Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 30-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #61
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default Re: looking for a used car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
Your own words give you away Hulk...
Maybe it gives them away...

The way I assess a thread is as follows....

1. Is the OP trying to sell something or push a product, if so keep your hands up in a guarded fashion and wallet as far away as possible.

2. Is the OP trying to diagnose their own specific car problem? If so offer some help, but also note if they contribute to others issues or if they go cold if they don't need anything (leeches) some don't have the courtesy to report back on the issue and how it was resolved... They just go cold leaving threads unresolved.

3. If not any of the two above scenarios, drop you guard and have some innocent car related chat. My threads fall into this category, harmless, innocent car related topics with some light hearted jest. Costs you nothing. Like organising car meets

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 30-06-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 30-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #62
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
3. If not any of the two above scenarios, drop you guard and have some innocent car related chat. My threads fall into this category, harmless, innocent car related topics with some light hearted jest. Costs you nothing.
A little bit of thrown in...
Old 30-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #63
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Quote:
...There is some light hearted humour, I NEVER target anybody on here on a personal level, instead level them with some facts about a particular topic. However I field a fair bit of abuse but I have thick skin knowing most of them are just bitter because they have high km, roughie cars etc. Sort of like trying to argue with a drunk, I wont engage. ...
Even though you may think you don't, you do insult and target some members. Above is perfect example.

IMO being part of a community is being aware enough to think about how your posts may be taken by others. What you (and some others) may think is in some cases light hearted humour, some others may take offence.

Think first, post second.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
3 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #64
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Oh I don't know. I once owned a '64 prince Skyline GT.
Went like a rocket (back then) and the sound of the air going into the triple Webber's made your knees tremble.

Of course if you wanted to go around corners fast it was a different story
It was my poor attempt at humour based on a spelling mistake (sky rine).

A Skyline is definitely a car worthy of some garage space.
Old 30-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #65
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Maybe it gives them away...

The way I assess a thread is as follows....

1. Is the OP trying to sell something or push a product, if so keep your hands up in a guarded fashion and wallet as far away as possible.

2. Is the OP trying to diagnose their own specific car problem? If so offer some help, but also note if they contribute to others issues or if they go cold if they don't need anything (leeches) some don't have the courtesy to report back on the issue and how it was resolved... They just go cold leaving threads unresolved.

3. If not any of the two above scenarios, drop you guard and have some innocent car related chat. My threads fall into this category, harmless, innocent car related topics with some light hearted jest. Costs you nothing. Like organising car meets
Never have I heard a push bike free-wheel working so hard in my life as it is in this back-pedal.

Maybe if you didn't get abusive/condescending/insulting/etc. you're 'light hearted' threads might actually succeed.

There's a reason you've been banned so many times.....
This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2015, 01:32 PM   #66
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter View Post
Even though you may think you don't, you do insult and target some members. Above is perfect example.

IMO being part of a community is being aware enough to think about how your posts may be taken by others. What you (and some others) may think is in some cases light hearted humour, some others may take offence.

Think first, post second.
And you guys think THAT excuses the way you treat someone? Some of You bully and offensively reply constantly in these threads. Most of the time yous are LOOKING for these agendas your talking about. I know they're there but in comparison to the offence yous lay out its nothing but harmless dribble that yous go to town on like children.
Old 30-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #67
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

And another topic disappears.

If you constantly put down or offend large groups of people they will take you to task.
Hence why the majority of these threads quickly run downhill. You reap what you sow.
9 users like this post:
Closed Thread