Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #61
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Yes I will, but the taste is horrible, so gum is often at hand.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #62
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

I have quit smoking for the past 3 weeks or so. The only thing I dislike about other people smoking now is that i love the smell of the stuff and i'm afraid it might sway me back to it. To be honest, I wish it was banned, it would save everyone money and would be alot healthier. Because I know smoking is bad for me, but some addictions are so hard to overcome. Although, this time, I'm amazed how easy i'm finding it.
If i was to date a girl who smoked, I'd probably become a smoker again. But really, for love, I wouldn't care less if my partner smoked.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #63
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke..
who the hell cares if somone smoke, im a smoker and have had a few people break it off because i smoke, but hey there loss, im not gonna quit smoking because somone tells me to, its my choice to smoke and if im going to quit it will be because I want to, i wish people would pull there head outa there ****'s and realise that people who smoke arn't diseased.
very true. I hated being frowned upon by other people. Maybe everyone who eats maccas should be frowned upon too. LOL. me included.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #64
KELDO_XR8

Not diseased, just stupid. although i agree its a smokers right to do so if they want, i just think its the dumbest thing anyone can do. especially young people of today. like what was said earlier, with all the other junk floating arround out there, why would you shove a cancer stick down you neck as well?

It just doesnt add up to me. If people want to smoke, thats fine. just dont do it arround me. but thats never the case is it.

Back on thread though, if my girlfriend said she didnt want to quit and was never going to, it'd be bye bye. but she's trying and i respect that.
KELDO_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #65
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Every shiela I've been out with who's smoked was when I was smoking. I've only been with the final wife since I've given up, so I'm not sure. Probably wouldn't worry me though.

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #66
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordACE
very true. I hated being frowned upon by other people. Maybe everyone who eats maccas should be frowned upon too. LOL. me included.
It's like the people who eat hambugers and pizza's for lunch, then drink only diet coke . :evil_laug Like thats gonna help :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #67
RapidTypLady
RapidTypLady

I date someone who smokes and I am a reformed smoker. I am just happy that he respects not to smoke in the house or the New FPV we have. Other than that anyone who wants to smoke go crazy. Everyone has some bad habits dont they?

MODS SO FAR

Herrod Zorst, Herrod BOV, Herrod Suresix, Herrod Lowered Springs,
BMC Hi-Flow Filter,

Xtreme High flow cat, Xtreme 4"
dump pipe, Xtreme Ceramic Clutch, Bigger Injectors, Xtreme Edit & Tune

300+rwkw :
RapidTypLady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #68
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*Edited by Moderator*

But if shes drop dead gorgeous, smart and is fully into me well then oh well you have to make sacrifices in life sometimes dont ya? :P

Last edited by Sourbastard; 11-10-2005 at 03:38 PM. Reason: vulgar insulting etc etc
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:36 PM   #69
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
*Edited by Moderator*

But if shes drop dead gorgeous, smart and is fully into me well then oh well you have to make sacrifices in life sometimes dont ya? :P
LMFAO.... :

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Last edited by Sourbastard; 11-10-2005 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Quote of the above
Old 11-10-2005, 03:44 PM   #70
Luke..

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELDO_XR8
Not diseased, just stupid. although i agree its a smokers right to do so if they want, i just think its the dumbest thing anyone can do. especially young people of today. like what was said earlier, with all the other junk floating arround out there, why would you shove a cancer stick down you neck as well?

It just doesnt add up to me. If people want to smoke, thats fine. just dont do it arround me. but thats never the case is it.

Back on thread though, if my girlfriend said she didnt want to quit and was never going to, it'd be bye bye. but she's trying and i respect that.
Everything these days cause's cancer, there is a basic rule of life, you will get cancer, and anyway they're not cancer stick, everyone is born with cancer cells throughout there body, they are jusy laying in wait to be activated, what about the chemicals used in food, alot of them have cancer activating potential, drinking alcohol can cause cancer of the liver, if you dont like people smoking around you then leave, unless its your house/car, just because someone smokes doesnt make them a bad person, instead of whinging about smoking and wasting money trying to make people quit, why not ban the freaking things? oh yea thats right, because this country makes an extrodinary amount of money from the tax on smokes. so in a way smokers are paying for alot of services that both smokers and non smokers use. back on topic, if your that stuck up that you wouldnt go out with a smoker, i think you should get a reality check, there are worse things in this world than kissing a smoker
Luke.. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #71
CruizinEB
Banned

all in all i think being a smoker is the same as being a drunk,they reek of it, at least smokers wont kill any one when there driving home from the pub
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #72
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Ive been with Steve for a few years now, he smokes I dont. Im used to it, doesnt really bother me. Sometimes I find if I'm in a room with a few people smoking it gets a bit much, but generally it's fine. I think you just get used to it...

I don't see why it would stop you from going out with someone though...I think you're selling yourself short if you say youre not going out with someone because they smoke.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:06 PM   #73
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
*Edited by Moderator*

But if ...
Awww it wasnt that bad _
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #74
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
But what part of the classification of the "girl of your dreams" is a non-smoker?

Certainly is for me - and i've got her. She might not be perfect to someone else, but to me she is. Extra benefits includes that she works at Ford and loves driving a manual V8 :monkes:

Mate if the girl of your dreams loves you doesn't matter if you pick your nose scratch ya butt or let one rip under the doona she loves you for being you and glad you have found here parawolf

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
perthxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:43 PM   #75
RapidTypLady
RapidTypLady

Default Not a truer word was spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
Mate if the girl of your dreams loves you doesn't matter if you pick your nose scratch ya butt or let one rip under the doona she loves you for being you and glad you have found here parawolf
Not a truer word was spoken perthxr6t and you know it _2:

MODS SO FAR

Herrod Zorst, Herrod BOV, Herrod Suresix, Herrod Lowered Springs,
BMC Hi-Flow Filter,

Xtreme High flow cat, Xtreme 4"
dump pipe, Xtreme Ceramic Clutch, Bigger Injectors, Xtreme Edit & Tune

300+rwkw :
RapidTypLady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #76
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke..
oh yea thats right, because this country makes an extrodinary amount of money from the tax on smokes. so in a way smokers are paying for alot of services that both smokers and non smokers use.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the total cost of smoking related health problems on the Aussie community far outways the tax the government earns from tobacco products. But I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM   #77
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the total cost of smoking related health problems on the Aussie community far outways the tax the government earns from tobacco products. But I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong.
wish i could reply to this , but i cant , doh doh doh : : : : : :

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #78
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des

It's cool, stay in your seat.

Ooops... source: http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/c...98/98cib16.htm
Old 11-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #79
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura

It's cool, stay in your seat.

Ooops... source: http://www.aph.gov.au/library/pubs/c...98/98cib16.htm
yes this is off topic but thankyou 4.9 ef futura save me doin it

Still to come DIVORCE
Old 11-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #80
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEV EB XR8
I thought all smoking stopped in nightclubs 3 years ago in vic ?
Smoking isn't allowed, in vic, where food is being served. But as soon as "dinner time is over' people can smoke. But eventually in a couple of years all smoking inside pubs clubs etc will be banned.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #81
nang3

yep ive been with a smoker before and would do it again... it probably helped that she was a lesbian and i somehow made her want to give men a go, so i could put up with the smoking in order to achieve the holy grail of conversion hehe..

probably also helps that she wasnt a pack a day boozehag either haha
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 05:10 PM   #82
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Smoking isn't allowed, in vic, where food is being served. But as soon as "dinner time is over' people can smoke. But eventually in a couple of years all smoking inside pubs clubs etc will be banned.
cheers mate ,

Still to come DIVORCE
Old 11-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #83
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Quote:
2. COSTS OF SMOKING TO THE COMMUNITY *
It was estimated that in 1992, smoking cost the Australian community $12,736 million. Of the tangible costs, 58% are borne by the individual, 35% by business and 7% by Government. This estimate includes direct and indirect health costs, tangible and intangible costs and costs attributed to passive smoking. Proportionally, the cost of smoking in WA for 1992 would have been $1,339 million, equating to an annual cost of $4,097 per smoker in this Sate. Added to these economic costs is the emotional and psychological price paid for smoking. As noted by Australian health economists Collins and Lapsley (1996), pain and suffering cannot be costed in dollar terms but this in no way diminishes the significance of such immeasurable costs.

Check out : here
Unfortunately they only have costs as at 1998

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 11-10-2005, 05:18 PM   #84
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Quote:
2. COSTS OF SMOKING TO THE COMMUNITY *
It was estimated that in 1992, smoking cost the Australian community $12,736 million. Of the tangible costs, 58% are borne by the individual, 35% by business and 7% by Government. This estimate includes direct and indirect health costs, tangible and intangible costs and costs attributed to passive smoking. Proportionally, the cost of smoking in WA for 1992 would have been $1,339 million, equating to an annual cost of $4,097 per smoker in this Sate. Added to these economic costs is the emotional and psychological price paid for smoking. As noted by Australian health economists Collins and Lapsley (1996), pain and suffering cannot be costed in dollar terms but this in no way diminishes the significance of such immeasurable costs.

Check out : here
Unfortunately they only have costs as at 1998
So 58% of the $12b is borne by the smoker.... $5.04b borne by "the community" with a magical figure calculated for intangible and indirect costs...

But of course this is all off topic
Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 PM   #85
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
So 58% of the $12b is borne by the smoker.... $5.04b borne by "the community" with a magical figure calculated for intangible and indirect costs...

But of course this is all off topic
Not "the smoker" but the "individual" in the community, that's all of us.

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:

Old 11-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #86
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Back on topic - I am an ex smoker – haven’t had a smoke in 3 or 4 years now and would never ever start up again.

I don’t like to think of myself as shallow but I don’t think it would be possible for me to date a smoker. The smell of smoke just turns me right off and I have no real desire to stick my tongue in an ashtray.

Just for the record I also wouldn’t date someone with BO or Bad Breath and I definitely wouldn’t date someone who smelt like stale ****! But hey that’s just me and my high standards…

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 06:12 PM   #87
nang3

hehe Tori your a champ haha.. that post made me laugh esp the bit about bad breath BO and stale ****..

Im a reformed smoker too, and i was worried about the whole ash tray effect, but surprisingly it was almost unnoticeable..
I dont think smoking would be enough to put me off a girl if i thought she was my soul mate.. its a small sacrifice to make to be happy and im sure one day she would quit..
nang3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:23 PM   #88
XR6ISM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
True words put perfectly Mr Bastard!..... We have a bunch of nancy boys here, don't we?? All IT boys living in their bubble?... Gawdddd GET real guys

OI..... you dont think thats a bit harsh.... not ALL IT people are geeky looking, classes wearing, Nancy boys !!!!!

PS, dont mind if a girl smokes (or drinks for that matter), moderation is the key. I should add that i quit smoking a while back, it does smell bad but people need to tolerate each other.
The Phantom Express, manual & member of the 300+ rwKw club (thanks Autotech). APS phase 2+, AWC phoon bar, 18's, Leather, FPV Pedals, Sports Steering, BOV, and 1 mean mother f#*ker of an exhaust (thanks Best Mufflers).
XR6ISM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #89
XR8GRL