Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2021, 09:26 AM   #61
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default Re: 2023 Z06 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
Firstly I never write "crap" when making a statement of fact, as you so eloquently put it, now or ever!

Contrary to your absurd and ignorant agenda, and your facile infantile abuse, what I wrote was unequivocally 100% correct and factual.

An intelligent person would simply correct any errors of Fact, which you are obviously incapable of doing.

For your benefit, I could alert you to another FACT that the 6.2L Commondoor is 24% larger than the 5.0 Mustang, which even with a conservative rating of 339Kw is 36Kw or 11.9% more powerful than the massive 6.2L, despite being 1.2L smaller.
you are aware the LS3 360kw out of the box right, just de'rated by the softwear.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #62
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
The shorter engine architecture was required for FWD applications, the RWD 4.6, 5.4 and 6.8 were add ons but ended up being the main game

Yes they designed it to cater for FWD. But the weird thing is I don't think they ever made a V8 FWD. Or at least, none that I can recall.

The only one I can think of was the 3.4 V8 SHO Taurus, but that wasn't a modular.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #63
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I need to buy a house instead of a Corvette I think
But Franco, Ye can't drive ye house to work ! (yes I concede Ye house won't accumulate demerit points)

I doubt anyone on this forum would be considering a Z06. Recent generations the intended focus is similar to the Porsche GT cars (track toy/ Driving events).
Like the 911 turbo instead of the GT2/3, the normal Vette makes a lot more sense for daily driving.

Consequently they're not typically a daily driver. The queue to buy won't shorten because someone has to get valve adjustments more often.

The LT5 in the C7 ZR1 i think was over 750hp from 6.2 Litres. and I'm pretty sure one can buy a 1100hp LT5 crate motor from GM

I suspect its closer to the (more recent) Ford GT then it is the mustang GTs
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post