Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #61
Nova 8

Default Re: A COURT ruling has cast doubt on police powers to randomly pull over motorists, the ABC has reported.

sounds to me, do as you are told immediately and without question or be shot. But to what end?
Old 24-09-2014, 09:54 PM   #62
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: A COURT ruling has cast doubt on police powers to randomly pull over motorists, the ABC has reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Its a Police State and they should be going after muslims not everyday Aussies....
Stupid, if not racist, comment!
Old 24-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #63
The Monty
Just slidin'

In saying that though, I can gaurantee that more police have been stabbed in the last 10 years in Queensland by non muslims.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #64
Nova 8

They should be going after criminals not law abiding citizens. IRA were terrorists and Christians, targeting Muslims as a whole will help no one.
Old 24-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #65
Gazzax

I'm not a big fan of being pulled over for no reason, I had a cop pull me over in my xy , the first thing I asked was what did I do he said nothing but thought my lpg tank was out of inspection date when I showed him I had just had it tested he got ****** demanded I open the bonnet could not find any thing wrong then eventually defected me because I had fitted a shaker and had not put the brace kit on the bonnet yet. You know because bonnets with out brace kits are killers. That I think is poor police behaviour, conversely got pulled over the other day cause I was slightly over the speed limit but really he just wanted a chat about my car he thought maybe my speedo was out and wanted to let me know that's what I call positive police work. So I geuss it will always be good cops and tosses.
Old 24-09-2014, 10:49 PM   #66
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

In light of the current "issues", I couldn't give a rats if I'm pulled over ten times a day!
I've got nothing whatsoever to hide..
This crap about police states etc? Geeesh...
It ain't 1940 Germany!
I'm just bloody glad that I aint a cop in these difficult times.. Hellava job methinks?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #67
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
Your Honour is a bit much, sir will do in future.

So the different style of writing, font and text wasn't enough? If you're looking for a sense of humour folks, don't waste your time on this guy

Plus, if you really take what the Queensland copper said as 'comply or be shot' you are a total alarmist. They are just saying 'don't be surprised if we've got guns and we are more strict'. If something does go down in light of the recent threats, I'd want the people who are there to protect me to be suitably armed no ifs or buts.
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #68
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Stupid, if not racist, comment!

muslims are believers in islam, therefore the makeup of muslims comes from many different races of people all over the world.

your comment is wrong to the effect of using the term "racist" in this instance. the term you are looking for is "bigot", which in itself would mean that muslims are quite openly guilty of this term themselves and even taught it by their leaders in their places of worship.

stupidity comes in many forms...
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2014, 11:22 AM   #69
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

And racial/religious comments have no place on this forum anyway all....back on topic please.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #70
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
And racial/religious comments have no place on this forum anyway all....back on topic please.
very true, and i trust some of your fellow moderators will follow what you say as well.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #71
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I like how some people say how good old school coppers were. They would just sort things out (sometimes violently and some times creatively).

But then these same people complain about being hassled by todays over reaching police force.

its a double edged sword.

ut remember, cops have to deal with the dregs of society and probably have more than their fair share of bad days - its to be expected.

I am no fan of the police state but remember its the politicians that run the place. So next time you get pulled over for some stupid offence, ask yourself - did I vote for the govt that put this law in place?

I am sure the answer will be yes (if you voted liberal or labor - they are the same). So what are you going to do about the real problem...........
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #72
blk6t

I think also it doesn't matter which government gets voted in, any government in power would be very stupid to make a visible reduction of Police presence and interactions on the roads when road safety such a big community issue.
Old 25-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #73
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

I agree with what you said but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.zissou View Post
I am sure the answer will be yes (if you voted liberal or labor - they are the same). So what are you going to do about the real problem...........
Nobody else answer this. It is outside the Forum Rules and we've already been warned about it on this very page of this thread.

Quote:
Posts about or containing references to: religion, race, politics, sensitive or controversial subjects except at the discretion of the admin team.
1 vote for locking this thread because it has drifted off being mainly motoring-related more than a page ago (and I'll admit I'm partly to blame).
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post