Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #91
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
It sold so poorly that it went on to special order only and was then dropped.
I'm not sure if you are correct on that one. The GTS went to special order when the VYII Clubsports came out with the 285kw LS1. They kept in on sale, from my understanding because it sold well, and they were worried that people who wanted the extra features that came with the GTS would miss out. The limited numbers of them that they made all sold from what I heard. And they reason they dropped it after that was when the VZ came out with the LS2.

I'm sure they would have kept the whole thing going had there been another crate motor available through the model cycle that concsistently had a 40-50kw gap between the BASE HSVs. Now since they have a couple of options with a 7 litre LS7 or supercharged LS9 they are bringing the model (albeit a GTS-R) back. The concept of a limited edition highly powerful top of the range to HSV definitly was and will be a success, otherwise they wouldn't bother bringing it back altogether.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #92
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Probably not.

But I think Holden should be showing something that they can BUILD here that will :

1. Win them market share back from Toyota.

2. Get the many punters who get novated leases considering their product instead of Honda's, Mazda's, & the various AWD Toyota's (under 35 buyers also).

We'll all admit that Holden's imports arent' setting the world on fire (hey neither are Ford's). But coming up with the same old HSV (with a huge engine) is getting a bit stale IMO. Where's the Torana etc ? Not the Epica surely !

BTW: Ford need to do much better too. But this thread is about Ford being in trouble because of another ridiculously fast HSV. Ford would be in trouble if Holden came up with a good medium car with a good diesel motor that was good value for money, and got the new car buyers back out of imports into Holdens. Ford did that to a certain degree 4 years ago with Territory (that is now waning though).
As others above have said this car is HSV and will have no effect on Holden sales nor other HSV's in my opinion.
There were a few non-HSV/Holden buyers lined up for the 427GTS that never happened so I'm picking they will be aiming at that market ie new buyers as well as offering something special to their loyal HSV customers - not to mention potential buyers aka FPV
Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #93
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

Its amazing how many of you think this car is not practical and a stupid idea and it wont work and you wouldnt buy one for that price you would buy European instead.
Well alot of you need to go and read the thread that 4V man started about
09 GTHO $150,000
350kw naturally aspirated
77% of you voted that you would buy one now, would need to get Finance to assist, or want one but cant afford it.
I say good on HSV for coming up with the cars they do as they always have more power than ours and go faster and have more options when it comes to doing mods. to finish up in my opinion no Australian built Car should be selling for this sort of money
Old 09-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #94
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_190
if it truley is around the 120K price range than I think i would rather go a C63 AMG for about 15K more, a much tighter package.
Agreed, that C63 is a menace to society!!

450hp in a car that weighs only 1730kg!!...those AMG guys are nutters, but with good reason.

Back on topic, that GTS-R has a bonnet bulge and racing stripes!!...just like their FPV counterparts...

What a joke, first they have that stupid looking roof stripe package on the SS-V's and now this... :

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #95
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

God i hope ford match this and then Holden up the power and then we can all look forward to 7.0 Litre Inter cooled Supercharged Nitrous injected Falcon and Commodores.
That cost $500,000 will only Run on 130 Race fuel that look absolutely ****ing spectacular sitting in the show room, But you would be more likely too see rocking horse **** on the pavement than see one of theses overpriced Family cars on the street. But hay at lest we can all talk about how much better the Ford or Holden that we carn't afford is.

This would all be right before the Government steps in and outlaws powerful cars, slaps up with blanket 80km/h speed limits to save the children.

So yes Please, please let's have a super car war.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #96
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra
I'm not sure if you are correct on that one. The GTS went to special order when the VYII Clubsports came out with the 285kw LS1. They kept in on sale, from my understanding because it sold well, and they were worried that people who wanted the extra features that came with the GTS would miss out.
Yes.

Ohlins adjustable shocks, six piston brakes and the extra 15kw were the reasons why it was relegated to special order and not scrapped.

Probably a good car to buy now if you could find a 2 door version at the right price.

Daniel
Old 10-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #97
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFella
HSV needs something other than commodores, as FPV needs something other than Falcon. Local Focus production will help FPV make a true FPV Focus (as opposed to a Focus RS).
The Mk.3 Focus ST and RS will still be built in Germany. The rest (CL, LX, Zetec, Ghia etc) will be built in Australia.
Unless... if FPV is making Australia-only performance Foci. OR they might do what Honda is doing with the Civic... there's the Civic Type-R (which really is Type-S) from Europe and then there's one from Japan (which is the real Type-R).
Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 PM   #98
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Yes.

Ohlins adjustable shocks, six piston brakes and the extra 15kw were the reasons why it was relegated to special order and not scrapped.

Probably a good car to buy now if you could find a 2 door version at the right price.

Daniel
They figured they'd make more money milking the GTS for what is was worth rather than having all those extra bits as options. I think you could get the 6 pots on the VYII clubbie but not the Ohlins till VZ.

A 6 speed manaul 300 GTS 2 door would be a great pick up with a 6 speed manaul (disregarding the clunkiness of the manual itself).
Old 10-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #99
ED Classic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
Its amazing how many of you think this car is not practical and a stupid idea and it wont work and you wouldnt buy one for that price you would buy European instead.
Well alot of you need to go and read the thread that 4V man started about
09 GTHO $150,000
350kw naturally aspirated
77% of you voted that you would buy one now, would need to get Finance to assist, or want one but cant afford it.
I say good on HSV for coming up with the cars they do as they always have more power than ours and go faster and have more options when it comes to doing mods. to finish up in my opinion no Australian built Car should be selling for this sort of money

Exactly!! If it werent for HSV we would still have a Windsor 170kw V8 in our XR8 if any V8 or 6T at all. FPV should know where the market is by now, HSV has been showing them for years, its just a shame FPV dont want to lead and most of all hold that lead.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #100
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green X
God i hope ford match this and then Holden up the power and then we can all look forward to 7.0 Litre Inter cooled Supercharged Nitrous injected Falcon and Commodores.
That cost $500,000 will only Run on 130 Race fuel that look absolutely ****ing spectacular sitting in the show room, But you would be more likely too see rocking horse **** on the pavement than see one of theses overpriced Family cars on the street. But hay at lest we can all talk about how much better the Ford or Holden that we carn't afford is.

This would all be right before the Government steps in and outlaws powerful cars, slaps up with blanket 80km/h speed limits to save the children.

So yes Please, please let's have a super car war.

Bingo Green X. The way the game is played between the Blue Oval and the kitty cat builders is quite responsible in a way! The general public arent realy savvy to the fact that these sports models are as fast as they are . Back in 72 they made no effort to hide that they kept upping power outputs to try out do the opposition! That was untill evan green the lowlife journalist wrote the infamous doomsday ,end of the civilised world ,millions are in jeapordy sensationalistic tripe aimed at the naive, soon to be tragic victims of these Devil possesed supercars.

Of course the Govt of the time thought they should save us all from ourselves and threatened to impose economic sanctions on the three big makers of our beloved death machines.

I wasnt going to reply to this thread at all as the title is made of the same stuff the late mr evan green made himself famous with, because I couldnt be bothered getting into arguments , which seem to happen alot lately on here . I just thought Green X hit the nail exactly dead centre , on the head with his post !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 10-02-2008, 06:13 PM   #101
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Which are all commodores in essence, with the exemption of the Astra, which is made by Opel (a fact so obvious that the steering wheel has an Opel badge on it). HSV needs something other than commodores, as FPV needs something other than Falcon. Local Focus production will help FPV make a true FPV Focus (as opposed to a Focus RS).
just a simple question how many terry owner's would buy a fpv terry?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #102
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
Bingo Green X. The way the game is played between the Blue Oval and the kitty cat builders is quite responsible in a way! The general public arent realy savvy to the fact that these sports models are as fast as they are . Back in 72 they made no effort to hide that they kept upping power outputs to try out do the opposition! That was untill evan green the lowlife journalist wrote the infamous doomsday ,end of the civilised world ,millions are in jeapordy sensationalistic tripe aimed at the naive, soon to be tragic victims of these Devil possesed supercars.

Of course the Govt of the time thought they should save us all from ourselves and threatened to impose economic sanctions on the three big makers of our beloved death machines.

I wasnt going to reply to this thread at all as the title is made of the same stuff the late mr evan green made himself famous with, because I couldnt be bothered getting into arguments , which seem to happen alot lately on here . I just thought Green X hit the nail exactly dead centre , on the head with his post !
Hear hear! I see too many people getting caught up in a silly red vs blue war when really, we are only too lucky to have these too great muscle car brands down under.
I'm not a fence sitter because I like and respect both brands but rather a follower of true Aussie designed & powerful cars that many others around the world wish they could have.

They are globally unique and rely on each other pushing the boundry in order to give the buyers and admirers of each respective brand something to aspire to and/or enjoy

As I mentioned earlier, any Ford lover ridiculing this car (or any previous similar example) would give his/her right arm for Ford to match/better it so why not respect it for what it is?

Whether it happens or not..
Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #103
WKD-XR6
AZZA

so holden came out with this big woop there still a crappy chevy ford will doing something to top that i hate holden go ford
Old 12-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #104
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKD-XR6
so holden came out with this big woop there still a crappy chevy ford will doing something to top that i hate holden go ford
Like the V10 GTHO? :

Anyway not a fan of its styling. Too ricer looking, but I like the powerplant.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #105
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKD-XR6
good one troll. :togo:
"...remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice..."
Old 13-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #106
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
just a simple question how many terry owner's would buy a fpv terry?
I think I would call it a marketing exercise. And no the FPV terry probably wouldn't appeal to those who already have a turbo terry (maybe to those that have a NA terry though).

: If only I were old enough :
Old 15-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #107
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
I think I would call it a marketing exercise. And no the FPV terry probably wouldn't appeal to those who already have a turbo terry (maybe to those that have a NA terry though).
yes but don't look at the don'k.
think of the leather, limited run, the option of a boss, simply the ownership
of somthing different.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #108
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Re: Ford Is In Trouble- 400+kw Supercharged GTS-R At Melbourne Motor Show

LOL some interesting comments in this OLD thread

I was actually trying to find photos from members from the 2011 Melbourne Motor Show.................

Yes i know its OLD - yes i know when the last post - yes its a thread mine

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Closed Thread