Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #61
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperau
Mmmm, will a unichip type c fix the shift points after the speedo change?
no...

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #62
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

What would a 2001 XR8 220 A4 (Auto) pull on 0-100 and 1/4 time?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #63
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U
What would a 2001 XR8 220 A4 (Auto) pull on 0-100 and 1/4 time?
somewhere between a 14.7 and 14.8 usually

Old 18-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #64
tquarrell

I'm a little tired of the "wannabe's" in there fiddled falcon sixes sledging the xr6t's. Compare apples with apple's, stock to stock, modified to modified and stop kidding yourself. 13 year old with a carolla? try 22 yr old with a T. As for those of you that are happy with your old cars, great, just don't bother telling me how much better a cammed exhausted whatevered SOHC 6 is better than a GT40 turbocharged DOHC 24 valve version of the same engine!
tquarrell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #65
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tquarrell
I'm a little tired of the "wannabe's" in there fiddled falcon sixes sledging the xr6t's. Compare apples with apple's, stock to stock, modified to modified and stop kidding yourself. 13 year old with a carolla? try 22 yr old with a T. As for those of you that are happy with your old cars, great, just don't bother telling me how much better a cammed exhausted whatevered SOHC 6 is better than a GT40 turbocharged DOHC 24 valve version of the same engine!
I'm sorry? Did someone put a big pin in your ego and stop bowing down to the XR6T as the god of all Fords?
Sure its a good car. We all except that. Its also very fast.. cant deny that either. In fact its probably in the top 3 most value for money peformances cars in Australia. I personally think its a better buy (performance wise) than any V8 and almost any other car.
But lets put aside this massive ego issue that some of the XR6T boi's seem to have developed for some facts.
No, BA's were NOT the first Falcon ever made
No, XR6T's were not the first performance turbo I6 invented
No, not everyone likes the "sales rep generic friendly" design of the BA.
No, the XR6T will never sound as good as a NA I6.. and not even close to any sort of V8
No, a 12 second XR6T, while fast, will not attract the same acclaim as a 13 second XD-AU.. any idiot with a couple grand can walk into about 10 different performace houses and say "make it fast". The XR6T is such a capable car that its a no braininer making it a 12 second car. Its as easy as making bread. All the ingrediants are so well documented that its childs play.
Now go do the same with a NA I6. Not so easy huh?

So enjoy you car, relax and make the most of it... just like god knows how many other satisfied XR6T owners doddling around the streets. We'll enjoy our cars. They may not be as fast, may not be as pretty and may not be as common.. but you know what? I'm betting that the vast majority of modified AU's on this site get more respect and more attention from other AU owners than XR6T owners get from their peers. Why? Because we have to "create" our cars. We have to take them out of a mould that is not well liked and turn them into something at catches peoples eyes. The fact of the matter is that, while being powerful and successful (much like the sales reps that drive them) the XR6T is as common as muck, generic, dated and generally boring. It may stroke your ego but.. shock horror... have a look around. Everyone over 25 is basically seeing right through you as they have seen them before.. probably 6 or 7 cars ago another passed them was basically the same. Then watch the same persons head almost swivel off their neck when a hot looking X, E or AU series car comes past. Why? Because it stands out. Because they were not the same vanilla flavoured "factory beast" that the XR6T is and therefore have been personalised.
So, in basically your words:
As for those of you that are happy with your new, "seen one seen them all, any tool can make them go fast" cars, great, just don't bother telling me how much better a factory built, factory bodykitted, mass produced turbo'd whatever is to car that has been personalised and loved and "created" out of a entusiests own dreams and hard work rather than just going into a dealer/performance shop with a wad of cash and an ego to stroke.

This is the aufalcon.com forums... come in here spewing ego garbage how crap every other car is and you'll find you just entered a tank fight carrying a BB gun.
I have MANY friend that own BA/BF's, many of which are XR6T's and F6's. The vast majority are insanely fast and truely amazing. Yet none have to put other cars down to enjoy it. The majority also agree that to make a NA I6 impressivley fast take far more work and dedication that just applying the same old std issue mods that will make any XR6T a street rocket that is almost untouchable.
So yes, we all know the XR6T is a great car... but some of the egos driving them are still tools.

Last edited by Casper; 19-02-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old 18-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #66
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
I'm a little tired of the "wannabe's" in there fiddled falcon sixes sledging the xr6t's. Compare apples with apple's, stock to stock, modified to modified and stop kidding yourself.

Ok to compare apples with apples find a turboed AU and compare times to a turboed ba.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #67
stiddy
Banned

lol umm tquarrell - you got :
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #68
Pol
Polnamos Karnew

Casper, wow. Makes me wonder what JC did that was so bad? I certainly haven't seen any posts like that one from tquarrell from JC, but Bucky tells me he was banned for seemingly no reason, and tquarrell is still allowed on! How does that work?

I think anyone that posted similar to tquarrell's (does the T stand for "To") above post in the XR6T forum (if there is one, haven't seen one yet) would be removed immediately.

AUs are the main ingredient in BAs anyway, so arguing that one is better than the other is just silly - it's like an evolution of a species. Of course the later model is always going to be newer, and perhaps faster etc, but it doesn't mean it's better. Sometimes survival of the fittest (ie sayong only the better or best should survive and nothing else matters) actually creates a race of savages, instead of a well refined, cultured species that actually believes there is a place for the weak as well as the strong.
Pol is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #69
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol
Casper, wow. Makes me wonder what JC did that was so bad? I certainly haven't seen any posts like that one from tquarrell from JC, but Bucky tells me he was banned for seemingly no reason, and tquarrell is still allowed on! How does that work?
I wont go into the ban on JC on a public thread. I wasnt involved however the decision was made and I will support the mod/admin decision 100%.
As for tquarrell.. that post may be ignorant but its certainly not a "bannable offence". If ignorance was a bannable offence I'd have probably banned over 1/2 the forums.. including myself... many times over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol
I think anyone that posted similar to tquarrell's (does the T stand for "To") above post in the XR6T forum (if there is one, haven't seen one yet) would be removed immediately.
Possibly.. but who would be that stupid to post something as inflamming as that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol
AUs are the main ingredient in BAs anyway, so arguing that one is better than the other is just silly - it's like an evolution of a species. Of course the later model is always going to be newer, and perhaps faster etc, but it doesn't mean it's better.
Correct. The BA is a great car.. but not without fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol
Sometimes survival of the fittest (ie sayong only the better or best should survive and nothing else matters) actually creates a race of savages, instead of a well refined, cultured species that actually believes there is a place for the weak as well as the strong.
If it were survival of the fittest then the BA should be worried.. its precieved reliability is certainly no better then any other Ford since the EB.

Old 18-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #70
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Quote:

mate you really sound like one of the AU/BA tossers that look down your noseat owners of older performance Falcons.
A real car enthusiest should appreciate the car for what it is, yes it is an older car, but it laid the groundwork for your T.

And to be honest without thr turbo on your car, most of our "old" cars would probably be faster anyway.

/me steps down off soap box.

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 10:23 PM   #71
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
just don't bother telling me how much better a cammed exhausted whatevered SOHC 6 is better than a GT40 turbocharged DOHC 24 valve version of the same engine!
Yeah same engine. My AU has the same engine as the BA. Yeah good one. Just between you an me, i think it's time to turn down your boost. It's not good for you.

Casper, I can feel 1 dumbass barbie avatar coming up :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #72
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKFD6
mate you really sound like one of the AU/BA tossers that look down your noseat owners of older performance Falcons.
A real car enthusiest should appreciate the car for what it is, yes it is an older car, but it laid the groundwork for your T.

And to be honest without thr turbo on your car, most of our "old" cars would probably be faster anyway.

/me steps down off soap box.

I dont mean all AU and BA owners are Tossers.
Just the oens who think they are better than teh rest of us.
;)

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 18-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #73
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I dont mean all AU and BA owners are Tossers.
You do too :
Old 18-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #74
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Hahah, only ones who drive Black cars.
;)

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 18-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #75
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Yeah same engine. My AU has the same engine as the BA. Yeah good one. Just between you an me, i think it's time to turn down your boost. It's not good for you.

Casper, I can feel 1 dumbass barbie avatar coming up :
: Exactly how much boost does an XT have?
Quote:
I'm 22 now, bought my first house at 19, graduated uni last year and now can pretty much buy any car I like, but am sticking with the BA XT. From my experience, you're best putting as little as possible into cars, especially to begin with. I paid cash for the car ($20k), but could have gone overboard and got a T. Problem is insurance fuel etc etc. So my advice is don't be in a rush to spend money on cars, put it into other (productive) things and you'll be better off. Also, as they say, a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. I'd recomend getting the cash out of your car, getting a loan for the new (cheap) car, and investing the spare cash. Plenty of time for expensive cars later.
Obviously not a hell of a lot:
Quote:
an auto xt is 7.7 sec, manual 7.2 sec (sedan 4.0 I6)

Turbo I6 lover... but not speaking from ownership experiance. Exactly who is the wannabe?
Quote:
try 22 yr old with a T.. I'm assuming that would be XT?? :

Old 18-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #76
buickman
buickman

Buying his first house nowdays at 19? Graduated by 22 in what a arts degree? Can buy anycar he wants at 22 yeah sure.

I personally think you would not have had enough working history to buy a house a new car & study without a lot of help from mum & dad.

Plus your bagging people that like to modify older cars as well as new ones.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #77
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
13 year old with a carolla? try 22 yr old with a T. As for those of you that are happy with your old cars, great, just don't bother telling me how much better a cammed exhausted whatevered SOHC 6 is better than a GT40 turbocharged DOHC 24 valve version of the same engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
You're right on the money Casper:

Quote:
Interested in modding my xt sedan
and more recent:

Quote:
Has anyone fitted extractors and kept the standard cat & back exhaust? What sort of gains did you make? Also interested in if anyone has fitted an xrt exhaust to an NA.
He's implied in other threads that it's an XR6 NA, and in this one that it's a T. Not to mention - the enquries have been about moding his NA engine!

Then again, he could have bought an XR6T in the 1 week or so between posting about his XT and now his XR6T... :yeees:

Last edited by Deadman; 19-02-2006 at 12:03 AM.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #78
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Quote:
: Exactly how much boost does an XT have?

Obviously not a hell of a lot:

Turbo I6 lover... but not speaking from ownership experiance. Exactly who is the wannabe?

Or he has big debt.

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 19-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #79
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Or he has big debt.
apparently not.... :nutsycuck
Quote:
I'm 22 now, bought my first house at 19, graduated uni last year and now can pretty much buy any car I like, but am sticking with the BA XT. From my experience, you're best putting as little as possible into cars, especially to begin with. I paid cash for the car ($20k), but could have gone overboard and got a T. Problem is insurance fuel etc etc. So my advice is don't be in a rush to spend money on cars, put it into other (productive) things and you'll be better off. Also, as they say, a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. I'd recomend getting the cash out of your car, getting a loan for the new (cheap) car, and investing the spare cash. Plenty of time for expensive cars later.

Old 19-02-2006, 12:24 AM   #80
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

OK, i should read a bit more.
;)

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 19-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #81
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Speaking of AU performance....I'M BAAAAACK!!!

TQ post is a bit weird given that he's been asking about modding his XT (calling it a T???), and then bagging AU owners for doing the same. My AU XR is still quicker than his XT, and that's with me running LPG!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #82
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Welcome back mate, how was your holiday?
To be honest, id rather a Nice BA XT than a BA XR anyway.
And being N/A you get more pleasure out of getting big power, not just turning up the Wick.

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 19-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #83
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Thanks Kerry - yeh, it was good. Can't comment too much in the open forum. :monkes:

In NA form, the XT is quicker than the XR6 due to lower weight. Both are quicker than a stock AU XR6, and I guess that's what TQ is trying to say. But how releavnt is a stock to stock comparison on this forum? Whose car is still stock? LOL.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 19-02-2006, 01:48 AM   #84
xd5.8l
Banned

Lets stop the squabbling and see ten years from know who will still be burning up our roads. I can tell ya the single cam six and the venreable little windsor (to a greater extent) will be going around alot longer then these later cars.
The I6 was never designed to rev alot harder then 5,500 rpm because of the stroke and length of the crank being the main restricting factors. So single cam for me.
The WINDSOR well I could harp on about it for an eternity. The dude from G&D performance loves the little things and has fond memories. I rest my case
:
xd5.8l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 10:38 AM   #85
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I wasnt actually putting down the BA/BF's abilitys at all. All I was saying is that Falcons have been around for 30 odd years, many of these models were fantastic, others not so great. The end result is that some of the "not so greats" have become looked on much brighter as history goes by as people realise the car itself was something special. Other, more popular models, have not survived so well. The XD, a watershed in design, is one example. It was raved over when it arrived (much like the BA) and sales were strong. So strong it set the groundwork for the XE to take over 1st place in sales. Yet looking at it now it is massively flawed and, given the choice, the XB would be more peoples choice even though it was no where near as popular at the time.

Anyhow, all I'm saying is for all those people out there that seemed to have forgotten the 30 year history of Falcons before the BA.. jsut remember it is one of many "next big things" and history is yet to have its ravages on it. Lets see what happens in 10, 15 and 20 years. Thats when its worth and appeal will be proven.

Old 19-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #86
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Speaking of AU performance....I'M BAAAAACK!!!

TQ post is a bit weird given that he's been asking about modding his XT (calling it a T???), and then bagging AU owners for doing the same. My AU XR is still quicker than his XT, and that's with me running LPG!
Who lets the dogs out. Sheesh, no one is safe, especially my post count. Might have to get you banned again :
Old 19-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #87
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Who lets the dogs out. Sheesh, no one is safe, especially my post count. Might have to get you banned again :
From what I've been told, that won't be too hard. I will be watching you Bucky!

Old 19-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #88
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I'm sorry? Did someone put a big pin in your ego and stop bowing down to the XR6T as the god of all Fords?
Sure its a good car. We all except that. Its also very fast.. cant deny that either. In fact its probably in the top 3 most value for money peformances cars in Australia. I personally think its a better buy (performance wise) than any V8 and almost any other car.
But lets put aside this massive ego issue that some of the XR6T boi's seem to have developed for some facts.
No, BA's were NOT the first Falcon ever made
No, XR6T's were not the first performance turbo I6 invented
No, not everyone likes the "sales rep generic friendly" design of the BA.
No, the XR6T will never sound as good as a NA I6.. and not even close to any sort of V8
No, a 12 second XR6T, while fast, will not attract the same acclaim as a 13 second XD-AU.. any idiot with a couple grand can walk into about 10 different performace houses and say "make it fast". The XR6T is such a capable car that its a no braininer making it a 12 second car. Its as easy as making bread. All the ingrediants are so well documented that its childs play.
Now go do the same with a NA I6. Not so easy huh?

So enjoy you car, relax and make the most of it... just like god knows how many other satisfied XR6T owners doddling around the streets. We'll enjoy our cars. They may not be as fast, may not be as pretty and may not be as common.. but you know what? I'm betting that the vast majority of modified AU's on this site get more respect and more attention from other AU owners than XR6T owners get from their peers. Why? Because we have to "create" our cars. We have to take them out of a mould that is not well liked and turn them into something at catches peoples eyes. The fact of the matter is that, while being powerful and successful (much like the sales reps that drive them) the XR6T is as common as muck, generic, dated and generally boring. It may stroke your ego but.. shock horror... have a look around. Everyone over 25 is basically seeing right through you as they have seen them before.. probably 6 or 7 cars ago another passed them was basically the same. Then watch the same persons head almost swivel off their neck when a hot looking X, E or AU series car comes past. Why? Because it stands out. Because they were not the same vanilla flavoured "factory beast" that the XR6T is and therefore have been personalised.
So, in basically your words:
As for those of you that are happy with your new, "seen one seen them all, any tool can make them go fast" cars, great, just don't bother telling me how much better a factory built, factory bodykitted, mass produced turbo'd whatever is to car that has been personalised and loved and "created" out of a entusiests own dreams and hard work rather than just going into a dealer/performance shop with a wad of cash and an ego to stroke.

This is the aufalcon.com forums... come in here spewing ego garbage how crap every other car is and you'll find you just entered a tank fight carrying a BB gun.
I have MANY friend that own BA/BF's, many of which are XR6T's and F6's. The vast majority are insanely fast and truely amazing. Yet none have to put other cars down to enjoy it. The majority also agree that to make a NA I6 impressivley fast take far more work and dedication that just applying the same old std issue mods that will make any XR6T a street rocket that is almost untouchable.
So yes, we all know the XR6T is a great car... but some of the egos driving them are still tools.
see what happens when you vist them northen states......
Don"t hold back matey out: tell us what you really think.......
lol Whoosha....

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #89
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Bs

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Buying his first house nowdays at 19? Graduated by 22 in what a arts degree? Can buy anycar he wants at 22 yeah sure.

I personally think you would not have had enough working history to buy a house a new car & study without a lot of help from mum & dad.
I agree! He is full of it, or/& mummy & daddy have a lot of money which could explain some of the narrow minded comments about different models. When it comes down to it both Au's & Ba's have a blue oval badge, the difference is Au owners are generally not sheep, we don't follow the herd & get more pleasure out of modifying our cars. Value for money an XR6 Turbo is fantastic value BUT give me a TE50 anyday! They are now around 30k!
Old 21-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #90
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Well that was good reading. And an inspiring speech from Casper, i was waiting for the shark to come out from behind and eat him ('deep blue sea' anyone!!). Really quarrell could have made his commments without giving them such poorly chosen angst and direction. it's like my me ten years ago claiming the sega gamegear was better than the nintendo gameboy... exactly the same thing... hell if i had the money tro buy a F6 or XR6T or even a typhoon then yeah i'd do it but i'd keep the AU as a project