Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #91
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Reminder...new pushbike rules from April 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne View Post
more consideration and a generally better outlook on life, there wouldn't need to be any of this rubbish.
I wish those lycra wearing painted on pants type that ride 2 or 3 abreast would learn some common sense. Since they take up 30% or more of the roadway then applying these laws will mean I would have to cross solid lines (where applicable) to get around the latte sippers. Hardly safe! I'd rather knock a fool of a bike than a head on though.
Old 28-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #92
BHDOGS
Banned

I ******* hate cyclists.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #93
Nova 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne View Post
Now imagine that bike being 1.5-2tonnes of metal. As you say, some are jerks and some are considerate. Same goes for cars.

Thank god a motorist has never done something like that. You’re right. Cyclists are murderers!!

Well, if you want me to pay rego (which I am happy to do) I am now a car as far as I’m concerned. So yeah, I’ll take up the whole lane and be a car. Not exactly the outcome you were gunning for.

Yes it makes you more accountable, but do you think it’ll stop the jerk cyclists from being jerks?? I wonder if licence plates stop all drivers from breaking the rules… hmm.. nope!
Jerks are jerks.... Hmmm I think I said that.... But jerks with a number plate is able to be traced, held accountable and prosecuted. A cyclist simply rides away and continues on his jerky ways. Also you can consider yourself a car all you want, travel down the middle of the road like a jerk and people can take your number plate and hand it to the cop and then you can be fined. Just cause you say your a car cause you pay to have a number plate and basic insurance or what ever doesn't make you one. The law would be there and like any member of society you can either follow the law or not.

I've said it a few times now but I'll say it again. I think cyclist should only have to be registered when travelling on certain road which are high risk. What happens if a cyclist causes an accident and the car drive only has 3rd party and no way to pay for the repairs...

With these new laws in QLD they should introduce a keep left law for cyclist stating they must stay as far left as practicable/possible. Average cycling lane is 1-1.5m which means if they stay left motorist should be able to stay in their lane if hang right. Give cyclist a compareable fine for failure to do so.
Old 28-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #94
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Wow this threads going no where, as for every argument for there's one against. Each side have valid points, but like others have said, respect each other and apply common sense. Then we all should be able to use the road together, but it's quite obvious just by some of the replies in this thread, that'll never happen.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #95
BHDOGS
Banned

nope it will never happen and thus the thread is ended.
This user likes this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #96
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Three things AFF hates:

- Holden
- Jap Imports
- Cyclists

Not necessarily in that order either.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #97
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
I wish those lycra wearing painted on pants type that ride 2 or 3 abreast would learn some common sense. Since they take up 30% or more of the roadway then applying these laws will mean I would have to cross solid lines (where applicable) to get around the latte sippers. Hardly safe! I'd rather knock a fool of a bike than a head on though.
i love it when you get all dirty talk
4 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #98
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah I remember the bad old days when I was a noisy whinger who hated cyclists

Then I realised that cyclists are road users just like everyone else and there are worse things in the world than having to treat them like other vehicles by giving way to them
Old 28-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #99
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova 8 View Post
P platers all get tared with the same brush, constant introduction of blanket laws due to individuals.

I heard a frightening statistic about cyclist in SA last year, ~33% go through red lights. With the tour down under not that long in the past I can vividly remember groups of cyclist going down dual land roads (with a cyclist lane) hogging an entire lane riding illegally in groups 5 and wider(this happens YEARLY at this time for about 2-4wks and is worse in the hills). In this situation where there is a wide verge between opposite lanes it would be IMPOSSIBLE to overtake the illegally traveling cyclists with a 1m gap. When people do overtake and get too close these illegal cyclists could then snap a picture and get the driver held accountable(riding on a phone would be the same as driving I would assume???). Where is the accountability for the cyclist when breaking the law and riding 3+ wide or going through red lights, there is none.

IMO a cyclist should have to have a YEARLY PAID number plate (like cars) to use major roads. They have special lanes made for them which cost money, why shouldn't they have to help pay for them. If you don't want to pay for rego like ever single other road user then stick to back streets and get exercise. The argument that they pay car rego is pathetic because I pay rego on ALL my vehicles, but just cause I pay for a car doesn't mean I don't have to pay for my motorbike.

A simple google search also gives many, many cases of cyclists hitting pedestrians at which point they can ride off (and will, I've seen it) and even some cases of them killing them.... Insurance?

How fast do cyclists go? average 20km/h? max 45km/h on the flat???
I once did 55km/h on a BMX down a bit of a hill. If people on specialized roadbikes can't easily hit 30 on flat, they are not having a go.

All bikes should have a number plate, even if it's just a 1 off purchase fee of $40 or something. The ones who flout the law and cause dangerous situations and injure or damage other people's property need to be held accountable for their actions.
Just like how a car driver needs to be if they cause a dangerous situation for a cyclists. How is it different.
3 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #100
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
here, here!!

try taking taking a phone call, a family member cyclist has been hit by a dickwad in a car

give em some room, besides being courteous, its not that ******* hard
I said to myself that I wouldn't reply to this thread as I have received that phone call a few years ago and these threads just grind my gears. All I will say is that the stupidity on this forum at times is astounding.
5 users like this post:
Old 29-03-2014, 12:18 AM   #101
GTP-RPD
GTP-RPD

Where can I buy the air horns freight trains have?
Old 29-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #102
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Religion, Politics, Cyclists & Holdens ......

That usually does it so lets finish up before someone pops a blood vessel

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
7 users like this post:
Closed Thread