Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #61
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol atleast you still got laid dishpig. you gotta do what i do and scout for good places before hand!! otherwise your driving around for an hour in the dark trying to find a good spot lol ive got a nice one along a trainline on sydney's northshore not far from my gf's house which is lit with orange lamps, but protected all around by trees from both the road and the trainline giggity giggity
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #62
trburnard
Landau: Coming Soon

as a 17 year old removalist working as an offsider for my step dad we pulled up to a set of lights on south road in Adelaide. The car (forget which type) in the lane to our right was being driven by a not so unattractive lass who was giving herself some "personal attention" whilst parked at the lights waiting to turn right. I'm near on climbing over my step dad to get better look (as you do) when she notices our mugs hanging out the window. She gets all embarrassed and takes off through the still red light narrowly missing oncoming traffic. That was probably the stupidest thing she's ever done!

1973 Landau (Original 22000 mile survivor)
trburnard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #63
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

lol how good is that one, a real typical blonde lmao that that is awesome !
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #64
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

gees this thead soon died :-(
Old 09-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #65
ELtim
Six One Eight

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11216420

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #66
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

lol that is so cool ! i should but my tow bar back on !
Old 22-09-2008, 01:02 AM   #67
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I can pull my car keys out of the ignition while the car is running. I thought i'd be a smart guy and go to work without them in the barrell. This was all well and good until i got to work went to turn my car off and there was no keys in the ignition. Needless to say, i had to return home to get them even though i was already late.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #68
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

This thread is a classic...
I remember getting 'special cuddles' from the ex while parked in a supposedly deserted carpark, that was until the night shift workers started at 3am. It's funny how they all rocked up at once too.

Another time i pulled up next to a guy in a bright pink supra and giving him crap about having a pink car, mostly relating to his lack of masculinity and the fact it was full of guys. I got chased and all sorts of random stuff non stop for 2 hours for that one, but damn it was funny!

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 04:13 AM   #69
devilfutura96
EF FUTURA 4.0

Red face

It was about 1982 just put a new holley carbi on my then xa gs coupe took it out for a test drive only to land in some body's bedroom at end of street. moto of story is to make sure linkage is connected correctly to carbie. end result 3000.00 damage to house. my pride an joy written off. and to top the day off my future father in-law happen to be going past the accident on he's way home. what he said to me latter well thats another story and yes he's still my father in-law : :
devilfutura96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 05:49 AM   #70
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Me and a mate driving his 265 hemi CL Regal on the grass near Melbourne Airport viewing area chasing rabbits in the middle of the night. (This was 16 years ago)Crashed into a massive ditch at around 60kmh and wrote it off, lucky to be alive........creased the roof on the car. Lets just say the TowTruck driver was laughing his a@@ off when he turned up.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #71
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

hahaha I love how a lot of these have to do with special time with the missus.

I had the usual giving the missus one in a new subdivision only to have a police car blast their high beams on us. Sorta got out and the officer asked, 'what ya doing mate.' I said uhh uhhh what does it look like..."You shouldnt be here."...I replied, "can I have 10 minutes longer?"

The nice officer smirked and then said I'll be back in 15mins to check on yas. And yeah, finished off and cruised.

BUT that's not my stupid story.

Probably my stupidest moment would be trying to be a drift king with a chick in my car, came flying out of a T-junction and fed it into the car, didn't realise the road was a bit greasy, car went 90 degrees to the left, over corrected and spun it around, only to have a a few cars slamming on their chocks and narrowly missing me. Last time I ever try to be a hero. Just about pooped my pants.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #72
Bad Bird
Watts a panhard.

Quote:
Had a VL ages ago that had a worn steering wheel. I figure pffft who needs a steering wheel puller, thats what our muscles are for. So off goes the horn pad and wheel nut, I'm pulling and pulling breaking a sweat then next thing i know Im seeing stars from the steering wheel that just slammed up against my face
Replace face with teeth and then I have a lesson that I won't forget soon. Bloody hell that hurt.
Bad Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 11:19 AM   #73
outback_chick
*CHIXUTE*

I love it how most of these stupid stunts are guys acting like...guys......
perving on chicks..."special moments" with the missus.... and trying to be impressing the chicks with ego driving skills.......most stupidest thing I ever did.....

Quite funny how distracting us females can be...... LOL
outback_chick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #74
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Having fun in circular motion in the local reserve in my mates Jeep Cherokee, not knowing the handbrake was still up...

Was for a good few minutes too.. Damn it smelt bad afterwards, lol!

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #75
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

I got my car BEACHED on a curb on a car cruise LOL ...

Came into the car park n was having a "heated Discusion" with my female passanger, didn't even see the curb and i turned too quickly to cut the corner and got her stuck up on the curb haha ... needed afew of the boys to give me a guard lift to get me off :( :(
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #76
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Been done in in carparks with the missus acouple of times too :( :( ... Security Gaurd in the Macca's at Elizibeth LOL, and Police at some lookouts haha ...

Worst one though was in a Park that we met up at alot, was fine, we'd stay there for hours ... then one night .. security locked the gates on us ... so thats the last time we ever went there haha
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 22-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #77
paddy351
Ford Nut

The funniest moment for me was one night I was taking a girl out and she couldn't wait till we got home. So i pulled over my datto and we lumbered into the back and after the tune up we got out and my left hand tyre was flat and my spare was at home . I had to call a mate to get a spare. After that every time she said is the spare in the boot i knew what her plans were !!
Old 22-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #78
4VCLEVO
XA GT

On a deserted back road in country vic, I desided to wind the falcon out to top speed. I got to about 200kph and the tail sharft snaped in half. Half the tail sharft spat out the back of the car, the other half shot through the floor and lodged it self in the back seat. The result was a long 10km walk to get mobile service to call for help, and a long weight for help to arive as I was about 150km from home.
4VCLEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #79
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA thats GOLD

(Paddy351's)
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
Old 22-09-2008, 12:58 PM   #80
4VCLEVO
XA GT

At a mates house and I was driving out the driveway when he called me back to the house, so I reversed back up the driveway and he wanted me to leave a burnout down his driveway and down the road. Only to happy to help, I dumped the clutch forgetting it was still in reverse and the gearbox blewup.
Old 22-09-2008, 01:08 PM   #81
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ahaha your lucky you didnt go through his garage!
Old 22-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #82
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3RSAC3
I got my car BEACHED on a curb on a car cruise LOL ...

Came into the car park n was having a "heated Discusion" with my female passanger, didn't even see the curb and i turned too quickly to cut the corner and got her stuck up on the curb haha ... needed afew of the boys to give me a guard lift to get me off :( :(
haha i had to help a dude with a HQ ute that was trying to get out of a carpark same reason, he had to go over the kerb coz some nut in a prado had parked him in.

Lucky it was at a footy grand final and there were pleanty of meat heads around to help out
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #83
4VCLEVO
XA GT

I bought a XC GS from melbourne and decided that I would drive it the 550km trip back to mildura. Thing is that I didn't bring any tools as I was assured by the previous owner that the car was mechanicly sound and would do the trip to mildura easerly. At around 15km past the Grand tourer shop in melb the U-bolts on the driverside diff snaped off and left the body of the car draging along the ground. We spent the next hour trying to find a shop to buy some spaners and then going to the GT shop and paying through the for 2 genuine ford U-bolts.
Old 22-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #84
xgtford
X FACTOR!!!

4vclevo i really feel for you that day your tail shaft broke must have been real sucky
Old 22-09-2008, 01:33 PM   #85
rexeka
Eka

This one happenened to a mate of mine a few years back when you could put petrol in your car without continuously holding down the trigger.

Brand new VL Turbo commodore,
while the car was filling up with petrol he went inside to pay.
came out, hoped into his car, took off.

The petrol bowser twisted until the hose ripped out,
the hose then swung around and wiped out a whole stand of Mobile One Synthetic oil.

He was very emabarassed and out of pocket $$$$$.
Old 22-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #86
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What were the oil containers made from? glass? lol
Old 22-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #87
xgtford
X FACTOR!!!

found this on the net today i bet this was the silliest thing this driver ever did!!!!

Old 22-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #88
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
What were the oil containers made from? glass? lol
Being the 80's I dare say they would have been glass.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #89
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Stupidist thing I did to my car - Bought it!

Single, young (well youngish) guy; I know why dont I buy a large, expensive family sedan :togo:

I'd of sold it by now if I hadn't fallen in love with the 3 valver's torque :

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #90
xy500
Constant annoyance

one of the stupidest things i ever did was to attempt to teach the mrs how to do a snakey in a dirt carpark in the middle of nowhere, we ended up getting the commo wagon bogged and had to walk for a while to find an old fisherman in a little jimni who somehow managed to tow us out.

i used to have a habit of taking my 2wd merc down 4wd tracks, never had an issue until one particularly boggy day, got the car stuck - beached on its belly in the sand after about 20m.
the car load of mates and i spent the night sleeping by the car waiting for someone to come along to help us out, got woken up at 2am by some drunken fisherman (they're always willing to help) and after some abuse and having the mercedes called a volvo a dozen times they pulled us out, by this time we were pretty well set up in the sand dunes so we slept there till morning.
surf wasnt even any good after all that.
xy500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post