Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #61
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
well, i havnt so much met my miss's yet but theres 1 i hold a very bright candle for, my best mates sister, morals shmorals if its somone you would spend the rest of ur life with then u would crawl along 4 kilometers of barbed wire and vinigar to get to. i havnt told her yet, every time i goto i lose my words and just get shy :( one day i will! hopefully it wont be too late then ahha
GIRLS LIKE CONFIDENT MEN WHO TAKE CONTROL AND WHO ARENT SHY. DONT WAIT TOO LONG NOW .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #62
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
sourman, obviouslly she was a copper. LOL . Also young soury, pleased to make your aquaintance last weekend, your ute makes a good dining table if nothing else.
Was good to meet you too mate. The ute is no race car, so a dining table is stationary enough a job for it to cope with.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #63
efgiar
rofl copter

lol yeah i kno all that, usually not shy this one just makes me go into me shell :

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #64
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

After returning to this humble little town after 12mths work interstate, my now 'wife' chased, hassled and stalked me. I played hard to get. Been together 10 + 1/2 years, only been married 14mths.
I love my wife madly and will 'honour' her to the death..!!..
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #65
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Quote:
...i havnt told her yet, every time i goto i lose my words and just get shy :( one day i will! hopefully it wont be too late then ahha
hahahahaa.... that so reminds me of the scene from Dukes of Hazard where Seann William Scott goes to the uni & passes out when trying to talk to Katie. hahahaa ... he's one funny buggar
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #66
HOON69
Banned

through family whilst drinking on my bro's bday
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #67
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
through family whilst drinking on my bro's bday
Does anyone else hear banjo music?

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #68
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Does anyone else hear banjo music?
your a idiot!

:
Old 01-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #69
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
For anyone that thinks on-line date sites are lame or for retards..... you're wrong!
A lot of great women use these sites now.... as all the DHs have made them very unsure in the clubs and pubs scene.

D:
Dude no offence but people who are on those sites generally are on there for a reason . Then again, there's enough mental/nutcase chicks out there that aren't on the internet to invalidate this theory.

My last GF was a bloody psycho. Thank god she nicked off. Last I heard she was knocked up to some dude she's only known for a few weeks. Note that whilst my essence is pretty damn good, it ain't good enough to perform miracles. (Read: I had absolutely positively nothing to do with it, my car is expensive enough)
Old 01-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #70
Beardie
Supercharged V6 Commodore

hmm bit of a boring story i spose meet her early last year at a mates party and we hit it off right away. and now we have been dating for about 6 months
Beardie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #71
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
For anyone that thinks on-line date sites are lame or for retards..... you're wrong!
A lot of great women use these sites now.... as all the DHs have made them very unsure in the clubs and pubs scene.
For sure. Its a top way to go shopping for what you want, even if it's just for some fun _2: It definately works.

As for how I met my partner, I was one of the managers and I thought I'd sleep with one of the staff lol. It'll be 5 years together in June for us.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 12:53 AM   #72
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Heh, I met my missus at Adrian Brien Ford, she was a sales consultant at that time.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:07 AM   #73
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
your a idiot!

:
I may be owned... But you're inbred!

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #74
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

I met my girlfriend at my local. She worked there and I guess I just impressed her with my razor sharp wit and snappy comeback lines. It must have been that, 'cos I'm ugly as hatful of ........ She is a few years older than me too (25 v 30).

Anyway, moral of the story is normal guys can succeed with hot bar chicks!
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #75
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
And they call you beryl.....bwhahahahaha how many fingers ye all got. :

Have had 3 serious relationships and all were met while being a Butcher.

Met my wife now (sindy) 7 years my junior,at16yo : as she walked past everyday from her work past my shop, whistled a few times as she did, and she come in with her mother and started buying meat from us.
Too sort of shy to ask of her, she asked me if i was ever gonna ask her out.

Didnt honestly know she was that young, till 3 months later and copped heaps off everybody for it, she has made all the decisions "marry me",kids,etc and not much has changed in 18 years, :

: you could sort of say,but i like it.

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #76
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I met Leah on the internet ... in a #cars irc channel lol. We met each other face to face after talking for 2 weeks. I lived in Qld, she lived here in Vic. I shifted down here (vic) not long after that, we have been together for just about 4 years now.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #77
gtfpv
GT

Too sort of shy to ask of her, she asked me if i was ever gonna ask her out.

Didnt honestly know she was that young, till 3 months later and copped heaps off everybody for it, she has made all the decisions "marry me",kids,etc and not much has changed in 18 years, :

: you could sort of say,but i like it.[/QUOTE]

i suppose its a good thing you can cut meat then?????
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #78
Ringo
I see you....

Kev EB XR8 - there is a bunch of one liners revolving around meeting your now wife and suppying meat.......but i'm rising above it and not going there....i'm sure you know em all - in fact that is another entertaining thread entirely.

Met mine of RSVP

Agree with the comments posted earlier about Internet dating services actually not being full of freaks......it's only 3/4 full.

So the odds are about 1 in 4 will actually be sort of normal and wondering what the hell they are doing on an internet dating website 'cuase they would never admit it to their friends.

The other 3 will be freaks who will only want to talk about themselves, ex's, the overseas trip they want to go on and how much they enjoy internet dating.

Wife was the 2nd girl I met off the site and there is no way we would have ever crossed paths otherwise.

She drove a VL Commidore (still does actually) and being a smart ИИИИ I said to her "Best engine Holden's ever had...." to which she replied "But it's not a Holden engine its a Nissan engine" My jaw dropped, my heart when boom and I was in luuuurve......

1st girl I met wanted to go from our first meeting to picking out homewares and bedspreads in less than 60 minutes.....being sober at the time it freaked me out......she was 16 or something....

I don't like to being referred to at 'owned' - I like the term 'leased' after all I am at substantial financial risk if I break the contract.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #79
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

[QUOTE=Ringo]Kev EB XR8 - there is a bunch of one liners revolving around meeting your now wife and supplying meat.......but I'm rising above it and not going there....I'm sure you know em all - in fact that is another entertaining thread entirely.

Ahh your a decent man Ringo me mate

Got 3 kids so i know i had marital bliss at least 3 times, bit shady from then on in.

I like your philosophy on financial contracts in marriage

Still to come DIVORCE
Old 02-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #80
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After a long time on my own and a house fire later, I had a great mate who was going thru a lot of dramas himself turn up for coffee & to help gather the stuff that the locals had given the kids & I.

Have known him for about 20 odd years on & off and was actually great mates with his wife ..... she left and we were basically two mates helping each other out in a time of need .............. was 5 months ago on 31st that he actually plucked up the courage to ask me out officially ....... he is a romantic & thought I wouldnt go out with him ......

The kids & I have now moved in with he & his 3 kids and couldnt be happier ...... Ive never know happiness like this ............. So for those who think theres no one out there for them .... think again ... took me a horrid marrage & a few duds along the way but I know I have found Mr Perfect now .... only took me 39yrs to accomplish too :P

Ohhhhhhh & brady bunch comments ..... have heard them all :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:16 PM   #81
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature

The kids & I have now moved in with he & his 3 kids and couldnt be happier ...... Ive never know happiness like this ............. So for those who think theres no one out there for them .... think again ... took me a horrid marrage & a few duds along the way but I know I have found Mr Perfect now .... only took me 39yrs to accomplish too :P

Allbeit i have never met you, i have seen here how luck has not been kind to you at all, its refreshing to see you have found happiness again for you and the kids.

Hee Hee not to mention an extra income to fund another beasty ed sprint :

Still to come DIVORCE
Old 02-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #82
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
IQ of a rock right here ppl's nice come back,i been with one person my entire adult life
more then i can say for you cause you woulda been a little tucker still dreaming of puberty n girls. :
Old 02-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #83
Sporty Corty
1977 TE Cortina

I have tried those internet dating sites. and its not just nut case girls there are some nut case guys around too....problem with internet dating is you can't judge a person from a picture.
So I find it really hard, and fancy restaurants and cafes aren't my thing.... You should see the responce I get when I ask a guy to the Drags or a Car show. I just never thought the dating game would have rules.

But hearing all ur stories makes it worth while, good luck to you all.
Sporty Corty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #84
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEV EB XR8
Allbeit i have never met you, i have seen here how luck has not been kind to you at all, its refreshing to see you have found happiness again for you and the kids.

Hee Hee not to mention an extra income to fund another beasty ed sprint :

Thanks for that Kev ... yes good things so come to those who wait long enough :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #85
NZ
~~~

Quote:
well, i havnt so much met my miss's yet but theres 1 i hold a very bright candle for, my best mates sister, morals shmorals if its somone you would spend the rest of ur life with then u would crawl along 4 kilometers of barbed wire and vinigar to get to. i havnt told her yet, every time i goto i lose my words and just get shy :( one day i will! hopefully it wont be too late then ahha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
GIRLS LIKE CONFIDENT MEN WHO TAKE CONTROL AND WHO ARENT SHY. DONT WAIT TOO LONG NOW .
So true.
A chick I liked for about 6 months I never worked up the courage to ask. Then when I did she had a BF (and not the car) anyway. Turns out that at the time i started noticing her she was keen on me, but me being so clueless didnt notice that she was always serving me at the shop, being chatty, asking what i was doing in the weekend. In the end she gave up and found another bloke. Thing was ahe was very young. 15 going 16 soon 7 yrs younger. at the time i thought she was 18 - 19 so did my mates so was kinda a shock, and i backed off in a hurry. but anyway just ask her. leave all dignity and shame at the door
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #86
Dimi_Ghia
Yeah it's a V8 mate.

Met my wife on holidays in Cairo back in 99! Found out that she only lived 20 minutes away from my place and that our parents already knew each other.

2016 LZ FOCUS TREND SEDAN IN CANDY RED
Dimi_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #87
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
After a long time on my own and a house fire later, I had a great mate who was going thru a lot of dramas himself turn up for coffee & to help gather the stuff that the locals had given the kids & I.

Have known him for about 20 odd years on & off and was actually great mates with his wife ..... she left and we were basically two mates helping each other out in a time of need .............. was 5 months ago on 31st that he actually plucked up the courage to ask me out officially ....... he is a romantic & thought I wouldnt go out with him ......

Lisa, thats great to hear! After all the crap you and your kids have been through, its fantastic to hear things are going so well for you! I think karma caught up with you and you finally got what you deserved!

Hope things continue to go well for you now mate!

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #88
F6Tornado

We met at a reenactment event in 2003. He was the security guard and I was one of the reenactors, 17th century ECW wench complete with corset. He bounced minties off my "shelf tits". He asked for my phone number, I gave it to him and we've been together ever since, got married last year.

Schaz
F6Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #89
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Met my wife after answering ad in Soldier Of Fortune magazine for "beautiful russian ladies" yearning to meet you...........................

Nah, met her when she came with a group to academy in Glen Waverly, married in same building (chapel) Feb 8th 2003.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #90
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6Tornado
We met at a reenactment event in 2003. He was the security guard and I was one of the reenactors, 17th century ECW wench complete with corset. He bounced minties off my "shelf tits". He asked for my phone number, I gave it to him and we've been together ever since, got married last year.

Schaz
What sort of re-enactments?