Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #61
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Is the oil leak from the rocker cover or from the timing case cover? I was led to believe it is from the timing case cover and that's why it takes a while to do the job; because the belt, pulleys and all the rest has to be removed/replaced.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #62
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshvee
I must say im really supprised to hear about all this stuff. Dealers ripping Ford off, Ford cheating customers (the long bolts bit) this is shocking. I now see why FPVs and HSVs are not seen as the unique works of art they should be. Even their manufacturers treat them like mass made rubbish. I guess the quest for the all mighty dollar blinds the pride in your product.
It's not just Ford/Holden though. My mate bought a new Cayman S, something like $180,000 on the road with the options, including an imported suspension fitted by the dealer before delivery. He recently found out they use the compliance date to determine the cars age, guess what? the car was built 18 months before the compliance date. The import the car, leave it in bond and when someone buys it, they compliance it and pay duties etc
He's extremely ****ed off and it's now in the hands of the lawyers.

But thats not all, he just payed $1K for a routine service, a day later the car doesn't start, call's Porsche assist which he payed extra for and they have never heard of him. Gets that sorted, bloke comes out and finds two totally dead cells in the battery. Mate checks the service and sure enough it says tested battery.

But it doesn't end, he finds out it's a known problem and Porsche were warranting the battery so he goes back to the dealer, hassles them about the service not picking up a dodgy battery then asks for it to be replaced under warranty. Nope, we can't warrant your car because you have a modified suspension, this is despite the very same dealer fixing quite a few items under warranty previously AND they installed the suspension (from Germany) assuring him the warranty wouldn't be void, while selling him the extended warranty.

The Porsche is certainly better engineered, uses better materials and better built than the Falc but they still have problems just like the Falc.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #63
Busted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
I noticed a film of oil on the head next to the power steering pump on my FG F6 and a small pool on the garage floor. I took it to my local dealer and they agreed that their is a leak from the timing cover (due to over-length locating bolts.

This problem has been posted before, but I was astounded when they told me they had taken photos of the leak and forwarded them to Ford for "approval to be rectified". AND, if there had not been a drip hanging off the bodywork, then Ford would not pass it!!!

So much for their much vaunted “Customer Care”!!
WOW.
How far can this thread go considering that the first post said that ford aproved the repair as it was a leak.

Now as I work in a dealership a can tell you that the story that they gave you "they had taken photos of the leak and forwarded them to Ford for "approval to be rectified"is BS. they don't need to send photos for this type of work. Photos are only used for body or paint defects.
Busted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #64
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted
WOW. How far can this thread go considering that the first post said that ford aproved the repair as it was a leak.

Now as I work in a dealership a can tell you that the story that they gave you "they had taken photos of the leak and forwarded them to Ford for "approval to be rectified"is BS. they don't need to send photos for this type of work. Photos are only used for body or paint defects.
Interesting... looks like someone is telling porkies...

Old 21-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #65
nb_351
building the xe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDterri
dont take it on the chin Pedro, My Father in laws XR6T had a small leak which Ford claimed was a weep and therefore not covered, my Father In law started ranting off to the dealer principal in front of prospective customers in the show room, amazingly they fixed it under waranty.
funny how that works isnt it lol
when i worked at nissan, they wouldnt hesitate to fix something even less of a problem than an oil leak...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #66
Wally
XP Coupe

post deleted by me

Last edited by Wally; 21-08-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 11:54 PM   #67
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Money? inconsistent seal??
Bingo. About 5 bucks cheaper per car to use silicon rather than a gasket.

And of all the bolts in the front cover only 1 or 2 of them can bottom out, all the others go straight through and come out the other side. I think the story of long bolts is just bollocks. Its the inconsistency of the silicon applicator robot thats the problem if you ask me. Its unreliable.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #68
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
post deleted by me
Lucky you did that wally because you were about to get hammered....

Old 23-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #69
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
WOW.
How far can this thread go considering that the first post said that ford aproved the repair as it was a leak.

No it doesn't. My thread starter says the photos have been forwarded to Ford for approval. So far, that "approval" has not been forthcoming.

I will put your information about photos to the dealer and let you know what they have to say.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #70
Starter Motor

I took my FG for its first service and they told me it had and oil leek that you could only fine if you knew where to look and you could only just see it, they booked the car in and fixed it without any problems.
70773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #71
mick_gc
Starter Motor

Ford warranty really is quite bad.

My 6 week old F6 Ute spat a tailshaft CV (a well known and documented problem, which Ford has actually produced uprated parts for) and they wanted me to wait for 6 weeks for parts. For an Australian built car. They are still using these defective parts on the production line today as well. No recall, just wait till it brakes. . .

Once my car had reached Ford and I was told of the length of wait (was approx, could have been even longer) I ordered the F6 out of there and went straight to a Driveline shop

No oil leaks yet though!
Custom Chrome Moly Driveline and CV's
mick_gc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #72
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, Ford finally gave the go ahead and my timing cover oil leak was fixed yesterday.
However the problem with the Cruise Control is still ongoing and as it doesn't show up as an error code I've taken the matter up with FPV ....
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #73
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
WOW.

Your wrong Sorry. Ford / FPV are chasing pics to approve oil leak repairs.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #74
justgjt
Starter Motor

Default Re: Ford's policy on oil leak in FG F6

Can anyone tell what is exactly involved in rectifying this leak.

Is it a matter of removing and shortening the bolts without removing all the other components and re-torquing it back up or does it all have to be all removed, cleaned and new silicon applied and put back together with shorten bolts ?

Can a paper gasket be using in lieu of the silicon gasket ?

Thanks for any info ; )
justgjt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post