Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #61
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

this little problem is a hard one to fix , but maybe compulsory movement sensors /alarm . fences stop squat and senseless inspections even more so
Old 17-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #62
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How about electric fences? Works for the cows
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 05:21 PM   #63
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Has as much chance of working as lowering speed limits to reduce the road toll...none.
As for a solution, adult supervision around pools sounds to me crazy enough to work.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 06:08 PM   #64
rodderz

Working at a job at the moment, the home owners got a pool installed and security fence, we laid turf under the fence now it's failed a council permit as the grass was 20mm too high- there needs to be 1200mm from ground to top of fence. They see this as a risk of a child being now able to climb over. I said to mow it next inspection and it will pass....lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #65
JG66ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Great tech articles and assistance to all in the Classics arena. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im waiting for the "rain fall consumption" or water tank tax to come in... all those people who have installed tanks on their suburban properties to collect rain water off their roofs and claimed the govt rebate will be the first to cop this automatic tax, because by claiming the rebate you've admitted to the tank/usage....
Its only a mater of time....
100,000 liters here Norm and no rebate claimed. I can see it coming. I dont have any tanks
JG66ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #66
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
The same idiots who are lowering speed limits rather than fixing roads have come out with this little gem.

All pools in QLD (not just house pools) will need fences with random paid for inspections on a regular basis.
This is to save childrens' lives because if the pool is fenced no one can drown obviously.

Strangely, of the 23 children drowned only 23 of them drowned in pools with fences.

Even more strangely, none of them drowned while they were being closely supervised by adults.

But of course a $300 random inspection will raise money for the state government and make jobs for little hitlers who need bigger hitlers to manage them and then even BIGGER hitlers to supervise the managers.

Of course when kids keep drowning it will be because there are not enough inspectors and pools will need to be licensed to pay for these new inspectors but it will never be the parents' fault because that is discrimination.

The world is a dangerous place, accidents happen and people die, NOTHING will ever stop this but when are we going to accept that parents NOT the social engineers in the government are responsible for children and meddling political correctness is what has got us into this mess in the first place.

The death of a child for ANY reason is a tragedy but grandstanding knee-jerk reactions never have and never will solve anything other than to take the media pressure off the politicians until the next event.

/end rant

Accidents, Natures way of eradicating idiots! We need them, and heaps of them. So many idiots, so few accidents!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post