Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #61
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Like ive said before we need to have a live forum like 60 minutes did with the truckies. they had truckies, families, and union reps. We need one with say enthuiasts, police, maybe some self confessed hoons, and residents and tell the real story. The public is only getting the hoon mindset and not the side of responsible people.
I saw that show and it was a sham. They always pick and highlight someone who can't speak properly and in this instance just stands up and screams "the gumment should get off their *** and do sumthin". A 10 minute slot on 60 mins is not long enough. That show was chopped up so bad it was a waste of airtime. And when are the drivers going to "get off their asses" and tell the transport companies they aren't going to drive those hours any more,or lie in their log books. If they all stood up at once then the bosses don't have any choice,they can't sack everyone at the same time. You also have to ask the question why is it that one of the largest trucking companies in Australia, Linfox, makes a decent profit yet their drivers don't need to exceed hours as their trucks have satnav style systems which the company uses to tell what, where, when and why? When are the companies finally going to learn that an accident costs far more than a driver doing a couple of hours overtime to get some sleep.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 PM   #62
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree in principle but most of those tools have never and will never go near a drag strip
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:28 PM   #63
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
I agree in principle but most of those tools have never and will never go near a drag strip
Never a truer word spoken!!

Still the more we enthusiasts do to visibly differentiate ourselves from the ratbag hoon element, then the easier it is for dumb-**** media to catch on.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #64
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Still the more we enthusiasts do to visibly differentiate ourselves from the ratbag hoon element, then the easier it is for dumb-**** media to catch on.
But how?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #65
Dez
Banned

is it possible for AFF to stand up as enthusiasts and approach 1 of these shows (ACA etc) or is it too hard?

and would they even take us as a serious club....
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:33 PM   #66
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If nothing else the enthuiasts get their point across to the public. Whether it does anything-who knows? I mean its got to be worth a try though. Doing something is better than sitting round copping shit on account of these hoons smartarse comments and reckless driving.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #67
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
is it possible for AFF to stand up as enthusiasts and approach 1 of these shows (ACA etc) or is it too hard?

and would they even take us as a serious club....
Never though I'd say this Dez, a sensible post, well done!!

I dont think ACA etc is a particularly good vehicle, they change like the wind, but your sentiment on this is right.

The public actions of members speak eons. Particularly anyone who has a Forum Sticker etc on their car. Makes it like a signwritten vehicle, one hoon with a sticker and everyone associated gets tarred with the same brush.

Spoken opinions, and reasoned well though out letters to your local member, to letters columns etc are probably the best tack, not the usual 3 lines rants we are used to reading in rag mags. Opinions anyone??
Old 11-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #68
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if they would actually publish anything a car club/forum had to say. Maybe the moderators could do this. My letter skills arent all that good, id probably fire up too much. Its a good sugestion mate
Old 11-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #69
Dez
Banned

something in a paper magazine would be fine...but I think for it to have an effect against the car hoon shit that we see on ACA etc, we have to be on that same show, showing that there are 2 sides to every story.

there is no denying that these guys are ****ers, even if a lot of it was put on for the cameras. eg " mate, we'll just smoke em up and buy new tyres next week anyway...who cares mate"

they are trying to show that they are so rich etc, and that they are no different from the people in the fast and the furious, who seem to never work, but have an endless supply of cash to hot up insane cars.

there is no doubt that a lot of the shit in tornado's ACA vid is exaggerated, and fuelled by the questions asked by the "old man reporter who knows nothing about cars" etc...

"shouldnt u be at home watching the footy?"

all that question does is make these guys want to show that they aren't into that, and that they are out there being fully sick and rippin it up mate!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes it is amazing how young these guys are and still they manage to have these hotted up cars. Guarenteed if it was comming from a job that the majority of them would see the value of money and not participate therefore would have better things to do.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:04 PM   #71
rdomain
Sonic DV8

Talking

Cheers for the link Tornado

What a bunch of dicks

R.

Velocity BA XR6 MkII Turbo Ute
White EB XR6 S MkII Sedan
rdomain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 PM   #72
XRQTOR
Banned

Thanks for the link mate.

Im the last one to stick up for copper's but that shit deserved head stomping. Us lebbos we ride together we die together, so we can assume these bro's have seen both FNF and Bad Boys II as well.

I was in a mates car down the rocks about 18 months ago when they had the mass defects going, RTA EPA police and drug squad. The coppers that were present then had the idea be a smart **** and we'll give you more defects than what you were going to get, driver's are responsible for passengers. Onee smart mouth lebbo thought he'd spit on a copper and got his arsed kicked, 5 of his mates jumped the copper which wasn't real bright considering there was about 1oo+ police there and about 15 dogs.

THe last few times iv'e been out at the runs orange grove as the meeting point in particular a few highway cars come out and if anything happens 2 white vans roll up with about 1o-15 big **** cops in each. Stroll out and put their leather gloves ona dn tell everyone to move off. Thats the que to **** off in a hurry these boys take no shit, mouth off and you'll get your **** kicked in a hurry. Throw anything at or near them and they'll chase you down. Their not pudgy **** pencil pushers their the biggest fittest ones out.

Since that originally aired coppers have been cracking down on street racing in a big way, they'll never stop it. Most of the people who actually race do it for the thrill of it because they love it. Not because their cousin's unlce's brother think's he's king shit with a faggot little wrx, these small underpowered cars must remind some of these lebbo's of the ride over.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 11:32 PM   #73
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
something in a paper magazine would be fine...but I think for it to have an effect against the car hoon shit that we see on ACA etc, we have to be on that same show, showing that there are 2 sides to every story.

there is no denying that these guys are ****ers, even if a lot of it was put on for the cameras. eg " mate, we'll just smoke em up and buy new tyres next week anyway...who cares mate"

they are trying to show that they are so rich etc, and that they are no different from the people in the fast and the furious, who seem to never work, but have an endless supply of cash to hot up insane cars.

there is no doubt that a lot of the shit in tornado's ACA vid is exaggerated, and fuelled by the questions asked by the "old man reporter who knows nothing about cars" etc...

"shouldnt u be at home watching the footy?"

all that question does is make these guys want to show that they aren't into that, and that they are out there being fully sick and rippin it up mate!
Yea they'd all be bulldogs fans i bet. He knew what he was asking, he asked the questions and knew how they were going to react which made these tools look eve worse then they normally are.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:42 PM   #74
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Yes it is amazing how young these guys are and still they manage to have these hotted up cars. Guarenteed if it was comming from a job that the majority of them would see the value of money and not participate therefore would have better things to do.
A large percentage of people who own hotted up cars or even nice cars do have jobs. I was 19 when i bought my MKII xr8, i must be a drug dealer or knock cars up to pay for it.

I work 6o+ hours a week monday to friday. I know the value of money, if i couldn't afford the car i wouldn't have bought it. And i dont sell drugs or knock cars up like you'd expect. It shits me to tears when anyone who's a little younger and drives a nice car is always a dealer or rich boy in people's eye's, it's quite clear your older than i and i also bet you have other things to spend you money on besides fast cars where as i dont.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:17 AM   #75
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
A large percentage of people who own hotted up cars or even nice cars do have jobs. I was 19 when i bought my MKII xr8, i must be a drug dealer or knock cars up to pay for it.

I work 6o+ hours a week monday to friday. I know the value of money, if i couldn't afford the car i wouldn't have bought it. And i dont sell drugs or knock cars up like you'd expect. It shits me to tears when anyone who's a little younger and drives a nice car is always a dealer or rich boy in people's eye's, it's quite clear your older than i and i also bet you have other things to spend you money on besides fast cars where as i dont.
XRQTOR the biggest favour you can do yourself and all the other real car fans is be as far away from these home boys as soon and as often as possible!!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #76
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Never meant it that way mate. I mean these dodgy bastards. People who work hard for their money generally aint hoons cause they worked hard for their cars whereas i bet some of these hoons are drug dealers therefore easy come easy go. Im 18 by the way and still in school with casual work doin 30-35 hrs a week (might not sound like a lot but factor in school plus that for study and assignments). I get sometimes in the morning and dont come back to late. I dont splurge out on things and im responsible with money as it aint easy for me to make a lot of it (maybe $350-$400 before tax) but im applying for another job which should pay a hell of a lot more.

The point is if these people actually worked hard for their money do you really think they would be risking damaging their cars, or getting fined. I know I sure as hell wouldnt if I had a nice car.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:50 AM   #77
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
XRQTOR the biggest favour you can do yourself and all the other real car fans is be as far away from these home boys as soon and as often as possible!!
Never said i have anything to do with people like this scum, i'd end up getting the shit kicked out of me for saying what i really thought and pointing out where they parked their boat even if i was the only aussie there.

Yes i do know some very very bad people and i know it isn't smart to **** them off. I talk to most of them caz their alright blokes to talk to but thats about it. I wont go out of my way to talk to most of them but if they pass by and stop me ill have a chat.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #78
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
The point is if these people actually worked hard for their money do you really think they would be risking damaging their cars, or getting fined. I know I sure as hell wouldnt if I had a nice car.
Yes most of the quicker cars that get out are owned by honest hard working people who race beacuse they love it not because it was in a movie, because they work they cant get to WSIDW on a wensday and this is their way of having fun. It should be opened on a weekend when its not bookked out or having big events.

The tools in that video weren't even racing they were just big mouth lebbo's trying to out doof each other in a carpark. You'd be very supprised at how well most of the street races are run, in the terms of making it as safe as it could possibly be in it's location. No cars/people in front of the start line, a guy up the other end of the track to watch for oncoming cars. Any stupidity (burnoutsa within crowds or close to cars) is normaly met with lots of abuse and they are quickly ****ed off. Yes it's not as safe as a track but it's a hell of alot safer then what it's made out to be.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 PM   #79
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Never said i have anything to do with people like this scum, i'd end up getting the shit kicked out of me for saying what i really thought and pointing out where they parked their boat even if i was the only aussie there.
I think he means the fact that you're at the meets....the cops wont care that you're only watching or whatever...if you're there, and you have your car....they'll more than likely defect it, and they can defect pretty much anything when they want to
Old 12-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #80
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yes most of the quicker cars that get out are owned by honest hard working people who race beacuse they love it not because it was in a movie, because they work they cant get to WSIDW on a wensday and this is their way of having fun. It should be opened on a weekend when its not bookked out or having big events.

The tools in that video weren't even racing they were just big mouth lebbo's trying to out doof each other in a carpark. You'd be very supprised at how well most of the street races are run, in the terms of making it as safe as it could possibly be in it's location. No cars/people in front of the start line, a guy up the other end of the track to watch for oncoming cars. Any stupidity (burnoutsa within crowds or close to cars) is normaly met with lots of abuse and they are quickly ****ed off. Yes it's not as safe as a track but it's a hell of alot safer then what it's made out to be.
You are fooling yourself if you think that street racing is safe in any way ... I am disappointed that ANYONE thinks like that. What about people trying to use the road?? What about the guy at the other end who is in the path of a car if it loses control?? What about the unsafe cars that run ?? Just because you think it's safe doesn't mean anything.
I would bet 99% of the people at these so called races wouldn't go to WSID at all because their lack of skills would show up so they race other fools. When I was younger I went to ONE street race and got the hell out of there. The Fangios couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dog's **** let alone a high powered car and they all thought it was safe and cool.
The serious people will go to the legal drags and actually have somethign to show for it, not some bullshit industrial park racing where everyone runs 10s.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 PM   #81
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

How's a guy at the end of a track going to signal that a car is coming to two blokes whose cars are at full noise? They would be too busy looking at the tacho or the car alongside them.. The first time I ever went down a proper 1/4 mile I couldn't believe how quickly it was over and how much you just don't focus on your surroundings. The last thing you would want to be doing is looking out for pedestrians or other cars!

Madness.
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM   #82
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You get harassed for just driving your car these days so I just stay the **** out of these things and keep my record clean. I dont go near the city anymore as thats where all the cars are and all the cops. The best thing is not being there as in if your not there you cant get done for it
Old 12-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #83
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
I think he means the fact that you're at the meets....the cops wont care that you're only watching or whatever...if you're there, and you have your car....they'll more than likely defect it, and they can defect pretty much anything when they want to
Very true when i take my car out i get pulled up alot, the car is stock atm so they cant defect anything. Havent been going out much lately as my car seems to stand out to much.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #84
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Very true when i take my car out i get pulled up alot, the car is stock atm so they cant defect anything. Havent been going out much lately as my car seems to stand out to much.
thats the thing, if they want to get you, because you're hanging around with the other cars...they can and will

i've heard so many times how they can defect a brand new car straight off the showroom floor.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #85
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
You are fooling yourself if you think that street racing is safe in any way ... I am disappointed that ANYONE thinks like that. What about people trying to use the road?? What about the guy at the other end who is in the path of a car if it loses control?? What about the unsafe cars that run ?? Just because you think it's safe doesn't mean anything.
I would bet 99% of the people at these so called races wouldn't go to WSID at all because their lack of skills would show up so they race other fools. When I was younger I went to ONE street race and got the hell out of there. The Fangios couldn't drive a greasy stick up a dog's **** let alone a high powered car and they all thought it was safe and cool.
The serious people will go to the legal drags and actually have somethign to show for it, not some bullshit industrial park racing where everyone runs 10s.
Yep Industrial park racing is a thing of the past, or at least it should be. There is neither the need for nor the excuse this nonsense anymore. The excuse of only 1 day a week at WSID doesn't wash, increase the patronage and the number of days will increase.

The "days of old" street races were dangerous, and the danger has multiplied, traffic density, general lawlessness etc have all increased, it just is not possible to do safely ever. What possible purpose would there be to drag in a public carpark metres from a mainroad other than macho bragging show-off crap.

Any whining about you guys had it why cant we misses the fact that there wasn't a safe well run world class facility like WSID available. Wanna drag make use of it. There are no excuses not to use WSID, all you need is a helmet, some $$'s, and car roadworthy enough for you to make a dick of yourself in.

10 sec time brags from street races are as credible as quintex shares!! These goons avoid the track cos their 10sec runs will prove to be more like the 16secs that an civic worked to the inch of its existance is good for!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM   #86
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
I never said it was completely safe, racing at the track isn't completely safe either. I just said the way some of them are run is heaps safer than what you'd expect. It's a risk that people take and if shit hits the fan there is only 1 person to blame.

99% of the race's im talking about happen late at night in either industrial parks or a fair drive from anything and if on a rare occasion there is oncoming traffic the spotter warns the racers off via 2 ways. The spotter is always out of the way and well beyond the 4oom mark to give a better viewdown the orad as well as being safer.

Most of the cars who do actually race are fast cars who do take them to the track when they can. Most of them are 1o-11-12 sec cars and they all have timeslips to prove it.

I know ill get flamed for telling people i go out and watch this stuff but im just saying its not as bad as what the media makes it out to be and 1% of the people who do attend are remotely similar to the tools on aca.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:35 PM   #87
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cant you get done for spectating aswell. Inciting street racing i think its calle. Also theres promote and organize aswell. The point is also even if your just watching your contributing to the problem aswell. The cops go over spectators cars aswell as the competitors and as always will give you trouble and most likely defect you.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:37 PM   #88
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
thats the thing, if they want to get you, because you're hanging around with the other cars...they can and will

i've heard so many times how they can defect a brand new car straight off the showroom floor.
You can lose your car for 3 months for just attending these events but they dont enforce it as most coppers only show up hit the lights and let everyone go off and pull one or two cars to stop huge scrambles which is where accidents happen and people get hurt. Then imagine the court case, i think he was there watching but dont have any proof. Getting caught in the act is one thing which just about ensures you lose your car.

But they cannot defect a new car that hasn't been modified, they wouldn't be allowed to hit the road if they could be defected.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:41 PM   #89
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Inciting street racing i think its calle. Also theres promote and organize aswell.
Y u p .
Old 12-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #90
Dez
Banned

Quote:
But they cannot defect a new car that hasn't been modified, they wouldn't be allowed to hit the road if they could be defected.
i've heard it said on here many times, by a few different people...no one ever backs it up with the actual thing that they can defect a new car on though...so if anyone can shed some light on it...