Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #61
gtfpv
GT

well it better look good in the flesh cause those pics look shyte. the ssv looks way better, and i think 297kws sounds better than 304. a sports hi flow air filter on the ssv would bring it up to those levels too. me , i think i'd go the ssv over the hsv . but have to wait for the market realese photos before i comment further .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #62
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
well it better look good in the flesh cause those pics look shyte. the ssv looks way better, and i think 297kws sounds better than 304. a sports hi flow air filter on the ssv would bring it up to those levels too. me , i think i'd go the ssv over the hsv . but have to wait for the market realese photos before i comment further .
How can an air-filter take you from 270 to 304kW? :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 02:04 AM   #63
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Going by that pic it doesn't look too flattering. Until a large pic is available judgement can't be passed. Eager to see it in red.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 02:21 AM   #64
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gee that doesnt look too good.. I will wait for possible better pics but thats a real love it or hate it styling path to go down. The SS looks much better. What were they thinking with those tail lights and front splitter?
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 02:22 AM   #65
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They just had to copy the quad exhausts too
ED Classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #66
CSV_LS1
I used to have a nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
They just had to copy the quad exhausts too
What did you expect? Exhaust coming out of the boot? There's really only 1 way to do it. You would have to have pretty large single tips to fill the holes.
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 02:55 AM   #67
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Maybe 6 tips
Old 16-08-2006, 04:28 AM   #68
Abacus
Life's a Gas

It looks HOTTTT!!!

I'd prefer to see round Skyline type lights on the back and a single opening grille, but this thing is still smoking.

FPV wanna do something big for BF2.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #69
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

OMG what is HSV thinking. First the VE SS look like the previous model Astra in the British racing cup. Now the HSV are bringing a car that got a falcon GT nose cone, Monaro GTO front end, F6 style side skirt and a Mazda RX8 back end!

Why does Holden and HSV always copying other car manufactor for ideas and not come up with their own?

It far to Euro looking, and too much of a plastic cheap looking car. We need a Aussie muscle car not a Euro crap. HSV has stuff it up again.

:thebirds: HSV :thebirds:

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 06:10 AM   #70
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAFIA
OMG what is HSV thinking. First the VE SS look like the previous model Astra in the British racing cup. Now the HSV are bringing a car that got a falcon GT nose cone, Monaro GTO front end, F6 style side skirt and a Mazda RX8 back end!

Why does Holden and HSV always copying other car manufactor for ideas and not come up with their own?

It far to Euro looking, and too much of a plastic cheap looking car. We need a Aussie muscle car not a Euro crap. HSV has stuff it up again.

:thebirds: HSV :thebirds:
But they will still sell like fresh bread :
Old 16-08-2006, 07:20 AM   #71
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's one of their worst yet. Disgusting pile of poo.

I do like the HSV's. I have no issues with them. But this is not a good look. I don't know what it looks like.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 07:33 AM   #72
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

never was a fan of the VE to start with... the HSV Look sjust as bad, i reckon it would look much better without the flared guards, and while we all say its got 380, ba etc.... design cues in it, overall its got the stance of a mazda!

Holden and HSV Had better have some trick engineering in this car, coz their design boys went on holiday after VZ

What is the general consensus on ls1?? are they a fan? or just putting on a brave face? or showing disgust?

Like many i beleive this to be Holdens AU Commodore, but its just got too much euro style for me......
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 07:38 AM   #73
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see one in the flesh.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #74
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you know if it's not just a chop?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #75
blackahcdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Holden didn't evolve anything. Opel was guilty of that. The Opel Omega is the car that was rebadged Commodore over the years, the 1995 Omega being 1997's VT, the VE being the first Commodore ever not to be a rebadged Opel, it is fully Australian design, hence its obvious total deviation from its Opel Omega heritage.
If u think the commodore was simply a rebadge for all those years then my you have a lot of learning to do :p

Hmm, i'm not 100% sure about the looks, but it is nice, will wait to see it in the flesh first.

And i think power is higher than the 304kw someone said.
blackahcdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 09:12 AM   #76
HSE2

Well I think it’s the best VE yet. The sports versions of the VE to date are at best proportionally challenged. I don't care what people try to say they simply don't cut it as anything remotely typifying the next generation. To top it off they have the worst interior design and I can't say I was overtly impressed with the quality of the samples I saw over the weekend in either fit and finish or plastic quality.

The rear of the clubbie is much better then the high mounted efforts by Holden. When the rear end sticks so high in the air and the sheet metal is so large you need some focal point to the midsection and the HSV delivers on this front. You have the wing, then the lights, then the pipes. It’s the most pleasing rear on a VE for my money.

The front is a little more dubious because its not clear what is hiding in the black centre and the driving light surround has potential to be a real shocker but and it is a BIG BUT, they look to have made a better attempt at integrating the front into that hideously over proportioned guard. It looks like a more integrated effort over the stop start SSV showing. I could live with this car; I don’t believe I could live with the standard Holden sports models. The kit is just too aggressive for the body. I know some people have said differently but I see this HSV kit as being understated considering the car it is sitting on.

I like the gill but it doesn't look to be as well executed as say a RRMK3 or current RRSC or the new XK Jag. Would have preferred it to be one piece.

The one aspect with VE I am really disappointed in is the head lights. They got lazy with that. Look the same across the range; they should have implemented more aggression in their sport line up through the head lights.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #77
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Don't like it at all. Apart from the fact its a holden. Think it just looks to bulgy. In some aspects i reckon it kinda looks like a overgrown mazda 626 or something. I'm sure it'l look better close up though. The new fords are big cars but they still manage to look muscly and sleek at the same time. Think maybe they've tried to over do it.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:23 AM   #78
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity XR6
the car screams mazda to me, i reckon if mazda made a v8 muscle car thats what it would look like...
New i couldn't be the only one. Thats the first thing that popped into my head. Resembles a mazda.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #79
mattri

if u ask me it looks like a oversize Mazda 6
mattri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #80
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I'm gonna wait to see a better pic in a different colour. The last time I saw a bad pic of a white commodore, I though it was shocking. Now I quite like the look of the V8. I think it will do well.

I like the 380 Mitsu as well, from the outside, and I do see some similarities, but no-one ever designs anything without looking at whatever else is out there and borrowing parts.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:58 AM   #81
Stoney!
Happy Volkswagen owner

That is absolutely ****ing hot!

Love everything about it, love the HSV coup style grille with the VE front, the rear lights look great, as do the land rover sizeside vents.

WELL DONE HSV!!!!

Stoney!
Stoney! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #82
RATT

Polarising opinions..hmmm.

Until I see it in front of me I won't make a final judgement, but by the pics I don't like it.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #83
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
I'm gonna wait to see a better pic in a different colour. The last time I saw a bad pic of a white commodore, I though it was shocking. Now I quite like the look of the V8. I think it will do well.

I like the 380 Mitsu as well, from the outside, and I do see some similarities, but no-one ever designs anything without looking at whatever else is out there and borrowing parts.
but have you seen a stock 380 in white?
:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #84
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What i cant work out is why there's so much realestate between the rear wheel arch and the window line, this "wedge" shape is further compounded with the tail high stance and large space between the rear tyre and guard, the pumped flares just look out of place on a modern vehicle.
Does the VE have a wider track than VZ? or have they given away cabin width but retained track?
I hope it looks better in the flesh.

Old 16-08-2006, 10:12 AM   #85
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Not my style, the back is ok...not great but ok... the front is a bit of a joke though.

Still as has been said i'll wait for some more pic's.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #86
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
but have you seen a stock 380 in white?
:
Yeah, they look better in red

Since VT, I think Commodore base models look better than Falcons. The BA/BF XR models look far better (and aren't base models), but Holden have made the smart move in the past of making the base Model look slightly aggressive. They look sportier as a result.

Ford has a bad habit of making the base model look boring and when people can't afford the hero models but want a large sedan - from the outside the Commodore looks more sporty. If they weren't model biased and wanted a sporty looking car, they would pick holden. Look at the sales stats, I'd be willing to bet that when fleet sales are taken out of it, the Commodores have done better for that reason alone.

If Ford made the XR model the base model.....then sales would go ballistic.

The BFII from what I can tell, doesn't help it. They will still appeal to an older generation that appreciates conservative styling with plenty of goodies inside, but there is a whole market of young people that would really prefer a body kit on it instead.
Old 16-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #87
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont mind the look. Its certainly better than the Y and Z series. In all fairness, its quite clear these are amateur photos and I am sure Holden (HSV) marketing departments will improve the look.

One thing for sure, I still hate white cars.............blah............

Proof will be when these things are on the road.
Old 16-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #88
Scott

Looks good for mine but nothing like the hype I have read about. The tail lights don't seem to follow the lines of the car, perhaps it's just the pic. It doesn't look like a big jump up from the SS.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #89
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven
I think Commodore base models look better than Falcons. The BA/BF XR models look far better (and aren't base models), but Holden have made the smart move in the past of making the base Model look slightly aggressive. They look sportier as a result.

Ford has a bad habit of making the base model look boring and when people can't afford the hero models but want a large sedan - from the outside the Commodore looks more sporty. If they weren't model biased and wanted a sporty looking car, they would pick holden. Look at the sales stats, I'd be willing to bet that when fleet sales are taken out of it, the Commodores have done better for that reason alone.

If Ford made the XR model the base model.....then sales would go ballistic.

The BFII from what I can tell, doesn't help it. They will still appeal to an older generation that appreciates conservative styling with plenty of goodies inside, but there is a whole market of young people that would really prefer a body kit on it instead.
This is probably due to the fundamental differences between Ford and Holden's marketing pitch, Ford generally sell more cars to the private sector than Holden, holden are fleet biased in their sales, Ford will be trying to create a 'carrot" to upgrade from the base model by creating a more appealing next step. The XR range is Fords best seller from memory.

Old 16-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #90
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
How can an air-filter take you from 270 to 304kW? :
woops the goose in me has come out again. sorry i thought the ssv was 297 kws . silly bugger. :
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post