Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #61
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
anyways dont see how some of the replys help...but anyways if it has a rwc then take it back to the dealer...especially for anything mechanical and the place that gave the rwc WILL have to fix it by law as they said it was working...

Wrong

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #62
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Wrong
huh??? WRONG what do you mean??? If a tester has missed an item that should of been fixed as part of his rwc, then he is allowed to rectify this problem if not then vic roads can become involved. I don't know of any tester that doesn't shudder when that name is mentioned.....
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #63
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
if you were screwed by a detailer youd have a clean ring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he he ha ha ho ho thats good. I love it :hihi:

would a cut and polish be parta that???
Old 26-08-2006, 10:19 AM   #64
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
huh??? WRONG what do you mean??? If a tester has missed an item that should of been fixed as part of his rwc, then he is allowed to rectify this problem if not then vic roads can become involved. I don't know of any tester that doesn't shudder when that name is mentioned.....
The RWC does not legally have to fix anything at their own cost as suggested earlier, but if they don't they risk getting reprimanded by Vic roads if it is a RWC item and it it deemed not to be RWC.

The mistake here is some people are thinking the RWC covers everything mechanical on their car, so if something fails the RWC tester has to fix it for free.
A RWC is basically a safety inspection of a car to see if it is safe to be used on the roads for a period of 30 days, it is not an assesment of the cars overall condition.

Lots of items can be worn but still RWC, oil leaks are a good example, most testers will knock back a car if it is a bit wet with oil, but technically it only needs to fail if it actually drops oil onto the ground while being tested.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #65
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
The RWC does not legally have to fix anything at their own cost as suggested earlier, but if they don't they risk getting reprimanded by Vic roads if it is a RWC item and it it deemed not to be RWC.

The mistake here is some people are thinking the RWC covers everything mechanical on their car, so if something fails the RWC tester has to fix it for free.
A RWC is basically a safety inspection of a car to see if it is safe to be used on the roads for a period of 30 days, it is not an assesment of the cars overall condition.

Lots of items can be worn but still RWC, oil leaks are a good example, most testers will knock back a car if it is a bit wet with oil, but technically it only needs to fail if it actually drops oil onto the ground while being tested.

Ahh no . oil leak test procedure.... Wipe affected area clean or wash. check oil level and top up if necc. Drive vehicle for at least 3.5 kms making sure to turn corners ect. If an oil track is visible fail. Thats what I was taught when I did the rwc testers course. And this is the procedure in the box hill tafe rwc testers handbook.
Old 27-08-2006, 12:40 AM   #66
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Sounds like you may have done alright in the end. Make sure everything done is documented, incase they miss something.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #67
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some r/w testers are harsher than others. I reckon my old mans pretty tight when it comes to r/w testing. I've read the relevant paperwork and even if it pass's by the book he still knocks a few back.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 01:18 AM   #68
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i had EXACTLY the same thing happen to me with my XR8. consumer affairs told me to get another roadworthy before the 30 days are up. they will take care of the legalities, they may lose their inspectors license, but consumers definatly shakes them up. they may offer a refund, or pay to fix everything, like they did with mine.( except the frayed seatbelt, for which they got an $2000 fine). but go to www.consumer.vic.gov.au and fill out a complaint, they will get back to you but get that roadworthy and present it to vicroads AFTER you get registered... if you have any more questions pm me. coz i've done this all before

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post