Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #91
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why don't drink drivers cars get impounded?

Instead of impounding cars, why not impound the drivers (commonly known as imprisonment)? It's not as if the car has committed an offence.

I remain vehemently opposed to impounding and confiscation. This amounts to theft, nothing more, nothing less.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2015, 07:43 PM   #92
shaine71
Shaine

I think the way the system works now is not too bad for low range convictions. (.05/.099)

High range convictions should be a lot harsher, including car impounding/jail time, I just think .053 is a lot different to .153. especially when you can still drive in W.A at .08.

Just my thoughts guys.

FOR SALE...
shaine71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2015, 07:56 PM   #93
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
90 something year old bloke got done under the influence of pot and speed in Qld. Kept his car and didn't even get labelled a hoon.
But 1km over and you can get your car crushed, and thrown in the slammer with Big Bubba.
No doubt about it, this place is always good for a giggle when the subject turns to matters of a legal nature!
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #94
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is a silly rule to introduce. Punish the driver not the poor outer suburban family that is ****** when they lose the car.

Last edited by AU1XLS; 21-06-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 08:44 AM   #95
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am happy to see that the Vic State Gov is taking a hard stance on drink drivers. I do not feel sorry for them one minute.

The only issue I have is that no education will be put in place to teach people about drink driving.

One thing I hate about this country is the culture of young people drinking to they drop. I think more education about drinking in general should be taught in schools. We need to move on from, Alcohol is the only way to have fun.

If you are the owner of the car and you had lent your car and it has been impounded, you can get it back.
xisled is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 12:04 PM   #96
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
90 something year old bloke got done under the influence of pot and speed in Qld. Kept his car and didn't even get labelled a hoon.
But 1km over and you can get your car crushed, and thrown in the slammer with Big Bubba.
Please post details of a driver speeding by 1 km being jailed.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 12:56 PM   #97
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

The last sentence was tounge in cheek mate.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #98
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One can steal a car and go driving flat out, without any bother to such a thing as having to deal with getting a car crushed as well.

That car crushing law is just moronic.

I hear idiots flogging the hell out of cars, doing burnouts up the road from my place and somewhere over the hill.

Some nut was going for it like 30min, it sounded like a LS1 and it was on the rev limiter mainly all the time. I though it must be a stolen car with some full on drug'o nut at the wheel.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 03:26 PM   #99
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink Re: Why don't drink drivers cars get impounded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Please post details of a driver speeding by 1 km being jailed.
Oh come on, surely you don't expect facts to be posted. Random claims masquerading as facts to achieve your aim seem to be what many posts are relying on
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #100
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo View Post
Impounding the car if it belongs to the driver = good thing.

Impounding the car if it does not belong to the driver = bad thing.

That means punishing innocent people.

Does anyone remember the 1980s movie, "Brewster's Millions"?

Rich guy dies and leaves everything to his only relative - Brewster, who has always wasted every cent he can get his hands on.

The will states that he must squander $30 million in 30 days, and have nothing to show for it. If he can do that then he inherits $300 million. The theory being that after wasting 30 mill he won't want to waste any more. Lessons from excess, etc.

So, back to drink driving...

If someone gets pulled up and is drunk... then make them drink some more.

Lots more.

So much that they voluntarily have sex with the most hideously ugly person possible.

Photos will be taken, and SMSed to every single person on the drunk driver's phone contact list.

"Greetings from the Victorian coppers. Just a quick note to let you know that we've caught your friend driving with 0.11%. As punishment, we've kept him/her drinking for another couple of hours. Here are some photos of him happily bonking this 230kg behemoth. Drink and drive, and this could be you next weekend. Have a nice day!"

Blow over 0.05 and you bonk the ugly person. Blow over 0.10 and the ugly person also gets the contact details for the drink driver (email address, phone number, added to Facebook friends).

Blow over 0.15 and the cops setup a Facebook page to commemorate the new love that drink driver and ugly person have found together. Facebook page cannot be deleted for at least two years.

Added bonus: Extremely ugly people (eg me) get laid. For free. Awesome.

Blow over 0.20 and the cops strap a kilogram of heroin to the driver, give him/her a valium to put 'em to sleep and put 'em on the next plane to Bali.
This is gold...you win the internet...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #101
stockNAfairlane

Quote:
Impounding the car if it belongs to the driver = good thing.

Impounding the car if it does not belong to the driver = bad thing.

That means punishing innocent people.

Does anyone remember the 1980s movie, "Brewster's Millions"?

Rich guy dies and leaves everything to his only relative - Brewster, who has always wasted every cent he can get his hands on.

The will states that he must squander $30 million in 30 days, and have nothing to show for it. If he can do that then he inherits $300 million. The theory being that after wasting 30 mill he won't want to waste any more. Lessons from excess, etc.

So, back to drink driving...

If someone gets pulled up and is drunk... then make them drink some more.

Lots more.

So much that they voluntarily have sex with the most hideously ugly person possible.

Photos will be taken, and SMSed to every single person on the drunk driver's phone contact list.

"Greetings from the Victorian coppers. Just a quick note to let you know that we've caught your friend driving with 0.11%. As punishment, we've kept him/her drinking for another couple of hours. Here are some photos of him happily bonking this 230kg behemoth. Drink and drive, and this could be you next weekend. Have a nice day!"

Blow over 0.05 and you bonk the ugly person. Blow over 0.10 and the ugly person also gets the contact details for the drink driver (email address, phone number, added to Facebook friends).

Blow over 0.15 and the cops setup a Facebook page to commemorate the new love that drink driver and ugly person have found together. Facebook page cannot be deleted for at least two years.

Added bonus: Extremely ugly people (eg me) get laid. For free. Awesome.

Blow over 0.20 and the cops strap a kilogram of heroin to the driver, give him/her a valium to put 'em to sleep and put 'em on the next plane to Bali.
Are you saying you're 250kg behemoth? Because god damn if the punishment for drink driving was having to bonk/be bonked by a 250kg dude name Phildo i think this would usher in a new era of sobriety.
stockNAfairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #102
Phildo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent work on the BF Brake information. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Photo Essay - Centre Console Disassembly 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockNAfairlane View Post
Are you saying you're 250kg behemoth? Because god damn if the punishment for drink driving was having to bonk/be bonked by a 250kg dude name Phildo i think this would usher in a new era of sobriety.
Not quite 250kg... 130kg.

Behemoth in training.

Line me up with some hot looking 20-something women at booze buses and they'll never drink-drive again.

Read about it all at Cabloid, the web site that has stories and photos about my life driving a taxi at night.
www.cabloid.com.au
Phildo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #103
LoudPipes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

130kg.

Behemoth in training.

Line me up with some hot looking 20-something women at booze buses and they'll never drink-drive again.

Waking up after a heavy night on the sauce with the need to chew your arm off so as not to wake up the opposite sex laying in the bed next to you is a head clearer but doesn’t really stop you from doing it all again.

Now if for example they lined you up with someone of the same sex that may change their drinking habits forever.
Old 21-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #104
Trek
Blue blooded

I hope everyone who isn't aware wakes up to what is essentially taking place here, in the broader scheme. Distrust in everyone. The greater implications affect everyone in some aspect or to some degree, whether they realise it or not.

Drink driving is in fact a very minor part in what is being enforced here. Please wake up, everyone who hasn't.
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2015, 03:11 AM   #105
tonys6550

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaine71 View Post
I think the way the system works now is not too bad for low range convictions. (.05/.099)

High range convictions should be a lot harsher, including car impounding/jail time, I just think .053 is a lot different to .153. especially when you can still drive in W.A at .08.

Just my thoughts guys.
Since when has W.A gone back to .08?
tonys6550 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2015, 04:57 AM   #106
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 XC View Post
A DUI over 0.05 depending how much over is licence disqualified on the spot
Disqualified till your court case is heard , then depending on the judge a duration after that
IF you are caught driving between your offence and your court hearing
Your then done for driving unlicensed
A first offence DUI again depending on the amount will entail a $1200-$1500 fine
Plus your loss of licence
Get done 3 times over 0.05 for 3 times (??)like a local up here done
You till will enjoy the comforts of new love in her majesties palace
Why would you get done for unlicensed driving when you have a license??

At best you would be done for drive whist disqualified.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2015, 10:50 PM   #107
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think for repeat offenders, they should take their car, crush it and make beer cans out of them. Then put a photo of their car on the beer can and give it back to them. Before and after.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post