Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 09:13 PM   #61
Psycho Chicken
Banned

They have it down pat over there. $50k? Not a chance. These guys are getting a 3m x 3m cell, matress, dunny and a bucket. No TV! $8 budget for the last meal.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #62
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Do you guys think anyone can go:

"Yeah! Sweet! I've got his syringe full of junk here, f88K why don't I jab it in my arm and press the plunger!!! What a good idea!!!"

Cause honestly I can't see ANY reason what-so-ever that you might think it was a GOOD idea to stick junk up your arm???!!!!

Tell me it's not just me...
Old 01-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #63
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i heard not long ago that a friend of mine from primary school died of a heroin OD, i was very disappointed with him. They choose to do it, they play the game.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #64
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

[QUOTE=zetec]...............................................The re IS NOT ONE SINGLE EXCUSE VALID ON THIS EARTH for importing illegal drugs into any country........................................... ...............QUOTE]

Why would you when we have enough of it here!

Personaly i think there is a clear difference between a drug user and a drug dealer! Its funny how most convicted (big time) drug dealers dont actualy use drugs! Those that are addicted (by there own choice) of drugs, or alcohol, or anything else suffer from their bodies addiction. Drug dealers prey on them to make an "easy-life" and make a quick buck (and much more).

I feel sad for Nugyen's mother (only a heartless person would not) but there is only one way to stop the wide spread drug trade and that is to make sure they dont do it again!
How many great stories are there of criminal coming out of jail and making a positive contribution to society and not going back to their life of crime?
Yeh ok........i can only come up with Mark "Chopper" Reid.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:34 PM   #65
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
A 1 minute silence is sometimes the ONLY respect we give our diggers for giving the ultimate sacrifice. They dies so we live. I think i minute silece for a convicted drug trafficer does not sit well with me.
may I add If he was not caught some aussie would of died from the Herion he was trying to import... So to add to your statment "They (diggers) die, so we live", "They (drug dealers) live, we die"....

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 01-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #66
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By the way, I had some smacky try to bum $1.40 of me today at the valley station. He got quite abusive when I told him to clean himself up and get a job. Security took him away. I near shat myself. To scared to hit them, you don't know what disease they have.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 01-12-2005, 10:14 PM   #67
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

I hear the mum of the death row inmate gave him a couple of books to read when she got to the prison last week ! One was "tourist things to see in NOOSA !" and the other was "101 things to do with a rope ! " :evilsasmo

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #68
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
By the way, I had some smacky try to bum $1.40 of me today at the valley station. He got quite abusive when I told him to clean himself up and get a job. Security took him away. I near shat myself. To scared to hit them, you don't know what disease they have.
That reminds me of a few years back when i caught the train to work... some dude comes upto me and asks "Got a spare $50?". Sometimes it's best to just ignore they even exist.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 PM   #69
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think at the end of the day the whole death penalty thing for drugs is pretty pointless - its obviously not a deterant, and its a pretty big waste of a life. The guy was stupid, fair enough, so is everyone else who is associated, takes or deals in drugs full stop.

The sort of strict penalties that Singapore places on all aspects of heroin pretty much means your dead either way - damned if you overdose, damned if you get caught with it.

Was it really something that should have cost him his life? No. Was it something that should have cost him 7 years in gaol? (what he would have recieved with that quantity if he was captured in Sydney) Maybe. I would like to have seen him serve double digits, but not death.

Really no person with a consciousness of self should be deprived of their life.

Ethics aside, it's just how they handle their business over there, its a Soverign city-state, we have no grounds to interfere with their laws unless their laws are bound by international treaty (which their not).

Anyway, looks like the "Bali 9" are headed the same way.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #70
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

"Sorry Mrs Jones... Bobby's Tumour requires special machines to help us remove it, unfortunately the $500,000 we needed to buy the machine have been spent housing a convicted criminal for the rest of his life in relative comfort" "Oh... is there anything that can be done doctor..." "Well, I'm sorry no Mrs Jones, we're not allowed to facilitate suicide, so Bobby is going to have to wait and die in a lot of pain... We expect he'll die sometime around his birthday."

"oh... well you did the best you could doctor"
Old 01-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #71
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel sorry for the Nguyen family and I think that a death sentence for such a minimal amount is unjust but thats how their system works.

smuggling drugs into/out of a country when you know that, that type of crime carries a possible death sentence .. should've known better.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:51 PM   #72
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

42.57 - Thats rather quite an emotional response.

You do realise hospitals don't work quite like that right?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM   #73
Monkey
XM FALCON

Quote:
Originally Posted by twr7cx
I don't mean to be racist
YES YOU DO!
He's an Australian citizen even if he is a stupid one.

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 02-12-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #74
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
42.57 - Thats rather quite an emotional response.

You do realise hospitals don't work quite like that right?
well, to be honest it's an emotive topic. State hospitals are given a budget by te state government, who funnily enough also give the prison system a budget, so to be honest I think they kinda relate.

Ofcourse I realise that not exactly how they work though, true.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #75
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, the whole "scum vs the weak and needy" is a natural reaction, everyone does it.

If you have a look at the NSW state budget, and what they are spending on prisions, healthcare and about 100 other potentially useless projects, your blood would boil more over the expenditure on the other 100 projects.

From what I gather, you'd rather use the death penalty than to keep some people in gaol for the rest of their lives. But when you think about it, could you imagine the costs of executing someone in a society like ours today? In most cases I think you would find that the amount of appeals, protests, social effects and legal eagle fees would cost more than what keeping someone in gaol for another XX years would.

Sometimes I think we should have capital punishment, I can think of at least a few good candidates who are evil beyond comprehension, but that might be too much of an easy way out for them.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #76
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
Yeah, the whole "scum vs the weak and needy" is a natural reaction, everyone does it.

If you have a look at the NSW state budget, and what they are spending on prisions, healthcare and about 100 other potentially useless projects, your blood would boil more over the expenditure on the other 100 projects.

From what I gather, you'd rather use the death penalty than to keep some people in gaol for the rest of their lives. But when you think about it, could you imagine the costs of executing someone in a society like ours today? In most cases I think you would find that the amount of appeals, protests, social effects and legal eagle fees would cost more than what keeping someone in gaol for another XX years would.

Sometimes I think we should have capital punishment, I can think of at least a few good candidates who are evil beyond comprehension, but that might be too much of an easy way out for them.
on the contrary Dave, I don't advocate the death penalty. I won't say I'm stark against it, but I wouldn't vote for it if there was a referendum to bring it back.

I was trying to point out the irony of life. And that irony is pretty cruel sometimes. I honest think though if prisoners want to riot because they aren't getting nice enough food, then perhaps we should not give them any food, let them drink contaminated water and let their cells get infested with rats and mice (just like everyday living conditions in many developing nations) then see how they feel about getting mashed potatoe instead of hand picked sweet potatoes with red wine sauce. you follow?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #77
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats understandable
Old 02-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #78
Monkey
XM FALCON

I wouldn't get caught.
cause i wouldn't be stupid enough to do it.

He's paying the price for the game he decided to play, pure and simple.
He's not a junkie, so it's just plain old greed working there.

Inocent people die every day and do they get that kind of media coverage.
The whole thing has turned into a farce.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:56 AM   #79
XAGSV8
Member 178

Feel sorry for his Mother. I don't agree with the death penalty but if you go to another country and break their law you have to suffer their punishments. I feel he is selfish because he should have thought of what it would do to his family if he got caught and what they would have to go through. PEOPLE HAVE TO START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS. As for other Aussies caught in country's, I don't care who it is if they have not learnt by now what could happen they deserve everything they get. Michelle Leslie is one of them and a stupid one at that.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 02-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #80
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he was about to help destroy more young kids lives and got caught
BOO HOO
his twin brother has a record for dealing too , why not send the whole family back where ever they came from,
i dont mind multicultural society but if your bad citizens send the family home.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:00 AM   #81
Monkey
XM FALCON

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
i dont mind multicultural society but if your bad citizens send the family home.
How does that work?

Sorry lady your son is f ed so where gonna shaft you too.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:38 AM   #82
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

So over the "poor misfortunate" souls routine.
Sure, the law doesnt always get it right..... Especially in countries that openly accept bribes.......Want more food, clothes, pay the officials, (its all documented in the media). But when you get caught with the stuff.
Dont come begging to the governemnt for help.

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
Old 02-12-2005, 08:52 AM   #83
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I am sad for his Mother. She really is the one who gets a death sentence. She will see her son every day until she dies in his twins face. Obviously this bloke didnt think of his mother or family before he got involved in trafficking drugs?

The death penalty is a rather harsh way to deal with this but like so many have said, he KNEW the chances were NOT good of getting away with it and still he decided to go ahead. I for one feel sorry for him because it is only NOW he realises the error of his way.

The answer is? Just dont do it. Learn to handle life the honest way, at least you get to live long?
Old 02-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #84
The Monty
Just slidin'

Counting down the minutes now :evil_laug :evilsasmo
Old 02-12-2005, 10:10 AM   #85
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder
Would you rely on this idea as your defence if you were busted carrying drugs? Its a poor excuse that wont help you.

Are you assuming Van Nugyen did NOT know the death penalty in Singapore? or that he knew the laws but thought they did not apply in the airport?

Yes international pressure from all over the world (through UN treaties etc) i think will see the death penalty disapeare over the next 10-20 years, but currently it IS law many countries and i would be very suprised to hear of a drug mule that honestly did not know of a country's death penalty or the penalty's application.
Nah see I think you might have misunderstood me.

The guy deserves to be punished by which laws found him guilty. He was found guilty of possession of a traffickable amount of herion by the law of Singapore. That punishment is death.

I think that capital punishment has its place when beyond a doubt someone is found to have done massive wrong, and in this case, in Singapore, trafficking drugs counts. However hanging, I think it is just a bit barbaric. Lethal injection is far more suitable I would have thought, and kind of ironic in this situation don't you think? :gren:
Old 02-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #86
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
YES YOU DO!
He's an Australian citizen. even if he is a stupid one.
So what are you saying?? Because he was an Australian citizen he should be treated differently, grow up and look at what has really happened. He has gone over there to buy heroin to bring back here to sell so as his brother can clear all of his gambling debts. Now what i want to know is why is it that his brother didn't go over and do the deed. I tell you why because he new full well what would happen if he got court. It is his brother who should be hanging from the end of a rope not him. As for the bleeding hearts of this country i hop the realise that the greater majority don't give a flying f**k what they do to him. Now back to a regular programming.

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 02-12-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:12 AM   #87
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
I feel sorry for the Nguyen family and I think that a death sentence for such a minimal amount is unjust but thats how their system works.

smuggling drugs into/out of a country when you know that, that type of crime carries a possible death sentence .. should've known better.
How is something in the order of 25,000 hits of herion a 'minimal amount'.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:13 AM   #88
tbearz

give him life not frigging death penalty....ppl get away with murder and they are in gaol for 25 years but not killed this is bs
Old 02-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #89
tbearz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty Corty
I have a friend who had an addiction it ruined their life and their parents lives it was Hell for the whole family for about 5 years, They are clean now.
But there are plenty of families that loose their children to death and addiction.

I agree with his sentence because he is guilty he cant deny his guilt its not a nice way to go and I feel for his family but I can also understand the releif of those 26000 familys.

Singapore must be on the right track with their justice system and sentencing their crime rate is a lot lower than ours.

I think the sentence should match the crime!!!!!

well taking the same stance as EVERYONE ELSE, sucked in shouldnt have taken drugs ppl know what they do... and **** off how the fudge does 400g spread to 26000 ppl that is bs and you know it
Old 02-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #90
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbearz
give him life not frigging death penalty....ppl get away with murder and they are in gaol for 25 years but not killed this is bs
Are you talking about people in Singapore getting 25 years in jail for murder or Australia?