Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #61
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Vfacts July 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
so much care about what someone else buys!

i have never looked at a car in traffic and cared about why the person picked it.
Really...I do but only when it's a Ssangyong Stavic...I sometimes look for the assistance dog in the back.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2022, 04:22 PM   #62
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Really...I do but only when it's a Ssangyong Stavic...I sometimes look for the assistance dog in the back.
Any Ssangyong really.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2022, 12:03 PM   #63
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
So having said that, I sort of laugh at the idea of "tradie's" using dual cab utes for "work". Nearly every one with a tradie behind the wheel is towing a tailer behind to carry all of the tools because the trays on them are useless for work.

A useless dual cab tub can't do this! -
It can if it's one of those longer wheelbase dual cab's with the single cab tub that was photographed recently. Not sure if they are US market only or not though. Time will tell.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 08:38 PM   #64
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It can if it's one of those longer wheelbase dual cab's with the single cab tub that was photographed recently. Not sure if they are US market only or not though. Time will tell.
Was that a crew cab with a longer tub from Super cab?

Perhaps Super Cab could get the single cab’s 8 foot tub….
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2022, 09:41 PM   #65
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was it this?

https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...-extended-tray
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #66
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post

Dual cab with tray from a single cab, and wheelbase stretched to suit.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
That's it.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:18 PM   #68
hayseed

Quote:

LDV sell an Extended Wheelbase version of the T60 with a longer Tub.. I think It's called a Mega Tub..
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2022, 03:13 PM   #69
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Dual cab with tray from a single cab, and wheelbase stretched to suit.
Check again, that’s not a single cab tub…..the length to the rear wheel arch is too short.

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...s-162472_1.jpg
Old 10-08-2022, 05:35 PM   #70
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's not bad at all, that's a start in the practical direction
Old 11-08-2022, 10:04 AM   #71
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I’m wondering when Ford will begin getting better supply of chips and ramp up production of Ranger and Everest.
Ford has plenty of orders plus enough buyers wanting walk in sales, something has to happen soon surely…
Old 11-08-2022, 11:59 AM   #72
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
So I’m wondering when Ford will begin getting better supply of chips and ramp up production of Ranger and Everest.
Ford has plenty of orders plus enough buyers wanting walk in sales, something has to happen soon surely…
Very soon. The last quarter of the year will see them flying out the door.
Old 11-08-2022, 12:06 PM   #73
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

All the OE's are in the same boat waiting on chips/harness's etcetc gonna be a while yet till flow gets back to a new kind of normal.
Discussing with a BM employee I know yesterday, 7Series for eg, alot of components we're made guess where, Ukraine, how many other OE's we're sourcing there as well.
He quoted up to 18mths wait for certain 7series.
To shift productions, increase capacities etc as you know takes time time time and how do you re cover the BO's let alone the increasing new sales.
Then we have the huge demands re shipping bookings and spaces.
Happen soon surley generally speaking ?, goss is up to 2yrs if we ever get back to pre covid kind sales flow supply that I think it will be a new ball game in any case.
What you don't get on your order is fitted at a later date, that will be one of the new norms unless you decide to go aftermarket for some items.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #74
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Its not a lack of stock, its a lack of options in the high end thats slowing the uptake as Ford dealerships are loaded with new Rangers.
I drove past the Ford dealer(Maughan Thiem) on Port road at Cheltenham yesterday and they had some in the showroom and another dozen on the forecourt of various trim and engine specs.
Same for Jarvis at Norwood.

To date i've seen only a handful on the road in the 5000km I've done for work since release.

Last edited by BENT_8; 11-08-2022 at 12:16 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-08-2022, 04:22 PM   #75
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Very soon. The last quarter of the year will see them flying out the door.
I thought so but hoping that we see some increase in August and September sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217
All the OE's are in the same boat waiting on chips/harness's etcetc gonna be a while yet till flow gets back to a new kind of normal.
Discussing with a BM employee I know yesterday, 7Series for eg, alot of components we're made guess where, Ukraine, how many other OE's we're sourcing there as well.
He quoted up to 18mths wait for certain 7series.
To shift productions, increase capacities etc as you know takes time time time and how do you re cover the BO's let alone the increasing new sales.
Then we have the huge demands re shipping bookings and spaces.
Happen soon surley generally speaking ?, goss is up to 2yrs if we ever get back to pre covid kind sales flow supply that I think it will be a new ball game in any case.
What you don't get on your order is fitted at a later date, that will be one of the new norms unless you decide to go aftermarket for some items.
I see that Ford US had a better July, selling back up at 65,000 F Series which is normally
a good sign, hopefully flowing through the rest of Ford’s manufacturing centres..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
Its not a lack of stock, its a lack of options in the high end thats slowing the uptake as Ford dealerships are loaded with new Rangers.
I drove past the Ford dealer(Maughan Thiem) on Port road at Cheltenham yesterday and they had some in the showroom and another dozen on the forecourt of various trim and engine specs.
Same for Jarvis at Norwood.

To date i've seen only a handful on the road in the 5000km I've done for work since release.
I remember talk that sourcing a lot of parts out of China was difficult in the early months
due to the shutdown there, probably why we’re seeing an odd mix that doesn’t seem
to match exactly what buyers want on the ground. Locked in customer orders are
probably causing some mismatch with dealer floor stock, New Hiluxes everywhere..Grrr.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:40 PM   #76
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

I remember talk that sourcing a lot of parts out of China was difficult in the early months
due to the shutdown there, probably why we’re seeing an odd mix that doesn’t seem
to match exactly what buyers want on the ground. Locked in customer orders are
probably causing some mismatch with dealer floor stock, New Hiluxes everywhere..Grrr.
Got nothing to do with model mix, because it's always been tilted towards the higher end models, and they build accordingly. The china lockdowns and shipping delays haven't been great, but the chip supply should be not much of an issue from here on in. On various Ranger forums i've only seen one low series that has been delivered so far, an XLS, and all the others have been Sport or Wildtrak. With a sprinkling of XLT.