Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-05-2011, 10:18 PM   #91
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Default Re: Whats the worst pain you have ever experienced?

i have been blessed with things like pain, but when 9 i had my third operation on my eye and one of internal stitches that were meant to disolve came adrift and landed on the back of my eye - not sure how painful that would be to me today for a 9 year old, it was massive
probably the worst as an adult was just after waking up from a hernia operation. until they gave me some more pain killers it was pretty harsh. the pain killers worked because all i remember is the initial pain and then coming in and out of conciousness during the sydney/st kilda preliminary in 2005. i would see about 10-20 minutes and then nod off again, wake up for another 10-20 minutes and nod off again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
reading posts from Sudszy
that is a bit harsh - he owned a classic (i am not sure that it was a classic when he owned it, but it seems it was a car) - see, he is one of us afterall. he is just looking out for us, because heaven knows, we need protecting from ourselves and would be lost without him

Last edited by gtxb67; 26-05-2011 at 10:23 PM.
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 10:25 PM   #92
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs
Twisted nut...................pure agony !!
I know someone who copped the same thing, all kinds of agony!

As for me I don't think I've ever experienced anything really painful. I've probably jinxed myself now........
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 12:03 AM   #93
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I thought I would throw a few pics up since no one else has. This is my ankle at the moment. Probably not the worst pain ever but after tearing ligaments early in the morn and continuing to work (drafting sheep) for most of the day it was more than a tickle. The next day was quite painful. I wasn't able to stand on it for a couple of days.

My other painful experiences? When I was young, probably about 3 or 4, I was sitting on a swivel stool at the breakfast bar. Anyway I pushed with my feet against the cupboards, the chair tilts back on 2 legs then swivels around and throws me face first into the floor. My 2 front teeth were shoved up into my gums never to be seen again. I was too young to remember but I am sure that would have hurt like hell.

My only other one was cluster headaches. They are a type of migraine. I basically feels like your head is going to explode. For me they came on every morning and lasted for probably 3 or 4 hours. Luckily I haven't had them for years but they are that bad that you want your head to explode to make it stop. I would say they are the worst pain I have experienced. You cannot think and are basically crippled with pain.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #94
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ouch! i would have thought that should be wrapped up?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 03:29 AM   #95
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Hit in the nuts with a cricket bat when I was 13 - Swollen testicle, it is easily the most painful thing I've ever experienced... it grew to approximately twice-three times regular size.

That was the last time I ever played wicket keeper!

I couldn't sit down without IMMENSE pain, I couldn't walk without IMMENSE pain, I could only really lay down and feel a large degree of pain (better than standing or sitting).

It lasted about two or three weeks, the doctor had nothing but sympathy for me. He gave me some painkillers and some other fancy drugs that thankfully worked to get rid of the swelling.
The thing is, I was too embarrassed to tell anybody that anything had happened, so I went to school like that for a week or so before I saw a doctor.
I'd honestly prefer to die over have that happen again!

I've been burnt, kicked, punched, I've slipped over, dropped things on myself, got nasty cuts, etc but nothing compares to that pain.
The initial hit from the cricket bat felt like nothing compared to the ongoing pain. The hit had a massive amount of force behind it, I was wearing a box and it broke that!!!

A few months ago, I was trying to pry a massive steel bar out of a piece of shelving; I stupidly put my head over it just as I gave it a massive tug, it came free and slammed me right under the chin.
I was talking to a customer at the time (this happened at work) and she didn't notice.
Turned out the blow cracked a couple of teeth, chipped another and I'm truly surprised it didn't break my jaw/I didn't pass out.
Funny thing is, I continued the conversation as if nothing had happened and proceeded to sell the customer her wares
Old 27-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #96
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I know a guy who supposedly took to a hemorrhoid with a pair of side cutters.
Did anyone else's coight tighten up reading that! Jebus!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #97
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Kidney stones and the pain in my lower back and right leg from dodgy L4-L5 and L5-S1 discs or lack of.
Old 27-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #98
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Done the broken bones thing from falling off bikes going way too fast etc etc etc and although it is not a physical pain what totally destroyed me was when my 2 sons were young ( too young to communicate to you what was wrong with them ) and had something wrong with them , having to sit impotently by as they suffered totally tore my insides out . The feeling is palpable and impossible to describe , anyone whos been through it will know .
wrongwaynorris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 10:43 AM   #99
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I know a guy who supposedly took to a hemorrhoid with a pair of side cutters.

A very good mate of mine had a massive wart on his finger, it wrapped around half of it. He went to the shed, got a hammer and sharp chisel and tried to take it off.

When he couldn't hit the chisel with the hammer (not enough hands) he asked his dad to do it and he refused. Next time I saw him he not only had a bit of a cut on his wart, he had a dirty great graze on his forehead...

Same guy drilled 3 or 4 holes in it with a 1mm drill bit, poured acid into it, screamed and promptly vomited. He ended up with septicemia and a bigger wart. Funny thing about it was that one day, only months down the track, it just left all by itself.
Whilst not the worst pain i have experienced. I once blew my hand up with a penny bunger. Luckly I was holding it by my finger tips so all I got was one Giant Black hand that was twice the size of the other. then after about 3 weeks all the skin fell off and exsposed 3 week old dried blood. really impressed the ladies. On the plus side it got rid of a wart I had on one of my fingers that I'd been hacking at for weeks and the new skin was baby smooth.

Other painfull events - Broke both arms at the same time (one of them in two places), shot with a bb gun, multiple bmx stacks, hit in the head by a log, 1 miilion construction related accidents but there are 2 standouts.
1) when I was five (it was that bad i can still remmeber 25 years later) I was sitting on the rear carry rack of a nighbours racing bycilcle and my foot got caught in the spokes and chain at about 40kmh causing an awsome skid and a very sore foot.
2) got a full concrete truck stuck on a very steep hill and had to unload it by barrow about 50 meters away. after doing that I had to move 150kg concret pads around until we got the truck out (2 hours later). My whole boddy cramped up for about 5 minutes (. I would gladdly choose every other pain i experienced in my life all at once than that cramp-a-thon).
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #100
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
ouch! i would have thought that should be wrapped up?
It was, for a bit, but I couldn't fit my foot in my boot and we were busy so I took it off.
naddis01 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #101
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holy crap just reading this thread is making me ache all over!
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #102
colin55

I was in an energex cherry picker 4.5yrs ago, the turn table snapped.
The result was 3 broken vertebrae, pieces of bone apparently 60% of the way through my spinal column. Fix was some titanium rods and some screws.
At the time I wished to die as it hurt allot (cannot find the words to express this).
Now it’s not too bad, just constant back pain, some days it still keeps me in bed.

2008 Lexus lx570, silver
colin55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #103
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I have a fairly high pain threshold, however I can not take any kind of anesthetic...so having a root canal done on a front tooth and having a live nerve still present.....is probably about the worse pain I have ever felt. Ouch!

Having said that though...you tend to forget the pain fairly quickly.
Old 27-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #104
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In 2008 (I was 20) my back completely collapsed. (some may remember a thread) My L5/S1 disc was completely shot, irreparable and useless. It did not support my spine what so ever and the problem is between those 2 vertebraes is where the nerves go through which travel down the legs to your feet. This crushed the nerves. I'm sure most of you have experienced sciatica and I'd already dealt with it for a few years as it progressively got worse since it started as an ache when i was about 17.
What happened was being the romantic man I am, I decided to take the missus for a horse ride in the Hunter Valley during a work conference on a Saturday. Spent an hour on the horse and yeah I wasn't exactly comfortable (probably blinding pain to most people lol) but I was handling it. Drove home that afternoon and everything felt under control. Went out that night to the city for my birthday and partied hardy before relaxing all Sunday.

Monday morning I get to work and its a bit stiff, a bit stingy and I wasn't surprised since the weekend i'd had but by about 11:30 I couldn't walk. My feet were both numb, my legs felt like they were coursing with acid, my nerves felt like they were being sliced with white hot scalples, I literally couldn't see and I was almost passing out. I think what made it worse was it was concentrated in certain spots - Like the muscles felt okay, maybe a tiny bit of tingle but right next to it was blinding pain.. Somehow I managed to get home via public transport (should have bought a bottle of JD for the trip now that I think about it).
The next few days were hell - could barely move. Took an hour just to put a pair of pants on, couldn't even go to the bathroom without a blinding struggle. No sleep until they knocked me out for the surgery..

By Thursday that week I was in Hospital having 2 rods and 4 bolts implanted to support the vertebraes and take the weight off the disc.

It still hurts almost constantly but no where near as bad as it did and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. 95% of the time its just a dull ache but its taken 2 years to get to this point..

Last edited by Fev; 27-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 06:17 PM   #105
colin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
In 2008 (I was 20) my back completely collapsed. (some may remember a thread) My L5/S1 disc was completely shot, irreparable and useless. It did not support my spine what so ever and the problem is between those 2 vertebraes is where the nerves go through which travel down the legs to your feet. This crushed the nerves. I'm sure most of you have experienced sciatica and I'd already dealt with it for a few years as it progressively got worse since it started as an ache when i was about 17.
What happened was being the romantic man I am, I decided to take the missus for a horse ride in the Hunter Valley during a work conference on a Saturday. Spent an hour on the horse and yeah I wasn't exactly comfortable (probably blinding pain to most people lol) but I was handling it. Drove home that afternoon and everything felt under control. Went out that night to the city for my birthday and partied hardy before relaxing all Sunday.

Monday morning I get to work and its a bit stiff, a bit stingy and I wasn't surprised since the weekend i'd had but by about 11:30 I couldn't walk. My feet were both numb, my legs felt like they were coursing with acid, my nerves felt like they were being sliced with white hot scalples, I literally couldn't see and I was almost passing out. I think what made it worse was it was concentrated in certain spots - Like the muscles felt okay, maybe a tiny bit of tingle but right next to it was blinding pain.. Somehow I managed to get home via public transport (should have bought a bottle of JD for the trip now that I think about it).
The next few days were hell - could barely move. Took an hour just to put a pair of pants on, couldn't even go to the bathroom without a blinding struggle. No sleep until they knocked me out for the surgery..

By Thursday that week I was in Hospital having 2 rods and 4 bolts implanted to support the vertebraes and take the weight off the disc.

It still hurts almost constantly but no where near as bad as it did and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone. 95% of the time its just a dull ache but its taken 2 years to get to this point..
Can I ask if they fused the 2 vertebrae? If yes are they planning on removing the Rods?

2008 Lexus lx570, silver
colin55 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #106
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

i was prying a wreck door open with a jimmy bar, at full force and leveraging as hard as i could to get the lock to pop (credit to nissan), the bar popped out and straight into my cheek bone (luckily just below the eye). i went starry as, felt like barry hall had a free shot at me, nearly blacked out but kept standing and just said "oh s#$". about 3-4 seconds later, the blood just started slowly streaming out. got a pretty cool scar now due to the claw end of the jimmy bar..

but by far the worst pain (i may cop **** for this) is emotional pain. Because nothing fixes it. you cant take any drugs for it, and drinking makes it just more aparent.

ive never broken a bone, nor fractured, and im a pretty action based guy. either lucky, or unbreakable.
Old 28-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #107
RiTz

Yuh emotional pain Is the $&@!.. *In 2006 I lost my dad suddenly with heart attack in the march and my 14yo nephew in a car accident that sept... He was driving at super high speed with the 30+ yo female owner of the vehicle in the passenger seat..car burst into flames with him trapped in it..don't get me wrong.. He shouldn't have been driving...but.. The punishment for the &@!& bag in the passenger seat...a $750 fine!! And the cop heard her tell her mother she grabbed the steering wheel ( was inadmissable cuz he didn't SEE her say it).... Pain... Now that's someone I wish a world of pain upon 

Oh and the fine wasn't for him driving...it was cuz she refused to tell the cops who was driving !?!

Jo
RiTz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #108
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RiTz I'm hearen ya

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #109
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Kidney stones twice!!

They hurt real bad!! Thought someone had stabbed me in my sleep the first time!! Bad bad bad!
Amen to that. Ive had 3 renal attacks in the last 6 months & had a stent installed & removed.
Its the most excruciating, unrelenting pain there is & it has actually made me vomit each time ive had an attack & im not prone to upchucking.
Wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post