Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #61
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Default Re: This is total BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
No.
In a fair world if you were maligned unfairly then you would be cleared and not out of pocket. Leave that litigation garbage for those in the USA.
Read Trublu's experience before you go any further with the garbage of "not being out of pocket".
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #62
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hate when people throw crap out their car windows but some people will abuse this app.
Sitting in traffic few weeks ago and the idiot in front decided to throw rubbish out the window. No concern that they are in traffic. Imagine what they do when no one is around. Probably happy to dump a trailer load of crap up the bush. It was caught on my dashcam showing vehicle plate and everything but it's too much effort to report though. Screw going to court to argue that they did it.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #63
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
As some one who is exactly 1 X Quarter ponder meal away from the nearest maccers drive through I think its fantastic

next time that fat bald dick head in his FG with Jax quickfit wheels, tosses his maccers crap out the window on my nature strip (most afternoons) I'll get his rego and wack it in to the app
Nah Just need to ride a bike...... The last clip is very appropriate since its the maccas example you used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo3cVuvVRUE
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-04-2015, 11:20 PM   #64
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Sooo, who's going to be first to Dob in the Hells Angles down the road for their noisy Harley's, and see if the EPA turn up there
Old 30-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #65
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Nah Just need to ride a bike...... The last clip is very appropriate since its the maccas example you used:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo3cVuvVRUE

Ha I love this video.
I was close to doing similar at a red light last weekend. Guy next to me in the passenger seat rolled his window down and threw his lit cigarette out the car. For some reason the disposal of smoke butts like this really irritates me. And what is embarrassing is that many years ago I used to be that guy. I can't imagine how many times I littered on my way to and from work, I never used my ashtray. The intentional dropping of maccas out the window in the vid is pretty disgusting.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #66
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My opinion on this sort of stuff if YOUR NOT THE POLICE,YOU DONT WORK FOR THE EPA,or related authoritys.MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS.Society has gone into soft,dobber nosey parker mode .GET ON WITH YOUR OWN LIFE.
kazawaki is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #67
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
My opinion on this sort of stuff if YOUR NOT THE POLICE,YOU DONT WORK FOR THE EPA,or related authoritys.MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS.Society has gone into soft,dobber nosey parker mode .GET ON WITH YOUR OWN LIFE.
Very easy to say if you don't live on a suburban corner block whereby the intersection is constantly being used as a burnout pad and the street is apparently a drag strip...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #68
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Read Trublu's experience before you go any further with the garbage of "not being out of pocket".
Read it thanks before I wrote my last reply. I sympathise with his case.
Have you written to your local member with your concerns?
Cheers
Bill
Old 30-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #69
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Sooo, who's going to be first to Dob in the Hells Angles down the road for their noisy Harley's)
Do you mean the 45 or 90 degree ones?
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 04:28 PM   #70
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx000 View Post
Do you mean the 45 or 90 degree ones?
............. Bugger. Mental dictionary blackout.
Old 30-04-2015, 04:53 PM   #71
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
But isn't the quality of my surrounds, the dangerous drivers, the smoking exhaust, the litter in the streets part of my own life, it becomes my business, I tell you now those things do affect my life adversely.
For example If I urinate on your letter box, while drunk, one night do you mind your own business or act?
Now if your a 5 foot tall, 45 kg person are you going to come out screaming or pick up the phone, happy snap or email the relevant Authorities?
Sooner or later those living outside the acceptable norms of our society may get the picture and pull their heads in.
Again, if you behave within the norms of society you've got nothing to worry about.
And I work on the theory that because we are seeing more of these type of Joe public led reporting systems suggests to me Joe average wants to clean up the community.

JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 05:09 PM   #72
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpblue1000 View Post
For example If I urinate on your letter box, while drunk, one night do you mind your own business or act?
JP
If I saw you do it I’d tell you to bugger off you filthy mongrel but I wouldn’t bother calling the Police.

Now you're stepping into the realm of someone's personal property.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #73
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Very easy to say if you don't live on a suburban corner block whereby the intersection is constantly being used as a burnout pad and the street is apparently a drag strip...
There are definitely some people who are justified into taking it to the authorities and this type of behaviour is a perfect example.

For most of us we are lucky enough not to have to deal with this kind of carrying on.

There will always be extremes that deserve escalation but most things we see can be easy ignored.

Do we really want to become a society that watches, judges and reports each other?

Remember the loss of liberties starts small and grows as people become desensitised.

What next, dob in someone for jay walking?
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 05:28 PM   #74
tonys6550

In my experience, Those that are most vocal about such subjects are usually those that are most susceptible to persecution through knowingly doing the wrong thing.

I'll jump down from my high horse now
tonys6550 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #75
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
If I saw you do it I’d tell you to bugger off you filthy mongrel but I wouldn’t bother calling the Police..
you may not call the police, Im guessing your a tall bronzed Aussie bloke, but how would someone less self assured stand up for themselves in this type of scenario?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Now you're stepping into the realm of someone's personal property.
We all own the public realm, who is standing up for it. Whose calling the litterer, polluter, anti social prat a filthy mongrel? you step of your land your in all of our property, look after it for all of us please.

JP
Old 30-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #76
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
But isn't the quality of my surrounds, the dangerous drivers, the smoking exhaust, the litter in the streets part of my own life, it becomes my business, I tell you now those things do affect my life adversely.
Now if your a 5 foot tall, 45 kg person are you going to come out screaming or pick up the phone, happy snap or email the relevant Authorities?
Sooner or later those living outside the acceptable norms of our society may get the picture and pull their heads in.
Again, if you behave within the norms of society you've got nothing to worry about.
And I work on the theory that because we are seeing more of these type of Joe public led reporting systems suggests to me Joe average wants to clean up the community.

JP
What a great excuse for not paying the bills on time, someone ****ed in my letter box, look here's the proof!

If you want law and order, then give back to the cops the authority to manage trouble makers, instead the laws get watered down and applications take their place, as a consequence society becomes even more a bunch of snitchy weasels
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #77
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
you may not call the police, Im guessing your a tall bronzed Aussie bloke, but how would someone less self assured stand up for themselves in this type of scenario? JP
I’m short, old, bald and fat with a big mouth and if you’re saying it would escalate to physical violence then I hope my wife calls the undertaker to take me away followed by the Police so they can download a copy of our driveway security footage for the thug’s entertainment.

I don’t advocate violence but that doesn’t mean I’m intimidated by every Tom, Dick & Harry and if human nature has turned so bad that I’m taught such a severe lesson over telling someone not to urinate on my property then if there is ever a next time, I’ll hose it down the following morning but still wouldn’t bother calling the Police.

Quote:
We all own the public realm, who is standing up for it. Whose calling the litterer, polluter, anti social prat a filthy mongrel? you step of your land your in all of our property, look after it for all of us please.JP
There is a big difference between making a complaint about your own property and making one about public property or every transgression you see.

My argument will always be, how far does the public get involved in policing our state before we become a Police State?

You are obviously motivated in that direction but I see the cure as becoming the disease.

I'd prefer to leave Policing to those that are paid to do so.

Not every criminal is caught.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #78
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
What a great excuse for not paying the bills on time, someone ****ed in my letter box, look here's the proof!

If you want law and order, then give back to the cops the authority to manage trouble makers, instead the laws get watered down and applications take their place, as a consequence society becomes even more a bunch of snitchy weasels
Holy hell in a handbasket, we agreed again, twice in two days.
But, whose going to pay for the increased police presence, and all the other things the letterbox ****ing public wants.
Many complain about our average 'high' taxes, what are they going to be like if we fund compliance authorities adequately?
We don't want to pay more tax or give up other benefits from being a taxpayer we might consider taking on some of the lesser direct policing tasks ourselves to better maintain the standards of our society. just like grandpa used to do when he clipped the local lout behind the ear for being a dick.
Who looks at the teenager with their feet on the seat and quietly mumbles to themselves, goes home ashamed they did or couldn't do anything.
I don't and if I could do it without incurring the wrath of the teens friends Id take it.
I agree evidence and proof should be on the 'dobber' but who doesn't have a mobile phone with video today!

JP
Old 01-05-2015, 12:21 AM   #79
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Holy hell in a handbasket, we agreed again, twice in two days.
But, whose going to pay for the increased police presence, and all the other things the letterbox ****ing public wants.
Many complain about our average 'high' taxes, what are they going to be like if we fund compliance authorities adequately?
We don't want to pay more tax or give up other benefits from being a taxpayer we might consider taking on some of the lesser direct policing tasks ourselves to better maintain the standards of our society. just like grandpa used to do when he clipped the local lout behind the ear for being a dick.
Who looks at the teenager with their feet on the seat and quietly mumbles to themselves, goes home ashamed they did or couldn't do anything.
I don't and if I could do it without incurring the wrath of the teens friends Id take it.
I agree evidence and proof should be on the 'dobber' but who doesn't have a mobile phone with video today!

JP
Hey I don't mind paying higher taxes as long as I can see the benefits for the public instead of being squandered by bureaucrats.

PS: But I do hate the snitches we have in society, no need for it.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #80
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Hey I don't mind paying higher taxes as long as I can see the benefits for the public instead of being squandered by bureaucrats.

PS: But I do hate the snitches we have in society, no need for it.
I guess its a case of who do we hate the most, the person committing the bad act or the one doing something to prevent it...

JP
Old 01-05-2015, 03:23 AM   #81
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I guess its a case of who do we hate the most, the person committing the bad act or the one doing something to prevent it...

JP
The ones who can't mind their own business!
Old 01-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #82
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Back to minding their own business argument, you drop litter in my street where my family lives and kids play you make it my business!
you pour arsenic into the water system that my family drinks and bathes in becomes my business
your car blows smoke into the air I try to breath it becomes my business.
As it becomes your business if my actions are potentially or actually harmful to you and your family

Jesus Id hate to live around some of you lot, Im guessing you accept littering etal because you do it freely yourself.

Just not in my corner of the world please peoples.

JP
5 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #83
superyob
Banned

Quote:
How is this possible when the wrong doing is relentless? I bet even you have a tipping point...
Old 01-05-2015, 12:31 PM   #84
xwgs302

I can understand your first two arguments jp, but the third about cars blowing smoke into the air you try to breathe sounds silly. That logic would ban motor sports, burnout comps etc cause an engine may blow up and just happen to pollute the air you breathe while it's heading to the pits.
cs123 raised a good point about the struggling single mother getting by. People don't drive smokey cars just to annoy you and others, they have no choice. My first car blew some smoke, but hey, I was only getting just under $100 bucks a week as a first year apprentice and only just getting by. I guarantee a lot of people on the forum grew up on a shti box with leaky rings cause maybe they weren't privileged enough to have a new car at the time.
xwgs302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #85
superyob
Banned

I've never driven a 'shti' box xwgs302! Are they a new Hyundai model?
Old 01-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #86
xwgs302

You know what I mean lol.
xwgs302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #87
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Back to minding their own business argument, you drop litter in my street where my family lives and kids play you make it my business!
you pour arsenic into the water system that my family drinks and bathes in becomes my business
As it becomes your business if my actions are potentially or actually harmful to you and your family

Jesus Id hate to live around some of you lot, Im guessing you accept littering etal because you do it freely yourself.

JP
Pouring arsenic into the water system, yeah I’m sick to death of that myself.

Your postings are becoming too emotional, if you step away and regroup your thoughts you’ll possibly find a stronger level headed argument.

When I see a cigarette being dropped in the street in most cases it’s by someone on a footpath and not so much being flung out a vehicle window. Look around the entrances to shops, commercial buildings and bus stops, that’s where cigarette butts congregate these days before they wash into our waterways. The last time I asked someone not to smoke next to me at the bus stop I was threatened, it’s not my job to police that.

Our local McDonalds has a trail of litter that radiuses out through the surrounding streets and is mainly left by the kids as they make their way home after school, I don’t see much being thrown from cars.

When do we get apps for these litters and hopefully to make it easier for us to dob them in they’ll all be forced to carry and present identification and we can all get a little bit more Nazified.

I see the occasional vehicle getting around blowing smoke and usually those I notice are doing a very good job of it. So good that if I can see it so can the authorities and therefore they shouldn’t need me to interject.

Public servants are suitably trained and paid to police society and this appears to work quite well.

If not then why aren’t we knee deep in rubbish and falling down in the street choking on fumes?

No amount of policing is going to stop some people from doing the wrong thing, no amount of public involvement will change that either.

We as a society may not jump down the throats of everyone that drops a piece of paper, a cigarette butt or whatever misdemeanour tickles your fancy but we also don’t tend to involve ourselves in the bigger issues like poverty, human rights, environmental destruction and government sanctioned polluters.

Governments know this and use these types of tricks to distract the weak minded, it’s no different to invoking the racist card or violence in the street to divert our attention away from their own lack of competence. Divide and conquer.

You may hate to live around people like me but I know for sure I’d hate to live around people who were watching my every move and waiting to pounce.

I agree with the others that believe the policing of laws should be left to public servants and not become a vigilante exercise where the only people that will get involved will mainly be those with mental or anger issues.

My streets are not so awash with pollution where I need to be policing it, if yours is then why not start lobbying your local politician and demand some action.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #88
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

sweet
noisy bikes will soon be a thing of the past!
how long should this take?
by the end of the year you reckon??
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #89
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz View Post
years ago every rubbish bin had an ashtray, now they complain about butts around the bins.

years ago cars had ashtrays, now they complain about them being thrown out the window..
rocket science at it's best.
Quit?
Old 01-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #90
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

JP

I think LoudPipes last post says it well, what concerns me this sort of behaviour can lead to Vigilantism which is not nice when people take the law into their own hands.

Should be encouraging your Governments & local councils to be more proactive on littering & pollution.