Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #61
Duke
The Duke

Fun turns REAL ugly REAL quick when folks get caught.

It's a lesson I should have learned many years ago - but I didn't - Sometimes I've been caught - sometimes I haven't.

Fantastic memories - terrific stories - sometimes I just sit and think about what I've done - and SMILE !
Old 22-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #62
MrEL
Sick Puppy

It is all fair game if you dont know the respective other half.
Old 22-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #63
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Knowing the other half and counting them as mates are two different things...especially in the smaller towns. Sounds bad but there it is.
On the other hand, things like this are a very good reason to closely examine and possibly reduce your list of mates. The bonus is it allows you to spend more time with the ones who deserve your company.
IMO a true mate would knock back any approach by another mates mrs and even let him know. Likewise, a true mrs would knock back any advances from the BF's 'mates' and let him know. Anything less is untrustworhty to some degree.

And yeah Duke, this is one block I've been around too.

BA GT-P Blueprint
Old 22-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #64
BFYOOT

problem is mate, even if you do stay with her, you will never trust her fully again. every message she gets, you'll be wondering who it is. even if future messages are innocent, they never will be in your mind. get out while you can........
Old 22-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #65
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure if this has been mentioned but one thing Ive noticed girls will often do once sprung for doing the wrong thing is they turn the water works on and try come up with some bogus thing that YOU have done wrong to make you look like the bad one and get the attention off her, and if they know you are easily manipulated they will not stop until you run off with your tail between your legs. Im not saying this is going on but just beware of this behaviour and make sure she gets it (if proven guilty). Both larry and your GF have no respect and people that dont have respect dont deserve anyones time of day, provided they are guilty P!ss both of them off. It might take a while to get over things but in the long run you will be very happy with your self and you will be stronger after everything. And just remember mate these sort of shenanigans happens to everyone so dont ever feel alone
Old 22-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #66
Ringo
I see you....

What is harder to replace - your mate or your girlfriend?

Tell Larry she has warts.....who cares if its true...but he'll think your a top mate for saving him from getting them.

Get a copy of "solitary man" by Neil Diamond and a bottle of bourbon and make friends with your couch.

Good luck man.....there are gems out there...she just isn't one
Old 22-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #67
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Hmm, what about pretending you're Larry and sending her a naughty text message...of course making sure caller ID is off...

If it turns out she is having it off with Larry, tell her to meet you somewhere and when she turns up, end the relationship then & there in style.

BUT there is a chance it could backfire if they really are just good friend's and you're being paranoid. :togo:

My guess is she is most likely playing around...but I hope I'm wrong.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 22-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #68
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
How is it worse for her to let him crack onto her? Mates shouldn't pull acts like that, neither is worse then the other. The only time it is ok to make a move on a bird that is taken is if you don't know her other half.
She's seeing 2 guys (it appears) and both guys only want one. She's cheating on her partner, the others aren't. If a guy did similar (two timing) then he'd be dirt. If she wants "Larry", she should ditch one and keep the other, not string 2 guys along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Tell Larry she has warts.....who cares if its true...but he'll think your a top mate for saving him from getting them.
Just hand him a tube of ointment or something and say he might need it.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 22-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #69
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Just been through a very similar thing myself...
Got drunk with him, started talking about the ''good old days'' so he thought we were best mates etc...

Then women... asked what he thought of the missus, and he said they dont talk much etc...
Thats when i knew...

Moral of the rant:
Guys love telling stories and when theyre drunk and 'feel' safe, they trip up and forget what they have already told you...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 23-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #70
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

What's that 70's song by Dr Hook I think?
"If you're in love with a beautiful woman, you gotta watch your friends"
It was true is the 70's and still true now.

But don't hit your mate, it may not be entirely his fault and it won't make you feel better about it all.

Confront them and say you just want some honesty, if they confirm your suspicions, get up and walk away and never have contact with either of them ever again. They're relationship will be doomed after that, once a cheater always a cheater.

Although it may be hard to believe now, you will recover from this and hopefully meet a girl who will deserve your trust and love.

Anyway, I hope you get this sorted one way or another, as being unsure is painful.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Old 23-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #71
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
Hmm, what about pretending you're Larry and sending her a naughty text message...of course making sure caller ID is off...

If it turns out she is having it off with Larry, tell her to meet you somewhere and when she turns up, end the relationship then & there in style.

BUT there is a chance it could backfire if they really are just good friend's and you're being paranoid. :togo:

My guess is she is most likely playing around...but I hope I'm wrong.
wont work bud.. you cant hide your # when texting.. Only when you make an actual call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 23-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #72
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

You know...this thread is an eye opener into how guys think! As a woman...I find all the comments so intreging....WOW! Let's hope I never have to go through the whole...is hubby cheating or not!!

Cheers guys for the enlightenment into the whole "textual" bit

Best watch my sms!!!

Col
Old 23-02-2008, 01:13 AM   #73
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

I saw this movie once, had the following conversation..
"dude, dump her. but, before you do, **** her like a $2 , do the freakiest ever to that , then, just before the money shot, call her another chicks name"

:hihi:
Old 23-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #74
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Stuff like that makes me ashamed to be a female sometimes.

We're not all like that though!! You'll find a much better girl than her!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 23-02-2008, 01:20 AM   #75
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
and a better mate too
Old 23-02-2008, 01:29 AM   #76
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly hope it doesnt come to this, and if it does i feel for you mate. Been there myself :.
If you find out larry has been doing the dirty than lay him the $%^* out. Then dump your missus in style. If stuff has been going on between them under your nose than they dont deserve you at all, and should go get %$$^^& for all you should care. If you really love her i hope she feels the same about you and it was all just a big misunderstanding, but form here it certainly doesnt look good.
Old 23-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #77
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Stuff like that makes me ashamed to be a female sometimes.

Agreed! We are all not like that!!! Flattery is a girls best friend....wish someone would flatter me!!!
Old 23-02-2008, 03:13 AM   #78
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

I do have advice on what you can do in this situation, but it may not make sense to you.

But here's the advice on how to prevent it in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Now, I knew that my girlfriend and larry started becoming pretty good friends,
Next time you will know that there is no such thing as "friends" between you partner and your own brother let alone a mate.

Troppo I like your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo
Knowing the other half and counting them as mates are two different things...especially in the smaller towns. Sounds bad but there it is.
On the other hand, things like this are a very good reason to closely examine and possibly reduce your list of mates. The bonus is it allows you to spend more time with the ones who deserve your company.
Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troppo
IMO a true mate would knock back any approach by another mates mrs and even let him know. Likewise, a true mrs would knock back any advances from the BF's 'mates' and let him know. Anything less is untrustworhty to some degree.
And spot on. In fact, my mates and I avoid any communication with each other's partners for the above reason(s).
Old 23-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #79
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Agreed! We are all not like that!!! Flattery is a girls best friend....wish someone would flatter me!!!
Your still online at 2am, go wake up the old boy, he might 'flatter' you!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 23-02-2008, 03:23 AM   #80
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661
Well.......

Just had a phone call from a very upset girlfriend...As in sad upset...

She said she was just trying to organise drinks and stuff on the weekend and was organising to get me a gold necklace as a suprise for me...And larry had been asking her about another chick, and what to do cause he likes her....

And the way she was on the phone...I'm pretty sure it's legitimate.

Boy do I feel like an .
Mate, I know you want to believe her, but that sounds like total BS to me!

I went through a similar thing early in the relationship with my wife, we were both 18, she was a bit naive, and my "best mate" had it in for me because he thought I had a hand in breaking his last gf and him up (She was a very good friend of mine before they started dating, I introduced them, then the guy went all funny on her, started pushing her away, I spent a lot of time talking to her, trying to convince her to sit it out with him, as he had other stuff going on in his life at that time, he thought I was trying to convince her to dump him and go out with me). Anyway, so the guy lavishes attention on my missus, they sneak around behind my back doing stuff that were date-type situations (movies etc...) without me knowing... I ended up catching them purely by chance, rocked up unannounced at her place one night to find him having dinner with her family after telling me he'd met a girl and was taking her out... Long story short, he got hospitalised, I very nearly went to jail (luckily his parents liked me and saw it for the dog-act that it was and talked him out of pressing charges). I gave my missus an ultimatum, me or him, and it turned out she had no feelings for him whatsoever, she just liked the attention... So she chose me... It took nearly a year for her to gain my trust again, and I am the first to admit I still get paranoid at times, but the bottom line was, she could have had him, and she chose me.

So my advise is simple... Sit her down, talk to her, tell her that it's gotten to the stage where you can't take the BS anymore, she needs to make a decision, if there's nothing there, it'll be an easy one, if there is something there, she'll need time to think... If she needs time to think, then so do you! Decide whether you can trust her again, as obviously she was at least having feelings for another bloke, because if she didn't, she'd kick him to curb straight away... Decide if she's worth it, if she is and you think you can trust her again, and she comes back to you, take her back... If you decide she's not worth it or you can't trust her, get some of your own back, and don't tell her that until she makes her decision, if she chooses Larry, you know you made the right choice, if she chooses you, and you've decided to get rid of her, you've got the added satisfaction of telling Larry that she begged to stay with you, as well as dumping the "female dog".

One thing I will say for you though, that I don't think you have a choice on, is DO NOT use violence, you do stupid thing when you're angry, I took to my ex-friend with a baseball bat and got myself arrested for GBH, I tell you mate, I've never been as scared in my whole life, for 5 mins rage I nearly went away for 5 years... It wouldn't have been worth it!

Either way, no matter what your history with Larry, him off, you don't need mates who sneak around with your girlfriends, people like him are nothing but trouble!
Old 23-02-2008, 10:19 AM   #81
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

One thing that 5tumpy has raised and that I would also like to point out is that a lot of the time girls love the attention and don't neccesarily know they are being cracked on to.

I have had issues where guys have been texting my mrs etc. and my mrs thinks they are just being "friends". Now I know that the only time a guy is interested in what a girl has to say when he is not going out with her is because he wants some.

The mistake I made was that I got angry with my mrs about the texting and all this did was push them closer together but lucky he blurted everything out too soon. What helps most is if your ripped and then you can throw on a singlet and confront them face to face or if you have good mates than a car full of blokes with baseball bats should do the trick.

I have had a mate get too close to my mrs and me and a few mates spend the rest of the night punching him the wedding tackle every five minutes every time he forgot to block himself and picking him up and dropping him. Kinda makes the message clear without resorting to a fist fight and plus it shows the mrs who the alpha male is.

But really violence is probably not the best thing. Imagine how peeved you are if your in jail and your ex is with your mate on the outside.

Do you have any hot girl friends?? The kind that would make your mrs self conscious?? Become really good friends with thema and text and talk with them all the time and see how that pans out.
Old 23-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #82
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Come here darling, I'll flatten you...

Oh sorry, I read that wrong....
Old 23-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #83
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Well guys,

Here is how It went down.

Rang them both up, and said alright, we are gonna go bowling tonight and have a few drinks...Invited another friend as well.

We were all there, had a chat with them, asked them what the go was. Larry said that he was just talking to her about this chick he likes because my girlfriend knows her pretty well or something, so he was getting advice from her. He also said about the necklace thing, etc but seemed a bit weird about the whole thing. My girlfriend kept with the same story of the suprise, drinks & advice for larry.

Now the weird part is, somehow the going price for having suspision (with due cause I might add) is to have it all turned around back on myself. Saying that I should apologise to Larry and it was wrong of me, etc etc. To which I said, anyone in my position would have felt the same way, it's human nature, call it a hunch call it whatever, I know something is going on. And apprently I'm not a very good mate either cause I suspected him. Also, I asked the advice of another mate, Travis, who then blatently told larry that I had twigged something was going on.

SO last night didn't really get me too far. And to say the least, me and my baby made a very impressive exit departing the bowling alley. Managed to throw the car across both lanes of the road sideways in a huge trail of smoke. Made me feel better.

I'm seeing the missus at 2ish, and we have both agreed we are going to sort this crap out. The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is being genuine about the whole thing and it seems to me that Larry is the cause here...I could be wrong though.

I'd just end it all kind of thing, but I really can't just drop these things without knowing the full story. I'll see it right through.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
Old 23-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #84
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Mate....grab the phone and read the damn messages! Your gettin burnt....period. Textin about one of her friends?...come on. Maybe 5 or 10 texts, but heaps like youve pointed out........ding ding ding punch on! ing_sm Go in hard son!

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Old 23-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #85
scoupedy

I would straight out ask larry why he is texting your GF non stop, do it in front of your GF when she tries to defend him tell her she's dumped and then tell larry he can off too if he is more interested in your GF then see what they say.
Old 23-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #86
Bobman
Regulator

Hey mate.

There really is no reason for her to be turning her phone away or using excuses to say who it is. Not even if this supposed story of 'Larry' liking one of her friends. It's too far-fetched. This is the behaviour of people who are hiding something negative from you.

You sound like a top guy, so you'd probably be better off without them both (as has been said in here). Don't let her walk over you.

After 10 months and this happening, the chances of her doing similar things again are quite possible.

Genuine girls are hard to find, but I'm lucky I've got mine. Experiences in the past, like what you're going through has made me convert some friendships to acquaintances and things are better off that way. I hang out with her group of friends rather than she hang out with mine. Works well.

Good luck.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Old 23-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #87
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grab the phone and read those damn messages.
Old 23-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #88
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

I went through something the same as this a few years back with an ex mrs... we were having a bit of trouble at the time and a so called "mate" started talking to her and trying to console her... she bought into it and before I knew it he was all in for her. Eventually though, she and I worked out what was going on and told him to get well and truly F%^*$d... didn't come to blows, but at least I don't see him any more. Wiped like a dirty Ar$e.
All I'll say is trust your gut instinct mate, if one part doesn't add up, cut the cord. Whether it be that you think he's the one making the moves, or her, or both of them, get a feeling for what the truth is and act on it. Don't live in suspiscion and misery over it. (I know it's hard when you obviously love her as you seem to, but if she's going to do this to you then she ain't worth it.)
Old 23-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #89
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Next time you see the GF, ask to see the messages from Larry - right then and there. If all this stuff going on is giving advice and organising a surprise, then she'll show you the messages from him as she has nothing to hide. If it's more than that, it's likely she will flat out refuse. If she wants your trust - this is one way of getting it.

If she won't show you the messages, then you'll continue wondering if something is going on and you're heading down a road to Splitsville.

If she was giving advice to Larry about a girl - when she was texting him in your presence, she would have said "It's Larry, he's interested in my friend and I'm helping him out."
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 23-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #90
Shaggzy
"BMX_datto"

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
I saw this movie once, had the following conversation..
"dude, dump her. but, before you do, **** her like a $2 , do the freakiest ever to that , then, just before the money shot, call her another chicks name"

:hihi:
That is gold im going to remember that incase i ever need to use it.

Hope everything works out for you mate iv been through the same but it worked out all good in the end!!