4 minutes of commercials. I usually do a bit of channel surfing while the commercials play, but guess what - somehow nearly all the different channels seem to run their ads at precisely the same time....
ive decided to series link everything on the iq box then i can sit down once a week adn skip those pesky ads
(only watch fast n loud, wheeler dealers and chasing classic cars)
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #857
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Going to a shopping centre you don't frequent and finding that all those glass display panels that used to have store directories and a map of the levels have been replaced with advertisments.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #858
Spurious

Quote:
gotta agree with MarkAW......we bought 2 kindle fires, wife had the "standard" kindle for a while and loved it, the new fire is so far ahead of books it's not funny.

last count I had 73......wife has got over 100.......guess who has the paypal deducted from their bank account? so therefore pays for all the books.

however dealing with Telstra over a "T" box foxtel bundle upgrade is getting waaaaay beyond a joke.

I don't watch the idiot box so I simply told them to either speak to the boss about it or forget it, but the bloody phone calls keep coming from "jeremy" who has a very heavy indian or pakistany accent.......the buggers know just when I have my hands full or covered in grease.
STOP USING TELSTRA!!!
They are the dopiest corporation this side of new Zealand. I've had Foxtel & Telstra prepaid phones & their service stinks on all fronts.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 01:19 PM   #859
Spurious

Spending $100 on fibreglass resin & matting to repair a leak on the boat....WHEN THERE WAS NO LEAK!!!-(he realizes after 7 hours & 3 separate days of work glassing the keel that the water in the bottom was just spray from the bow landing in the cockpit!!!)
2 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #860
Spurious

Going to use the new boat launching pontoon & having to fight off the rod & beer holders using it to fish off!
The sign clearly says "NO FISHING FROM PONTOON". "DAH"!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #861
MarkAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
What really sucks is that they're sufficiently capable to coincide their ads with all the other stations yet they can't manage to produce a TV programme (in either print or electronic format) which matches what your actually looking at. Every time I set the PVR I have to pad out the record times cause I just know I will miss the end of the show and see who did what to whoever.
MarkAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #862
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it was found out by TV advertising gurus that the remote was the biggest enemy of the advertiser and it's revenue.

this is why all stations are "synced" and we get simultaneous adverts on all stations.

the tv programs have merely become a vehicle to carry the advertising dollar, content doesn't matter any more, however ratings do, if we, as a viewer, watch the drivel then drivel is what we will get.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #863
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Sitting on the train yesterday and two guys were making annoying noises, but thats not the part I hate, honestly didnt even notice until the below happened.

The part I hated was a young "woman" (I use that term loosely because she probably had the mentality of a 16 year old but was in her mid 20's) taking a photo of them and proudly boasting to everyone else in the train that if they loved the attention so much that she was going to post their photo on her Instagram.

Are you effin serious? Thats the way you're "gonna get them back"?

Geez I hate everyone younger than me.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #864
Lotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe View Post
Instagram.
I hate thisapp with a passion. And anybody who links it with the facebook, twitter, myspace, twitfacespace account.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #865
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Centrelink period.

Get a letter from them stating I must provide evidence of an employment services provider. (I've been on and off the rock n roll sporadically for 2 years)

I reply that I've already got one, provide docs to that effect. CRS Australia (Disability Employment Services)

Centrelink reply with a letter that I must attend Sarina Russo (placement agency) for job assessment appointment.

I attend said meeting with Sarina Russo. They inform me that they don't accommodate for people with disabilities, and that I could inform Centrelink at my appointment with them in 2 hours time. I had no idea that I had an appointment with Centrelink on the day as I hadn't been notified of such. While I was at the meeting with Russo's the lady made me an appointment with CRS (disability services provider) for the following day.

I get to Centrelink for the rushed appointment only to find out that the system was down and they were just striking attendees off the list - we'll make you another appointment. fmd, my patience was running really ****ing thin by now.

Cooled my heels and went to the appointment with CRS the following day. Nope, Centrelink hadn't approved the visit. Null and void.

Nuff said - feel my pain!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #866
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlivverFord View Post
Spending $100 on fibreglass resin & matting to repair a leak on the boat....WHEN THERE WAS NO LEAK!!!-(he realizes after 7 hours & 3 separate days of work glassing the keel that the water in the bottom was just spray from the bow landing in the cockpit!!!)
It's not just me then

In my case it was a damaged side window, that was leaking when you had it right over its only that I was down inside while she was leaning over and I saw it leak, I revealed the window and bam problem solved

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #867
Spudz27
Call me Spud

I hate needing a second car, finding said second car, but because you were made redundant and could not pay your car loan for 4months, but are now up to date, it still means you can't get a loan.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #868
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
it was found out by TV advertising gurus that the remote was the biggest enemy of the advertiser and it's revenue.

this is why all stations are "synced" and we get simultaneous adverts on all stations.

the tv programs have merely become a vehicle to carry the advertising dollar, content doesn't matter any more, however ratings do, if we, as a viewer, watch the drivel then drivel is what we will get.
Thats why I download TV series online where someone has removed all the ads for me, its the way to go.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #869
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudz27 View Post
I hate needing a second car, finding said second car, but because you were made redundant and could not pay your car loan for 4months, but are now up to date, it still means you can't get a loan.
Yep, some places will default you as soon as you miss a scheduled payment and it stays even after the debt has been paid in full.

Because you have just applied for a loan and been denied, you can request from Veda your credit file for free, you just need to complete the form they ask and provide some ID, 10 business days later you'll have your file.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #870
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Thats why I download TV series online where someone has removed all the ads for me, its the way to go.
ad's and drivel is why I don't watch tv, merely the news......so much brain killing rubbish on the idiot box now.

bloody iPhone's......had an "update" to IOS 7 while we were in Echuca, hasn't worked right since, then the battery died and wouldn't hold charge.

sent it to be repaired and when it came back we couldn't get WI-Fi to work, googled the problem and found it was common.

back in for repairs again now, took 3 weeks last time.

why can't a phone just be content with being a bloody phone...........