Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #91
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 
Default Re: what is the dumest thing you have seen some one do to a engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza91 View Post
Ill dob myself in for one.
I remember when i first got my license and i owned and 88 ea fairmont ghia.
Well one day i decided id service it, so i had everything there ready to go and so i get underneath to undo the sump plug, and it wont budge, so immediately thought "oh i must be turning it the wrong way" so i try going the other way and surely enough it moves, but then it just keeps spinning, what i had done was strip the thread on the sump plug.
Everytime i serviced that car for the next 18 months i had to pump out the oild oil by hand because i couldnt drain it.

I have plenty more stories but ill wait until i hear some other ones before i make myself look TOO stupid.
Did much the same .. Except our cattle dog drank some petrol and he run around the house 8 times..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2015, 01:37 PM   #92
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240 View Post
Did much the same .. Except our cattle dog drank some petrol and he run around the house 8 times..
Then dropped to the ground ..
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #93
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Going back many many years...to about 1983 when I had my Charger.
Was filling it up and a guy pulled in next to me with a very nice XD 351 sedan...yellow, lowered, Globe mags...really really nice. He started filling it up and I finished and went inside to pay for my fuel. A short time later he suddenly stopped and shouted "F*#K!!!!", and shoved the hose back into the bowser and rushed inside. I wondered what was wrong, and he said "I've just put some diesel in my car!", and the attendant asked "How much?". The guy said "Nearly twenty bucks worth...it was nearly empty!".
Keep in mind this was back when petrol was only about 36 cents a liter and diesel was at the time much cheaper than petrol...about 25 to 30 cents I think...so he nearly had a full tank of diesel.
The were figuring out how to drain it and fix it up when I left.

About an hour later I was sitting at the lights and had picked up my girlfriend. At the opposite set of lights was the yellow XD, and I told her about it. The car could be heard running raggedly, and when he took off it left behind it a massive white cloud of exhaust smoke coming out the twin pipes like a James Bond smokescreen as it coughed and roared across the intersection and down the road...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: