Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #61
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Wanna know what really ИИИИs me off. Im a peaceful kinda guy but afew times ive been waiting in traffic to move forwards and a bloody motorcyle wizzes past me, inbetween lanes and cars... no biggy until yesterday when one of these lane jockey's decides my mirror would look better off hanging off!!!
Mate I have your plate number and believe me when i see your bike, expect to see it standing on its handlebars, with tyres in the air!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #62
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
What ИИИИes me off?

- My mother who refuses to work, refuses to do housework, refuses to cook or do any grocery shopping, while my Dad works two jobs, does all the housework, cooking, shopping etc.... and she abuses him, puts him down to her friends, my friends, anyone she meets, accuses him of not managing money (when he doesnt spend a cent but she racks up massive credit card debts) and she demands dinner when HE walks in the door at night, after SHE sat on her backside watching cricket all day on the digital foxtel he paid for, shopping all day in her new car he paid for, playing on the new computer and ADSL he paid for .... and then chucks a wobbly when he says he is just going to get them takeaway that night because he is too tired to do anything else....

- My mother, who refuses to give us a hand by picking our kids up from school. She lives literally 5 min from their school, but because she is too lazy, they go to after school care and we pay a small fortune for them to go there

- My Dad for not leaving her.

- My brother, who is 33 this year, lives at home with my Mum and Dad and who refuses to work. Dad pays for all of his expenses, board, clothes, food, LOTS of alcohol and the medical bills from the gout that he has from drinking too much, pays for his car and fuel and rego and insurance, pays for his private health insurance and bought him a $6K video camera and tripod for his hobby... well Scott broke the camera in a fit of temper over something, and threw it... Dad organised for the insurance company to have it repaired, paid the excess etc, etc... but it took two weeks for the place to get the parts to fix it... Scott demanded my Dad buy him a replacement camera just for that two weeks (believe it or not!!!) because he couldnt live without it. When Dad said no, Scott had a massive tantrum at Dad, yelled at him saying he was a cold hearted b@stard who didnt care about him and punched him. Incidentally, neither my Mum or my brother have ever put petrol in a car in their entire lives, I am not kidding - Dad does it!

- My Mum, for causing a massive fight with my Dad because she refused to put some of his work shirts away after she washed them, the cat sat on the shirts and she had to wash them again - apparently Dads fault for not putting them away (he was at work)... Dad asked why she just didnt hang them up for him... her answer was "You dont put MINE away!".... and made a comment about how she should have married Dad's brother instead...

I am sorry, but this thread made me think about how ИИИИed off I am. I dont normally like to get too personal on these things, but I have just spoken to Dad on the phone, and he has had enough. Mum has been on the phone ИИИИИing to me about him and I hung up.

I have told Dad he can leave them and move in with us, for nothing. As long as he likes. I hope he leaves them.

People like them REALLY ИИИИ me off, especially when I am thinking about getting a 2nd job at the moment!!!

END RANT! Ill go cool down now...

Your Dad sounds SO much like me! LOL
Seriously, though.. if he isn't a candidate for "Father of the Year", I don't know who is?
XRchic... You convince him to leave it all behind, move in with you, and show him heaps of TLC... By ИИИИ, he's earnt it!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #63
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliewool
Your Dad sounds SO much like me! LOL
Seriously, though.. if he isn't a candidate for "Father of the Year", I don't know who is?
XRchic... You convince him to leave it all behind, move in with you, and show him heaps of TLC... By ИИИИ, he's earnt it!!
Thanks heaps

Yes, he is the best Dad ever. He has done so much for me over my life. He does so much for everyone. He helps out his sister all the time who has been on the dole her whole life and is now complaining.. he hands out money to her and her pov kids... he is power of attorney over his elderly Mum AND his other sister who is disabled and takes care of EVERYTHING for them - and he just gets accused of stealing their money (them or their other relatives who do nothing) or for doing too much for other people (from my mother and brother who resent it).... He helps out mates at work...

I love him heaps and I have tried and tried to help him, and we see him all the time and have him over for dinner and a few beers... he knows he can live here as long as he wants... I think he is starting to see the issues now that he is close to retiring and the thought of being home with THEM is not appealing... His dream is to buy a GT-P but with them and everyone else draining him, he cant and with the salary he earns, and he cant get a GT-P, its absolutely ridiculous... I would buy it for him if I could.

If there are any NICE late 50s/early60s chics out there who are single, and would like a really smart, good hearted bloke, just a tad over 6 foot, slim, olive skin, dark eyes, who is fun, has a great sense of humour, loves cars and Fords, loves travelling, works as a consulting engineer and who will treat you really well, then let me know!!! Hehehe.

As for the milking old couple, Id sack them NZ and be done with it. They are either unaware of what they cost you, or they dont care. They seem to have done pretty well out of the deal from what I can see, and you seem to have let them get away with plenty and treated them very well... I guess you could try having a discussion with them, but is it worth it? Plenty of people get paid a LOT less than that per hour for a lot harder work (any mechanics out there?) and a lot worse conditions AND they lose a slab of it in tax.... Im sure you could find someone more grateful at least... FFS Id do it!!!

Ungrateful, selfish people - they are what get on my nerves!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #64
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
What ИИИИes me off?

- My mother who refuses to work, refuses to do housework, refuses to cook or do any grocery shopping, while my Dad works two jobs, does all the housework, cooking, shopping etc.... and she abuses him, puts him down to her friends, my friends, anyone she meets, accuses him of not managing money (when he doesnt spend a cent but she racks up massive credit card debts) and she demands dinner when HE walks in the door at night, after SHE sat on her backside watching cricket all day on the digital foxtel he paid for, shopping all day in her new car he paid for, playing on the new computer and ADSL he paid for .... and then chucks a wobbly when he says he is just going to get them takeaway that night because he is too tired to do anything else....

- My mother, who refuses to give us a hand by picking our kids up from school. She lives literally 5 min from their school, but because she is too lazy, they go to after school care and we pay a small fortune for them to go there

- My Dad for not leaving her.

- My brother, who is 33 this year, lives at home with my Mum and Dad and who refuses to work. Dad pays for all of his expenses, board, clothes, food, LOTS of alcohol and the medical bills from the gout that he has from drinking too much, pays for his car and fuel and rego and insurance, pays for his private health insurance and bought him a $6K video camera and tripod for his hobby... well Scott broke the camera in a fit of temper over something, and threw it... Dad organised for the insurance company to have it repaired, paid the excess etc, etc... but it took two weeks for the place to get the parts to fix it... Scott demanded my Dad buy him a replacement camera just for that two weeks (believe it or not!!!) because he couldnt live without it. When Dad said no, Scott had a massive tantrum at Dad, yelled at him saying he was a cold hearted b@stard who didnt care about him and punched him. Incidentally, neither my Mum or my brother have ever put petrol in a car in their entire lives, I am not kidding - Dad does it!

- My Mum, for causing a massive fight with my Dad because she refused to put some of his work shirts away after she washed them, the cat sat on the shirts and she had to wash them again - apparently Dads fault for not putting them away (he was at work)... Dad asked why she just didnt hang them up for him... her answer was "You dont put MINE away!".... and made a comment about how she should have married Dad's brother instead...

I am sorry, but this thread made me think about how ИИИИed off I am. I dont normally like to get too personal on these things, but I have just spoken to Dad on the phone, and he has had enough. Mum has been on the phone ИИИИИing to me about him and I hung up.

I have told Dad he can leave them and move in with us, for nothing. As long as he likes. I hope he leaves them.

People like them REALLY ИИИИ me off, especially when I am thinking about getting a 2nd job at the moment!!!

END RANT! Ill go cool down now...
Looks like you took after your Dad and your brother took after your Mum!
I think your Dad needs to go on holiday for a month or so and leave your Mum and brother to themselves with a fixed amount of money to get by and no credit cards...... see how they cope. Your brother's behaviour regarding the camera deserves him getting a big boot - out the door.
Sounds like your Dad would, despite the short term pain, be much better off in the long run to get those 2 deadbeats out of his life. He's earning good money it seems to be able to pay the way for your family and would bounce back financially even following a break up. Your Mum would get a big wake up call once his financial support disappeared
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #65
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
Looks like you took after your Dad and your brother took after your Mum!
I think your Dad needs to go on holiday for a month or so and leave your Mum and brother to themselves with a fixed amount of money to get by and no credit cards...... see how they cope. Your brother's behaviour regarding the camera deserves him getting a big boot - out the door.
Sounds like your Dad would, despite the short term pain, be much better off in the long run to get those 2 deadbeats out of his life. He's earning good money it seems to be able to pay the way for your family and would bounce back financially even following a break up. Your Mum would get a big wake up call once his financial support disappeared
I agree with everything you say. He needs to get away from them, to sort his own finances out and teach them a lesson all in one. My brothers behaviour has always been terrible. He has learned from my mother. He is an abusive, violent, selfish drunk basically.

Yeah, Dad on good money, he could defintely benefit from getting rid of them. His accountant (who is his mate too) has quietly recommended it.

Dad just keeps saying that although he knows what they are like, they still need his help... they lay terrible guilt trips on him... Mum has threatened to kill herself if he leaves, and my brother actually tried once recently, when Dad denied him something... went to jump in front of a train and chickened out at the last minute, injuring his arm. Dad felt terrible. I wont tell you what I think on that matter, on these forums....

Anyways, enough of my silly family guys, Im sorry about putting all that out there and for hijacking NZs thread....

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #66
Ringo
I see you....

Yikes XR Chic - that is terrible. Your dad should get out, that is not what being in a marriage is all about....

I am happy to report that 'Sponge' moved out on Friday afternoon. No explanation was given, no note, just found the spare key on the bench and (almost) all his stuff gone. Got explanation later through his mum ( My mother in law) that he was sick of living away from home and from hiding from this guy. Also his ex gf 'dumped him' which is why he came back early that night.....now don't ask me how an ex gf can dump you when she is an ex......and don't ask me what that has to do with him deciding to stop sponging off us when she wasn't allowed in our house anyway......

I wanted to ask if it had anything to do with us saying he had to find a job if he wanted to stay with us for any period of time, pay his own, help around the house etc but I thought I would let it slide....nothing to be gained by saying it.

PS - he said he had called a guy about a job fixing radiators and that he was now waiting on a call back.....yer right..... He's just waiting for his dole checks to start arriving or get back into his night time 'courier work' that my wife and I suspect he was doing moving 'green' around melbourne

PPS Wife found her new fancy floral diary with a phone number and name scrawled across the front of it....chics would understand that this is a lovely 2006 diary that lives next the phone.... and now has big black pen across the front of it.

Perhaps my new rant will be about how I was passed over for promotion in favour of someone with less experience, knowledge, competence & dedication than me....nah save that one for later. Glad my story amused some,

XR Chic - how did you turn out so nice and considerate of others when you famliy are a bunch of selfish users ????
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #67
Nugget_TX5
Starter Motor

what cheeses me off?. Lying current affairs shows and slanted journalism. They treat this nation like a bunch of smacktards. Idiots that compain about working saturdays when its their choice and they earn over 150 bucks for 6 hours work.

XRchic Man i wouldn't be surprised if your dad didn't snap pretty soon. He would be better off leaving than having some ИИИИ happen over unspoken issues
Old 07-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #68
gww64

This is trivial compared to some of the stuff i`ve read here but i really hate supermarket car parks and the ignorant pains in the xxxx that open their car doors on your pride and joy and not give a rats ИИИИ. out: :
gww64 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #69
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

XRchic, i wonder if its classed as kidnapping if it your own father? And if its for his own good?

What gets on my nerves is when my girlfriend is upset because her family is asking her for money, when she is trying to study and work a casual job, all while paying off her first car.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post