Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #61
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 
Default Re: How picky are you with your car?

BA XR8 100,000 km, BA GT also had 100,000 km, BF Super Pursuit 76,000 km, BF Typhoon 15,000 in 9 months, Mini Cooper S 108,000 km and still going.

Personally I prefer to drive the things, but I still get time to wash them (a lot). However if resprayed them each time they go a stone chip or replaced the wheel every time they got the slightest mark I would have spent an absolute fortune on wheels with all those km's travelled. Having said that, I have replaced a number of FPV wheels due to gutter scrapes and pot hole dents. The Mini has a scraped wheel now (very minor) but I am going to leave it, not bad only 1 in 108,000 km.
Old 23-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #62
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
Come check my rims, not a mark on them, if I see a mark ill get a new set.

Why not just replace the rim your damage rather than the other three ? I am having visions of your garage at home ...full of XR8 rims and no room left to park your car
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #63
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Why not just replace the rim your damage rather than the other three ? I am having visions of your garage at home ...full of XR8 rims and no room left to park your car

Glad I am not the only one, I had that vision too.
Old 23-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #64
GT 160
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And to think i've been wasting all my time playing with my kids, going on holidays, family and friends etc etc
GT 160 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #65
T-Pak Addict
Jim

My Wifes and my car are chalk and cheese....

She Has a 98 AU Futura hasnt even cracked 200k yet and it looks like Cyclone Tracey went thru it... Car always has a layer of dirt on it.....

My 2003 BA Egas Ex-Cab 500k+ Gets a real good vacuum & clean at least once a month, washed every 2 weeks (unless a cruise is on) every 3 months I go over it and touch up the scratches etc, Seats done every 12 months.... It has a big clean before AFD (2-5days in the shed). Dont let the kids eat or drink in the car.... Dont let them leave their stuff in there either. I drive it everyday covering 25k+ a year (no use me having a low kay car). If any thing needs done I fix it ASAP. I spend at least 1 day a week (I work 4 on 4 off) doing something on the car.... My misses thinks I am pretty **** about it... God help her if I ever got a nice mint car like some of you guys on here....

Just to take home the point... Misses scratched my rear bar 2 weeks ago (3 nice long scratches), I chucked the car in the shed and resprayed the rear bar...... My car is not perfect, Its a high kay daily driven car but its mine......

The Old Daily.......2003 Octane BA Taxi Pak Egas Falcon Build Thread
T-Pak Addict is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #66
RAPID_BA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
I have a lockable big shed out the back. 3 sets of rims in there including an unmarked set of dark argents., they don't even have a scratch on them just changed my mind on colour I wanted. But if my rims get a scratch the dark argents will come off the bench for a return.

Still a garage to park the car
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #67
Zero_PSI
Banned

There's looking after a car..........then there's being excessive.

I wash mine once a week, wax every second month, claybar every six, service every 10,000 and get everything that isn't like it was from factory fixed.

But a small stone chip or a little scratch isn't going to send me off the rails, it's the price I pay to enjoy my car. Every month I detail the car and take out any minor scratching and touch up chips.

I believe I'm holding the balance between keeping my car immaculate and enjoying my car.
Zero_PSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #68
basketcaseXR

I am pickier than most and take great pride in my car, but think you can be far too **** with things. A car is there to be driven!

I do hate having anything in my car that should not be there, like clothes, rubbish, etc
basketcaseXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #69
Bunyip04
Think Heavy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
scratch ex doesn't solve any problems
Yeah 2nd that haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic
Im with you hulk, even with my front bar i usually get it resprayed once a year. i refuse to buy a car bra as i like my car being naked but i cant stand the smallest stone chips. recently i found a really small swirl mark on the roof as soon as i got home i got the buffer out and removed it. after every wash i inspect the paint for the slightest marks. i am definitely OCD with my car, but at the same time i drive it and enjoy it, i think that is the main thing. no point being pedantic about a car and not using it.
Yeah i'm the same, if i see ANY marks on my car, i'll wash the whole thing...

How much does it cost to get the bumper re-sprayed?? I would like to do mine, but keep putting it off.. :/

There's no replacement for displacement!!!

Handling: Bilstein Shocks with King springs all round, Whiteline 27mm front swaybar & 22mm rear adj, upgraded PBR rotors, calipers and braided lines all round with Bendix Ultimate pads.
Go Fast Bits: Herrod C.A.I with K&N 4" pod flter, Herrod Helix spacer, Herrod oil breathers, Tridon 72c thermostat, Herrod 2.5" stainless cat back zorst.
Bunyip04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post