Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-10-2006, 06:32 PM   #91
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Any and ALL alien talk should be directed through this "man"... he'll give you the REAL lowdown on everything "unidentified".

Old 25-10-2006, 06:35 PM   #92
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Any and ALL alien talk should be directed through this "man"... he'll give you the REAL lowdown on everything "unidentified".

Xenu be praised.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #93
aufairy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
Ive read only a little on the Mayans Astrology...they had documented Planets we have only discovered with modern te technology

They also talk of the world in phases

Isn't 2012 supposeldy when we awken to higher level of concsiencness..ie telepathy.....WHich ties in with what your saying regarding the immediate realisation of other life forms...our minds are to feeble to understand
also known as 46 and 2 we are suppose to evolve into a more undersatnding race imo i think they do exist its just they want to stay as un noticed as possible until people change. anything what isnt right in this world we will try to kill it including are own.. its mankind. why would they want to become visible to us what to be killed out:
aufairy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 08:59 PM   #94
Sledgehammer
Banned

Why do I never see aliens, I would love too.....

See lots of mexicans up here does that count?

:lookedat:
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #95
red_hotxr6
Banned

We are not ready yet for them.Do you know the implications of there actually being aliens here. Technology-theology, share market would go haywire, nah it could not happen yet.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #96
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hotxr6
We are not ready yet for them.Do you know the implications of there actually being aliens here. Technology-theology, share market would go haywire, nah it could not happen yet.
Brian storming sessions have already drawn the blinds on any such information and the implications. Nuff said.
Old 25-10-2006, 10:52 PM   #97
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hmm Hmm , now who was it that said there was no such thing as aliens !

gee, and i thought my life was over when i first got false teeth ! ( although they aint that bad in the end ) , but imagine having to live ya life looking like that ! ..

sorry couldn;t help myself ... hehehehe :

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #98
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Hmm Hmm , now who was it that said there was no such thing as aliens !

Oh come on thats not an alien thats a freaking FREAK.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #99
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
red_hotxr6[/B]]I remember 2 things quite clearly, 1 when the train was invented they said it would go so fast it would take your breath away and you would die.
Nothing incorrect about this in the domestic sense - look at Granville and Waterfall!

Seriously though:-
When residing in PNG back in 1978, read about a report of UFO activity very late one night, that was seen by a mission priest and adjoining village in the highlands back in 1954. Usual thing we've come to know, lights-orange, speed, up-down the valley, then eventually high speed vertical till simply not seen etc. We are talking big mountain ranges and valleys and crystal clear air at night.

The earliest UFO event I know of was that told me by my now deceased grandmother. It happened back in 1924 in Cooranbong at Alton Road. At the time their property was an orchard and BIG, kept chooks, pigs - domestic.

Deep down the back at about 10pm the then family comprising grandmother, grandfather and great-grandparents, had their attention drawn one night by animal disturbance (pigs-chickens) to a roundish, metalic-pantop lid like object deep down the back paddock, just inside the row of native trees running left-right, bordering the property, parallel in line with Alton Road, but not next it - down the back.

It made no noise, she described that it had downward bluish light, but this was not permananet-on/off a while, alternating-fluctuating red-ish light around the edges. They watched this event, from the back stairs, were very intrigued but were not in any manner going to approach it.

Grandfather was involved in the nearby STA church, with fearful voice ushered grandma in; "C'mon Eileen - we'd better get inside". It departed maybe 15 minutes later "at temendous speed".

It's not something spoken of freely, but stayed with them in family discussions till the end.

In WW2, allied pilots over Europe would refer to "Foo Fighters", craft of some description, that seemed to observe, including 'play' with enemy aircraft during dogfights, 'tag'. These moved at extremely high speed, would stop suddenly, take off at all angles. I don't know what the axis fighters called them.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #100
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
There are however a lot of advances in technology that we dont know about, take into consideration the SR-71 Blackbird was developed by the US Airforce in the early 60's, then replaced by something else when nothing was wrong with it. It was a style 30 years ahead of its time.
The SR71 wasn't replaced with anything. It just became cheaper and a lot less risky to use satellite recon.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #101
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
The SR71 wasn't replaced with anything. It just became cheaper and a lot less risky to use satellite recon.
The yanks still use similar aircraft, watching C-Band sat TV, a South American nation complaining of "US spy flights", supersonic and almost to A daily timetable, that their airforce couLdn't catch - right on cue the sonic boom smack middle of the news conference!:-)
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #102
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Probably unmanned though.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #103
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft

The earliest UFO event I know of was that told me by my now deceased grandmother. It happened back in 1924 in Cooranbong at Alton Road. At the time their property was an orchard and BIG, kept chooks, pigs - domestic.
Geez, that's pretty close to my first investment property - I'll have to tell the tennants to ensure they have their Emergency Raelian Repellant™ handy.

"Who's your French daddy!"
Old 26-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #104
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN189
I wonder how long it will take for the Feds to close this thread
My Mum was on the Perth coast in the about 77. A light was traveling about 200-300km a second up and down the coast back and fourth then went out to sea. Fisherman saw it to and alot of people reported it to the police and the fremantle police station. When dad ( who was a cop back then) went to have a look the next morning the pages had been ripped out.

Me and Dad still talk about it to this day
Old 26-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #105
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Apparently i herd that the in California they have a UFO type thing and it can travel from there to australia in minutes. Beilve it or dont.

I belive the government have this sort of stuff.

What about when the Alien was kept at the white house when kennedy was there and ufo`s came down to get the alien back. Yes i no it sounds dumb but there was fighter jets circling the white house all night and alot of people saw it.
Old 26-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #106
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR_
My Mum was on the Perth coast in the about 77. A light was traveling about 200-300km a second up and down the coast back and fourth then went out to sea. Fisherman saw it to and alot of people reported it to the police and the fremantle police station. When dad ( who was a cop back then) went to have a look the next morning the pages had been ripped out.

Me and Dad still talk about it to this day
This is the recurring story... Cover-ups, denials, de-bunks.
A characteristic of a UFO which is hard to relate to something originating on earth is its tremendous speed and sudden change of direction without slowing.
The authorities are stumped if they can't offer a plausible explanation, so then they bury the issue.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #107
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

My wife reckons she has seen UFOs many times ... but I think she refers to me coming down the driveway with all lights ablaze. :
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #108
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
The yanks still use similar aircraft, watching C-Band sat TV, a South American nation complaining of "US spy flights", supersonic and almost to A daily timetable, that their airforce couLdn't catch - right on cue the sonic boom smack middle of the news conference!:-)
Wonder if the situation was reversed,instant pretext for war and invasion,the hypocrisy of it all...
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #109
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I was out in the middle of nowhere North of Adelaide, lying on a blanket and watching the stars one night, there were a couple of us and we were watching satellites and such cross the sky. We saw two coming in from different directions and thought "Hey cool they will intersect" at which point at about 10 degrees seperation from each other (Their course was such that they would have intersected directly above our position), one performed a 90 degree turn at high speed, shot towards the horizon and followed it before disappearing, while the other came to a dead halt and sat in the sky for some 20 minutes before fading away. We all witnessed it.

Heres what I deduced from the encounter. Aircraft at high altitude and at high speed do not perform instant 90 degree high speed turns without turning their pilots into Jelly or turning said aircraft into a loose assortment of wreckage. Hence it wasnt a conventional aircraft.

Satellites sure as hell dont change direction in such a manner, and they sure as hell dont just decide to stop and wait in a geosync orbit. Hence it wasnt a satellite.

Sure as hell unidentified. Sure as hell Flying. Sure as hell an object.
I had a similar experience one night near Tamworth, was lying in the back of the ute amusing myself watching satellites cross the night sky when one of them performed a 90 degree turn and disappeared over the horizon.

Regards,
Tote
Old 27-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #110
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
I had a similar experience one night near Tamworth, was lying in the back of the ute amusing myself watching satellites cross the night sky when one of them performed a 90 degree turn and disappeared over the horizon.

Regards,
Tote
I can vouch for these things too ! , when visiting the country around roakwood/ballarat years ago we would lye on our back of a night and watch the sky. With the country being so dark ( no city lights ) you can see the sky/starts really clear on a clear/non cloudy night. 'EVERYTIME' i have been up there i check it out and they are allways around. I noticed that most of the activity would allways be around 3.00am in the morning , the sky was literally buzzing with action always around 3.am.
I saw plenty of them do wierd manouvers (non satellite like). The best 1 myself and my mate whitnesses was a particular one we was both watching, it was heading from the west arcross the sky to the east, the moon was in the top middle of the sky ( full moon ) , this thing headed towards it heading at the middle left of the moon , then it like went around the top of the moon untin it reached the right hand middle side then continued on its course for a while , until it got nearlly fully east , then it shot off across the sky upwards and back towards the NW . It was like whatever it was was actually inline with the moon and went around it !.. hehehe. GOod stuff watching them, still plenty of them around nowerdays too , just gotta be in a dark area to watch them ( in the counrty is perfect , away drom city lights ).

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post