Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #91
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you like doin things in the mud dontcha :P
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #92
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mucking around in my car one day trying to figure out how it got broken in to. I had the drivers door trim off and went around to the passenger side and laid across the passenger seat in to the drivers side to look up in the door. I locked the doors in my playing around.
I eventually gave up and crawled back out of the passenger door and shut the door to walk around the other side.
Only then did I realise that the doors were locked and my keys were in the ignition as I was listening to the radio.
The wife was out and the spare remote I had in the house wasn't working, so I had to call the RAA to come and open my car up again.
Needless to say, I gave up on trying to figure out how the thieves broke in to my car and put it all back together again once the RAA saved the day.
Old 22-09-2008, 02:52 PM   #93
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

The day I got my car back with a new gearbox. I had to chuck a celebration skid.

Managed to put the car into limp home mode, dumped a crap load of fluid and had to get it towed back to the transmission shop.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #94
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Got a brand new work truck, (little Isuzu 2 tonner) 25kms on the clock, took it for a test drive, playing with all the buttons etc., stuck my hand through the steering wheel (I know...) playing with the odo button, steering wheel comes back to center, my arm snaps the indicator stalk off, $700 for a new one, did some quick talking, got another on warranty. :

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 02:59 PM   #95
4VCLEVO
XA GT

I've done so many silly things with cars. I was teaching my misses how to drive, and I had a brain wave that if I tought her how to drive out the bush, then she wouldn't hit anyone elses cars. Unfortunatly she hit a stump and trashed a simmons wheel.

But shes no worse than me as I just had the same wheel repaired after I slid around a roundabout and smashed it on the gutter. And werse than her, I also trashed the tyre at the same time.
4VCLEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #96
HOEBAG
Banned

Red face

A couple of years ago... had a few beers at a mates house and decided to drive back to another mates house literally 100m down the road... a straight road.
couldn't be bothered walking back the next morning so my and 4 mates jump in the old EL wagon.

right out the front of his house my mates spot a frog jumping across the road from left to right. everyone jumps out the right hand side of the car except my best mate blinky jumps out the left.. didn't see him. runs infront of my car just as i decide to go forward.

BANG. bye bye front tooth... everyone went back inside and we left him out there in the pitch black with no street lights drunk as a skunk looking for his tooth using only his phone as a light.
hahaha!
HOEBAG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #97
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Ever heard of neutral-slapping an auto? Say no more
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #98
henry_ford
order taker

Driving the family Ute HQ V8 with step brother in car. showing off of course driving thru north rocks, i decided to throw some rubbish out the window i then sped off around a corner missed a red light, Scared myself that much looking at traffic i was about to hit that i pulled left on the wheel and did a complete 360 into a gutter smashing my wheel to bits. Lied to dad and said i had a flat, then to cover the wheel being smashed i said it was stolen off the back of the ute that night. Would have all been ok except that the ute was crabbing like a .
dad had a squiz and asked me how my "Flat" had caused the rear suspension to move an inch to the right. At that point i was dead to rights and had to own up. He still thinks i was doing circle work and stuck it into a gutter. in truth that would be better then what i actually did, almost killing the two of us by being stupid.

Memo to self. Thats karma for being a litter bug.
henry_ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #99
Cam
Stroking it...

way back when a mate and I were enjoying a little bit of the smelly green stuff behind an deserted warehouse. We got to the point where we needed some munchies, tried to start the car and it wouldn't. Sat there for an hour trying to use our "skills" to get the car to go

Flagged down a 4WD that happened to be part of a convoy to help us out. They walked up to the car and go "mate, you cant start an auto car in Drive" The 30 odd people sat there laughing for 10 minutes before leaving us be.

Another thing that comes to mind, was driving around on my L's for 4 years, i finally got my P's, and lost them a week later overtaking a truck
:
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #100
HOEBAG
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
i finally got my P's, and lost them a week later overtaking a truck
:
surely must have been some pretty dodgy overtaking... on a very small width road i would assume?
Old 22-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #101
webby_191189
low wagooon

Stupidist thing ive done was went and got my auto fixed in my old car due to going to limp mode frequently. Got it all payed for went for a drive that night ended up taking him home just out of town. Though since the auto was all nice fixed now do a bit of a celebration skid back on to the highway while leaving my mates drive way. Turns up the divvy van sitting about 50m up the road under a big tree didnt appreciate my little celbration skid lol

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #102
Cam
Stroking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_reaper
surely must have been some pretty dodgy overtaking... on a very small width road i would assume?
Was indeed, middle of nowhere, huge straight stretch of road, on a skinny road overtaking a wide truck heading to the mines, just wanted to get past him, 146 in a 100 zone. Was the one and only time i had ever seen a copper there. Gutted!
Old 22-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #103
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Well, There are a few things. Took delivery of a brand new VX S'pack company car only to reverse into a trailer that evening delivering Pizzas (earning extra cash). I then had to take car into get serviced by a dodgy Holden dealer (so high and mighty, so far up themselves...). I blamed them for scratching it up (I honestly forgot at the time about the trailer incident the night before!), and after a big argument they fixed it up.

Another, I was teaching a mate how to drive in my ol XE (no power anything!) and he had done great for 1hr so I said lets go back into Bowral and Ill buy you a drink (coke). He went to park the ol girl and couldnt turn the wheel, ploughing straight into a lamp post reinforced with 1/2 inch steel! Made a mess of the car. I didnt buy him a drink.

Another, my ol XE again. I had an ignition barrel that was pretty stuffed. I started the car realised that I had forgotten my bag and went inside to get it. I then drove 40-50mins into School and realised that I had put my keys down when I went to get my bag, in the kitchen! Best part. It was on LPG, and if I had let it run out of fuel... you can guess the rest! So I stalled it. I worried about it all day and rang my Dad who said he would try and get to me by the end of school. After lunch I realised I had my spare key in my wallet. Stupid memory!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #104
irlewy86
Meep Meep

1 word

NEONS
Old 22-09-2008, 08:18 PM   #105
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Well I think this is pretty stupid.
2 guys (probably getting stoned) @ 6am on a Saturday morn, somehow must of got a bit cocky.
Thought a Sat Morn bush bash with a few screechies would be good fun.
Happened in Rowville, Vic.

Well it was a bush bash alright, the car didn't survive the sudden stop.
Went through 2 fences, took out a small tree etc etc. They must of been hoot'n along.
Still don't know how the hell they got there, without getting bogged..??:

They paid the ultimate penalty of stupidity for going bush bashing in a car like that. Ahahaha.
A phone call to Ambulance, Firey's and most probably mum, well this is what you get :

Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #106
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stupidest thing ive done was doing 250kph and to top it of i got busted doing it.
then the 2nd stupidest thing was pulling over and wainting a couple of minutes for the cops to catch up.
before i get flamed it was 2am empty brand new highway new xr8 could not resist
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #107
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Putting a bloody cannon on it. : :
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #108
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Stupidest thing ive done was doing 250kph and to top it of i got busted doing it.
then the 2nd stupidest thing was pulling over and wainting a couple of minutes for the cops to catch up.
Empty except for the coppers you mean? :

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #109
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Tonko]
Empty except for the coppers you mean? :
Well yeah . Got me there
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #110
X000BOSS
I12 GO FASTER

ive got a few but this is my favourite. i was a p-plater many moons ago in a sigma with a "toll" bar!! finished filling my tyres with air and just threw the air hose behind the car to save me walking around. drove off and i feel a little jolt and hear alot of noise. the air hose wrapped around the tow bar goose neck and i ripped out the servo's air box thing! oops. had to get out of the car, undo the hose from my car and do the bolt while people were watching me.
Old 23-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #111
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappy84
Lets see-

200 kays in a VERY dodgy VL.

200 kays on a bike wearing ONLY a helmet.

Doing circle work in bush in new car.

Trying out taking off in fourth in brand new work Holden Astra.

Trying taking off in FIFTH in work Hilux.

Loading WAY too much concrete on work Hilux.

And neutral slapping mates Commo............it didn't like it.
sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #112
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
200 kays on a bike wearing ONLY a helmet.
Indecent exposure? :P

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #113
SLYXT
FG xr6 Ute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
Worst thing i have ever done was: Adjusting my seat while descending a hill then hitting the brakes at the same time. Locked up the brakes: My nose met the windscreen pretty quick as the seat belt didn't tension up and hold me back. I am sure i am not the only one to have done this!?
Wasnt me but seeing my wifes father do the same thing in a tarago Ultima and being a bit on the chubby side stuck between the wheel and the seat was a classic rofl!
SLYXT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #114
HOEBAG
Banned

bahaha awesome
Old 23-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #115
Cam
Stroking it...

Actually, i just remembered the worst thing I have ever done. we need a username to post these "bad" things under to protect us from "big brother". In the mean time. I aint saying shizzle!
Old 23-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #116
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

The stupidest thing i have ever done to a car was when i was a youngin at the age of about 15 me and a friend thought it would be fully sick to stick a hair dryer on the air intake to the carby of a 3cylinder 4x4 convertable ex-army suzuki to make it as fast as the xr6 turbos...... Then we tried to do burnouts in another suzuki fwd hatchback by just dropping the clutch when we assumed the handbreak locked up all the wheels and roll-backs snapped gear box's....
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2008, 07:49 AM   #117
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Don't they teach kids anything in school these days =P

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post