Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #61
JaguarDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish2
For a car to be roadworthy the brakes need to outpower the engine at wide open throttle.
done many roadworthy tests? That's not in any roadworthy procedures that I'm aware of.
JaguarDave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:14 PM   #62
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarDave
ever watched motor racing? Those that have done it for more than five minutes will remember plenty of incidents where blown engines under trailing throttle have caused broken rod caps to hole the sump and throw oil on the road causing the rear wheels to lose traction and a possible crash to ensue, Wayne Gardner at bathurst was one that comes instantly to mind as does anothery in the eighties with The Captain.

Have that happen when a throttle jams in your road car down Mt Victoria or somewhere similar and it'll likely be more than a small price you'll pay........
Obviosuly written by someone who has no concept of diesel engines, let alone electronically controlled diesel engines.

Just for the recond elctronically controlled diesel engines have been around in truck engines since the mid '80's.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #63
JaguarDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
Obviosuly written by someone who has no concept of diesel engines, let alone electronically controlled diesel engines.

Just for the recond elctronically controlled diesel engines have been around in truck engines since the mid '80's.
Those comments of mine that you quoted were in relation to irish2's attack on the manner in whihc FgNewbie handled a downhill experience with a stuck throttle in an XD, now as far as I know an XD is neither a truck nor a diesel so I'd appreciate it if you could perhaps draw me a simple picture of how my quote has any relation to electronically controlled diesel engines cos I'm just too inept to see the correlation.......
JaguarDave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #64
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
done many roadworthy tests? That's not in any roadworthy procedures that I'm aware of.

Ok I was wrong it is not a requirement of a roadworthy. The person to whom I was speaking was a truck design engineer. He told me it was a requirment for all vehicles to produce more stopping G force than acceleration G force. I'm not sure whether it was an ADR or his companies requirement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoIIT0WJS4s
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 AM   #65
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Those comments of mine that you quoted were in relation to irish2's attack on the manner in whihc FgNewbie handled a downhill experience with a stuck throttle in an XD, now as far as I know an XD is neither a truck nor a diesel so I'd appreciate it if you could perhaps draw me a simple picture of how my quote has any relation to electronically controlled diesel engines cos I'm just too inept to see the correlation.......
Simple really - this thread is about claimed issues with Ford Ranger Cruise Controls, so keep it on topic and confusion won't happen.

Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #66
tuco
Starter Motor

Default Re: Another Ford Cruise Control issue

On topic thread continues ....
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=3703166
tuco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #67
Buntz
Straight Eight

Default Re: Another Ford Cruise Control issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjase
Ahh no not really - everyone picked on the guy who was on the news last year for not being able to stop his Ford when his cruise control locked on.

Most called it a hoax or said "It couldn't happen" called him a liar ---- maybe now might believe that these things can and do happen.
There is a gear marked 'N'.... And it doesn't stand for "Nothing".