Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 PM   #61
TE50pilot

I was not having a go at anything you said. You yourself said basically the goodie two shoes of the world would not allow what you have suggested and you are correct in that. Mainly there would be a whole lot of other issues both legal and mental with exposing people to what you have been trained for. Although I don't believe anyone is trained to see dead children and families wiped out by some moron be they old or young .
To tell you the truth I thought the same way as you but then after dealing with the youth of today what I find is some just don't care. Some with even a loved one dying just dont care. They think of no one but themselves. I have seen a recent case of this and I am just appalled by the attitudes shown.
I understand what you are saying about their lack of respect for authority and agree. But this is rife throughout society. Not just young but middle ages as well.
Society has changed from 30yrs ago and not all for the good. Values have changed and unfortunately we are dealing with some of the me,me,me generation at the moment. This is not only showing on the roads but in other areas as well. I will say though the majority are great kids and can be proud of themselves.

I suppose I was harsh on the teens and early twenties and yes we should not give up as it is an ongoing process. I apologise to you guys I do have a 19yr old and 22yr old at home and they both stress the hell out of me.
But I still think as far as driving andother areas you mentioned a concerned start the attitude training early and in schools.

Drinkers profile

WHISKY/JACK DANIELS
He doesn’t give two $hits about anything and will hit anyone who will get in his way of getting laid.

JIM BEAM
Not as masculine as the whisky drinker, knows all about feminine activities (knitting, crochet etc.) to weasel himself into getting laid.

Last edited by TE50pilot; 12-11-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: spelling. probably didn't get them all
TE50pilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #62
Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
How easily your life can change through just stupidity.. 108 in a 70 zone, loose control, hit a tree and kill your best mate.
Your court case drags on for over 6 years, then you go to jail for 5 1/2 years.. but you cant ever change the fact that you killed your best friend..
108 in a 70 zone is not that high, I have known some cases way worse and they got 12 months, this jail time seems harsh, I know he was speeding but if he was doing like 160 or more, plain stupid, but most of us would have done 40 over the limit many times over time.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #63
4VCLEVO
XA GT

At the end of the article it says, "Somebody had to be accountable and that is what has been achieved."
I know from my own experiance that when ever I did silly things in a car with a passanger, the passanger was just as much into doing whatever we were doing in the car as I was, and if I wasn't the one driving, the passanger would of been in the driver seat with me in the passanger seat doing the same thing.
What I've said may not be the case here, as I don't know the people involved in this incident.
What I am saying is if the passanger had of said "slow down, stop being an idiot", then the accident may never have hapend. I know I would of slowed down if the passanger told me to.
4VCLEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #64
Rob's 76 Effy
Lion Tammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG Turbo Ute
108 in a 70 zone is not that high, I have known some cases way worse and they got 12 months, this jail time seems harsh, I know he was speeding but if he was doing like 160 or more, plain stupid, but most of us would have done 40 over the limit many times over time.
What do you mean thats not high, 38k's over might as well be 40, and lets not forget someone was killed and was not his first offence, i'm sure if the case hadn't drag on for so long the penalty might have been more
"When you push a car past 180mph, the world starts to get awfully fuzzy. When you go past 200mph it actually blurs. The Bugatti Veyron is mind-blowingly, stunningly brilliant. It deserves 12 stars. Simply as good and as fast as it gets"
Don't drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
Rob's 76 Effy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 08:39 AM   #65
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That 70 zone could have been a straight road that you could easily do 100km/h on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #66
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

another way would be parents taking control and taking them to go carts,car events bush paddocks to help restrain the beast ,its only cool because its illegal .i hooned that much in the bush ,that i was quite restrained on the road .i 2 have lost a few friends they were in general very inexperienced .L- p- open lets tear the streets up.scare tactics would help but get the driving part sorted first ...my 2 cents
Old 13-11-2008, 09:28 AM   #67
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
another way would be parents taking control and taking them to go carts,car events bush paddocks to help restrain the beast ,its only cool because its illegal .i hooned that much in the bush ,that i was quite restrained on the road .i 2 have lost a few friends they were in general very inexperienced .L- p- open lets tear the streets up.scare tactics would help but get the driving part sorted first ...my 2 cents
I agree with your post wholeheartedly. I have paid for my son and his gf to use my car at a skidpan event that our club is holding. Whilst I most likely will have a bit of a go (mind you, 5th time there for me), I will be encouraging both of them to really get out there and learn but also to have fun and realise the road is not the place.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #68
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
As for what to do. It appears that jail is not a deterrent, although I agree with jail time, completely. Fines don't work, look on this a forum for example, how many complain about the cost without mentioning "I had better slow down then". Confiscating cars does not work but it is a good start.
Maybe its time to really start taking people's license away, and I mean something that will make it hurt. Like 5 years. People will prob still continue to drive but then ream them with jail time. Might be a bit extreme but prob be good for serial offenders.

Mind you I would increase loss of license for drink drivers.
Also for people who run red lights I would give them a two strike policy (these people are just as big idiots as "hoons") if you get pinged a second time loss of licence.
Old 13-11-2008, 08:47 PM   #69
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TE50pilot
Mainly there would be a whole lot of other issues both legal and mental with exposing people to what you have been trained for.
There is absolutely no training in the Diploma of Paramedical Science on how to deal with traumatic scenes, no lectures, no video, nothing. The only training is learning to cope. This is a scene that you are never trained for nor prepared for.