Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #91
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bernard Tomic drives into trouble again in his BMW on the Gold Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped
I think the police would harass most young guys in hot cars, whether they are playing up or not. That's just how it is, it is nothing new.

This is part of the reason why "sleepers" are popular.
Some blue uniroms suffer penile envey so having a standout car gets you attention no katter your age , trust me on this
Old 26-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #92
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Bernard Tomic drives into trouble again in his BMW on the Gold Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I'm fairly sure that breaches the exemption rules of the most direct route to and from your workplace, in Bernard's case, tennis training.

He's only allowed to drive the car to and from tennis training which is what the P plate exemption is for.
Sounds like you're fairly sure you know the facts about his driving restrictions
BTW, what's stopping him driving to Melbourne and calling it a training camp? I hear you say 'why not fly', because he gets drive a bit of awesome motoring machinery and you don't.

Quote:
Yeah because they're exempted from all the rules everyone else has to follow and obide by.
Yep, they probably do. But I bet if you got you balls busted by a cop, or gave someone the bird in the street or picked your nose in public, it wouldn't get scrutinised by millions of people because you're a nobody in comparison.

Quote:
I've broken the law, just never been caught. I've driven emergency vehicles which I'm specifically not supposed to by law, because I'm a P plater.
Quote:
Yeah, but I don't take the Ambulances down the coast at 10pm at night or to restaurants. I move them around to get them to the other side of the workshop or in one case I took a patient transporter to the company that owned it around the corner.
Let me guess. You'd be the first one to sook about getting busted...
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 26-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #93
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax
Let me guess. You'd be the first one to sook about getting busted...
Just like Bernard Tomic? I'll cry to the media saying the police are picking on me and talk to my lawyer too while I'm at it, even though I know damn right I'm in the wrong.
Old 26-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #94
FPV091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded
How did you go about getting the exemption?
Is it your car or your bosses?
I'm not being smart but I can not for the life of me see any reason for an exemption other than the vehicle is a workshop runabout or similar, and even then it's a stretch.
In Tomic's case what possible reason could he have given to justify the excemption? Financial hardship? Only vehicle available? It doesn't seem right to me
I got the exemption since it's the only utility registered in the company name and therefore it was the only vehicle available to use in carrying truck tyres, etc. It's a trucking company so i needed it to pick up tools, tyres, etc.

If there was another ute in the company name the RTA would not have granted me the exemption.
Old 26-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #95
Blue Blooded

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV091
I got the exemption since it's the only utility registered in the company name and therefore it was the only vehicle available to use in carrying truck tyres, etc. It's a trucking company so i needed it to pick up tools, tyres, etc.

If there was another ute in the company name the RTA would not have granted me the exemption.
That's my point, you deserve the exemption, are there no suitable BMW's for him to drive? How did he get the exemption?

FG GT Black 6spM
XY Falcon Project (on the backburner for the moment)
BFII XR6 Turbo 6spA
BA XR6 5spM
AUII XR8 5spM
BMW 318is 5spM
XC Falcon 250
XD Falcon 250 Xflow
76 Mitsubishi Galant Wagon (this car would not die, believe me I tried)
TE Cortina 200ci Xflow
XY Falcon 378 Clevo Stroker 4sp Top Loader
Old 27-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #96
FPV091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded
That's my point, you deserve the exemption, are there no suitable BMW's for him to drive? How did he get the exemption?
Well my guess is, since his lawyer happens to be former mayor of the Gold Coast, he was able to use some old 'contacts' to sway a few people in Queensland Transport.

Next thing, Tomic has permission to drive the M3.

That's my opinion.
Old 27-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #97
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If he is such a well behavioured driver he should get a little video camera installed in the front and back windows of his car. He would finally be able to stick it to the cops.
Old 27-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #98
Zaxx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cops pick on P platers.

End of story.

If you deny it? You're as stupid and ignorant as the cops that are only out there for revenue.
Old 27-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #99
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others",
While I can understand how that works in the real world, all our systems are based on the premises of equality. So it seems do as I say but not do as I do.

If you have no issue with that then we might as well all bend over and take it quietly. Im not into that.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #100
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
While I can understand how that works in the real world, all out systems are based on the premises of equality. So it seems do as I say but not do as I do.

If you have no issue with that then we might as well all bend over and take it quietly. Im not into that.
Have no issue with that at all

As for bending over and taking it...well, I dare say that this impacts my life 0%

Good luck with your crusade!
Old 27-01-2012, 12:27 AM   #101
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Have no issue with that at all

As for bending over and taking it...well, I dare say that this impacts my life 0%

Good luck with your crusade!
No issue? Consistently backing Tomic on this when clearly it has nothing to do with the law and more to do with some silly sponsorship deal...even though the said company has many great cars within its range that are suitable by law for the driver.

Tell me again how a kid driving a M3 is good for the brand? Are they targeting other kids with such disposable income? I cant imagine that market being lucrative.

Its about advertising..thats it...and it sad that laws are bent to appeal to such a crusade as you put it.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 27-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #102
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Where done on this ......... going around in circles. When the report comes out what/if he did something wrong ...... and because he is a bit of a celeb at the moment so I am sure more will transpire and probably not the truth to some ...... another thread can happen

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread