Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #61
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Alan Jones from 2GB has just interviewed the roads minister David Borger. He has questioned a lot of the stuff we are talking about in the Pub. There will be no 4km tolerance and he got a hammering re the speed cameras. Will try to post the interview.

I heard that interview too. Can you believe in the opinion polls the NSW government only has 20% that support it?

Anyway, this whole thing reminds me of a good story I heard about these camera vans in the ACT.
A bunch of guys walked up to a camera van and started talking to the operator. As they talked and distracted the operator one of them took the vans number plates off. Then the guys affixed them to their own car and sped past this van several times.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #62
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Anyway, this whole thing reminds me of a good story I heard about these camera vans in the ACT.
A bunch of guys walked up to a camera van and started talking to the operator. As they talked and distracted the operator one of them took the vans number plates off. Then the guys affixed them to their own car and sped past this van several times.
lol
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 11:10 AM   #63
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Alan Jones from 2GB has just interviewed the roads minister David Borger. He has questioned a lot of the stuff we are talking about in the Pub. There will be no 4km tolerance and he got a hammering re the speed cameras. Will try to post the interview.
I really hope that this idea to introduce this ridiculous tolerance gets thrown out on the basis of ADR's. Because if it gets thrown out in NSW, it will set a precedence for the same to happen in Vic.

It's one thing to try and change something already in place, but when it's something new and there is public awareness it makes it much easier to stop it from happening in the first place.

I'd like a public enquiry in to the 'studies' conducted by the Monash University Accident Research Centre. I'm sure their pockets are being lined by the gov in some form.
Old 14-07-2010, 11:18 AM   #64
kinksta
Luxojet

what a joke, who would've thought that when that sign on the side of the road says 110 or 100, it actually means I can't go over that speed in my car! whats this country coming too!!
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #65
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta
what a joke, who would've thought that when that sign on the side of the road says 110 or 100, it actually means I can't go over that speed in my car! whats this country coming too!!
I understand your append, but the point is that there is a difference between the tolerances of the planned legislation, and the tolerances of the existing speedo ADRs.
Your speedo is only required to be 10% accurate, therefore fining for less than a 10% infringement is unrealistic.
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #66
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta

Says the guy who owns a rocket of a car.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 04:41 PM   #67
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Couple of questions regarding these speed camera vans that are about to be inflicted upon us Sydney/NSW drivers.....
What is their approx range ???? ie if I'm driving along at 10kph over the limit & notice the van parked 100 metres up the road, can I hit the brakes & avoid being detected - or is it already too late ??? What if I simply come to a complete halt before passing the van ??? When is the photo taken ?? ie as you pass the van - or when you are detected 50, 100 , 150 meters away...
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 06:16 PM   #68
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
Couple of questions regarding these speed camera vans that are about to be inflicted upon us Sydney/NSW drivers.....
What is their approx range ???? ie if I'm driving along at 10kph over the limit & notice the van parked 100 metres up the road, can I hit the brakes & avoid being detected - or is it already too late ??? What if I simply come to a complete halt before passing the van ??? When is the photo taken ?? ie as you pass the van - or when you are detected 50, 100 , 150 meters away...
If you can see the van, It's too late.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #69
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Fight their technology with better technology Bel STI in combo with a laser park pro negates any radar or laser device used by NSW police and is undetectable by them. Both items will set you back about $1200.00 you have to suck it up and not do more than 4k's over or play the game....game on.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #70
kinksta
Luxojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Says the guy who owns a rocket of a car.
yea it's a rocket to the speed limit.

EgoFG yea I understand, and it is crappy. I just took a wooden spoon to give the thread a bit of a stir...

Its the people who cry, I got caught doing 10kph over the limit, and blame the police that annoy me...
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #71
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sent E-Mail, copied as suggested & to my local member; added my own piece about the ineffectiveness of these devices as a safety measure
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #72
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Response from my Local Member, copied on the E-Mail:

"Further to my email to you on 18 July 2010, the office of the Hon David Borger MP, Minister for Roads, has advised me that the Sydney Morning Herald report is incorrect.
I have been assured that whilst there is a tolerance threshold currently in place for speed limits (that may allow for any errors e.g. in speedometers), the RTA is not considering reducing it.
Please be aware that the Minister’s office has advised me that in the interest of public safety, they will not disclose the exact speed threshold, however, it remains greater than 4km/h.
I hope that this information will be of assistance to you. However, if you would like me to pursue formal representations that will elicit a written reply from the Minister on this issue, please let me know.
Yours sincerely,"
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #73
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Thanks for getting back to us with this DRU842.
Old 21-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #74
bdave351
R u a Fogwit or a HIDiot?

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/1624/20072010001.jpg

Day one NSW

Add that to the soon to be Mac Bank owned mobile cameras in NSW and you have a very tidy dividend for share holders (I mean lives saved by hiding behind bushes/signs etc and mailing things out in a few weeks)

Now Quattro RS3 powered
bdave351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post