Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #61
Falcon Freak
Banned

Ford shouldn't start gloating until they even up the scoreboard with Holden. One win does NOT make up for the many years of humiliation.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 09:58 PM   #62
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Somebody in Ford marketing obviously found the long lost sense of humour. About time too!

Cheers
Russ
And gained a little bravado, with the Uncle Tom directly having a dig at the new "Korean" car company, maybe someone high up has been reading these forums.....take a look at this post from the Territory forum:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=68905
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:02 PM   #63
HSVETAR
Bring on the lion...

Thats true, but who cares. For so long there arguement in all the verbal bashing, was that 'you cant win the race that counts' and now its happened. Party on!!!!!
El falcon, 4.0, XR6 camshaft, pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust with tri flow sports muffler, AU TE50 intake, with K&N panel filter, Advanti racing Stalker 17" rims, Sitting on Ultra Low King Springs, 'Gabriel' Ultras Lowered struts, NOW MANUAL, 3.45 LSD

9.694 @ 75.38 MPH at Mildura Drag Strip 1/8 Mile

XC Falcon project car underway......
HSVETAR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #64
The Monty
Just slidin'

That is awesome. What a crack up.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #65
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
Ford shouldn't start gloating until they even up the scoreboard with Holden. One win does NOT make up for the many years of humiliation.

FF
True, yet you can only get one step closer every year and you have to "make hay while the sun shines".
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #66
Falcon Freak
Banned

Look at my signature and you will see how many steps we are away. Holden have won 19 Bathurst 500/1000 races whereas Ford only have 12 (two of which were with non-Australian vehicles - Sierras).

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #67
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Another thread on the same topic, but its still funny.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 10:51 PM   #68
Envi XR8
I love my beast too!

Many times in that 7 year streak Holden was handed victory by Ford. Stupid things have cost Ford multiple race wins in the last 7 years. Luck was just not with Holden on Sunday, and I loved every minute of it....

Holden marketing has previously, and did make fun of Ford in the lead up to this year's race, by having a picture taken with 7 drivers holding the last 7 year's worth of trophies, in their words to remind us who had won previously. When Lowndes first came to Ford, and he was on V8SuperStars with Skaife, Skaife offered to have John Crennan find a sponsor for 00 Motorsport, with a huge grin on his dail when a naming rights sponsor was not forthcoming. all aimed at belittling Lowndes.

The best thing about a streak, depending on your point of view, is that it eventually comes to an end. Good things come to those who wait, and that being the case, I say all is fair in love and war, and if holden fans are having issues with a bit of marketing tonque in cheek, so be it. If the amount of stick I have been subjected to in the last 7 years is any guide, especially up to 2003 when they were winning the championship as well, let 'em have it I reckon.

just my worthless 2cents worth.

Envi
Envi XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #69
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Still you don't see holden do that. And they could if they wanted but they don't.
Want some tissues........
Justin@ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #70
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Good to see a bit of fun in a world which would be pretty boring and dull without it (and if there was no motor racing).

So what how many Bathursts or races were previously won by Ford or Holden. Ford won this time.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:19 PM   #71
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the third or fourth bloody thread about this video.

For heaven's sake! How about you look to see.

There was, "Holden gets a caning" and "Ford site updated" alone.

Grrrrr....
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #72
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its about time and im glad people and companies are jamming it up the politicly correct.

Seriously people need to let up and how long has it been since ford won bathurst 1998 !!!!.

This is no different to the monaro Game over ad.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:26 AM   #73
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

threads merged

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #74
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Slick:

Where were you to complain when Ford brought out their Lion Tamer campaign?

Well, take your happy pills so that time comes a little sooner
I wasn't here but i said my peace about that also.

Happy pills? What ever hides it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi XR8
Many times in that 7 year streak Holden was handed victory by Ford. Stupid things have cost Ford multiple race wins in the last 7 years. Luck was just not with Holden on Sunday, and I loved every minute of it....

Holden marketing has previously, and did make fun of Ford in the lead up to this year's race, by having a picture taken with 7 drivers holding the last 7 year's worth of trophies, in their words to remind us who had won previously. When Lowndes first came to Ford, and he was on V8SuperStars with Skaife, Skaife offered to have John Crennan find a sponsor for 00 Motorsport, with a huge grin on his dail when a naming rights sponsor was not forthcoming. all aimed at belittling Lowndes.

The best thing about a streak, depending on your point of view, is that it eventually comes to an end. Good things come to those who wait, and that being the case, I say all is fair in love and war, and if holden fans are having issues with a bit of marketing tonque in cheek, so be it. If the amount of stick I have been subjected to in the last 7 years is any guide, especially up to 2003 when they were winning the championship as well, let 'em have it I reckon.

just my worthless 2cents worth.

Envi
If they had that poster up with a bird under each drivers foot that would be poking fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzy_eb5
Want some tissues........
Why? you got plenty at your house?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
This is no different to the monaro Game over ad.
I didnt see a ford in that ad?
Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #75
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Look at my signature and you will see how many steps we are away. Holden have won 19 Bathurst 500/1000 races whereas Ford only have 12 (two of which were with non-Australian vehicles - Sierras).

FF
Sorry mate, but that's incorrect.

If you go to V8 Supercar.com, it's actually 25 for Holden and 14 for Ford. (Which hasn't been updated yet and should be 15)
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #76
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Sorry mate, but that's incorrect.

If you go to V8 Supercar.com, it's actually 25 for Holden and 14 for Ford. (Which hasn't been updated yet and should be 15)
who cares
no one buys a car based on their wins from 80 years ago, and i dont think the wins change that many peoples mines about a car, if its crap its crap.
from the bathurst race i could see possible causes for it being rigged but i wont elaborate.

this is Ford forums, enjoy the Ford victory im sure brocky would have been proud we won and at that lowndsey and whincup.

geez

btw im not having a go at you Ryan

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #77
Seagull
The Guy on TV

[QUOTE=zetec]

Whilst they probably won't have a photo of the Skaifemobile on a flatbed (what I really want for my desktop : ) hopefully they'll have some more pics of Lowndesy or something to help us celebrate with our Holden mates!!!!!
You wanted Skaifemobile on a flatbed...... here it is, along with a pic of him finishing lap 1 in a golf buggy with the Chaplan. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=68818

Last edited by Seagull; 12-10-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #78
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
who cares
no one buys a car based on their wins from 80 years ago, and i dont think the wins change that many peoples mines about a car, if its crap its crap.
from the bathurst race i could see possible causes for it being rigged but i wont elaborate.

this is Ford forums, enjoy the Ford victory im sure brocky would have been proud we won and at that lowndsey and whincup.

geez

btw im not having a go at you Ryan
Nah it's cool. I know that Bathurst wins or whatever, mean stuff all in the real world.

Just correcting him. That's all.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #79
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
FF
Ford are probably just thinking about the old slogan...

"Win on Sunday, sell on Monday"
Old 14-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #80
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

FF
Ford has won a lot more Touring Car Championships than Holden has, and in my eyes winning a championship is more important than one race. If Holden fans want to gloat about how many Bathursts they have won ask them how many championships they have compared to Ford.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #81
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Mines bigger then yours:P