Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: do you care / what are you doing about it
i dont really care 92 88.46%
i donate money for planting trees 2 1.92%
what do i owe to the enviroment? 7 6.73%
i purchase carbon credits 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #61
Aeron
DJR Fan

Im like auslandau, I own 2 big cars. One with a 5.7litre V8 and one with a 6.0litre V8. Does it look like I care? :
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #62
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
Buy tofu - you will sleep at night peacefully
hahahaha nice.. idiot lol

But yeh its interesting seeing ppl's reactions to this topic
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #63
Grasshoppr
GTI ist ehrfürchtig

Whilst I pretty much sit on the fence this you tube video is interesting...

You Tube Link

I do my little bit but I am not here to save the world either. My race car does a far bit of polluting

Our Events cater for all types of people.
Grasshoppr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 06:45 PM   #64
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

i almost hit my computer gee hes annoying
Old 08-02-2008, 11:07 PM   #65
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gz1
It's not that I really don't care, It's that I think that all this carbon thing is a huge farce. It really does not matter what we humans do the influence of us putting carbon in the atmosphere is far too small to have any significant effect. pollution is a totally different thing though and some people tend to get the two confused.
And for the record I think in a few years when the climate cycle changes this will either all go away, or we will be bombarded with "global cooling" instead.
I think it was Time Magazine or such that had the front page 20 odd years ago screaming that their would be massive changes in earth's climate, no water, crop yeilds 10% of the size of that current day, etc, etc, scare, scare, scare.

The global threat? You guessed it, Global Cooling!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #66
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=MRJUCY]FUN FACTS about CARBON DIOXIDE

Good post!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #67
hypnodoc
Its All In Your Mind

This, the C02 myth, is all a load of crap started by Al Gores 'An Inconveinient Untruth". In the UK now the courts have ruled that if a teacher wants to show the movie to school kids they must be given a sheet of paper citing citing that there is no scientific evidence anywhere throughout the whole film.
There is climate change going on but NO GLOBAL WARMING and climate change has always gone on. The IPCC has 19 scientists that decide what lies the UN publish about it. Check out the US EPA website most of what the media are saying is a 100% antithisis of whats really going on. The IPCC ensure that 20,000+ scientists trying to tell the truth about C02 can't get heard. This is all emotionally inspired drivel about money via carbon credits. I can understand fully why Howard and Bush wouldn't sign the Kyoto Protocol. Baldy has signed it and fitted us taxpeyers up to the tune of some 36 billion dollars a year. It would have cost the Yanks almost 400 billon and yet cow farts emit more C02 into the atmosphere every day than cars. Anybody who pays carbon tax is a damn fool IMHO

Xtreme Tuned: 375 RwKw (502 RwHp) & 820 Nm:
Whhooooooosssssssshhhhhh
HSV HUNTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA Phoons 013 and 333 Gone
hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #68
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

what foot print.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #69
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

IMO (reading up on both sides) is that global warming is natural and not a result from CO2 emissions. So checked the I don't care as its the closest thing to it.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #70
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All this information here is biased, comon guys you are all car enthusiasts and the people on the global warming side are raving on. Unless either side comes up with some solid facts this is just some rambling. HOPEFULLY i should be looking into this more later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnodoc
This, the C02 myth, is all a load of crap started by Al Gores 'An Inconveinient Untruth". In the UK now the courts have ruled that if a teacher wants to show the movie to school kids they must be given a sheet of paper citing citing that there is no scientific evidence anywhere throughout the whole film.
There is climate change going on but NO GLOBAL WARMING and climate change has always gone on. The IPCC has 19 scientists that decide what lies the UN publish about it. Check out the US EPA website most of what the media are saying is a 100% antithisis of whats really going on. The IPCC ensure that 20,000+ scientists trying to tell the truth about C02 can't get heard. This is all emotionally inspired drivel about money via carbon credits. I can understand fully why Howard and Bush wouldn't sign the Kyoto Protocol. Baldy has signed it and fitted us taxpeyers up to the tune of some 36 billion dollars a year. It would have cost the Yanks almost 400 billon and yet cow farts emit more C02 into the atmosphere every day than cars. Anybody who pays carbon tax is a damn fool IMHO
Where did you source your information from? Give us a reference and we can check up if its credible or not.

I don't agree with carbon tax and like that, but i do believe in trying to cut CO2 emissions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.

Last edited by 90sFTW; 12-02-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post