Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #1231
AGH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All,
Have looked round this site as much as I can albeit with limitations with not being a member. Fair enough glad to join. Own a BF Mk 2 Ghia. Why a Ghia you ask? Well same specs as an XR but much more creature comforts. plus this one came with a factory roof plus an i Pad phone kit on top on the standard bluetooth and the rear spoiler...BF's look cr** without one...just my opinion btw... Mods so far?? Cold air induction, slotted RDA rotors and pads...still running them in so lots of brake dust and just fitted HID lights to it. Don't use it for everyday driving just mainly highway use when I travel. Next project is to service the 6 speeder. Fraud says 'sealed for life' in the handbook!! Rite as if. Handbook also says btw if the car is used as a cop car or a cab or heavy towing service the box......u take it to Fraud and ask questions re the 6 speeder and they all duck under the counter like you have some contagious disease....ie it's just too hard...
AGH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #1232
Hot Rod Nisse
Starter Motor

Hello, my name is Stellan Clausen, I live in Sweden.. I intressaread of old Hot Rod, Kustom and Gasser from the 50's and 60's, like American cars and Australian cars.. including old Russian cars, GAZ and ZIL....

I do not own a Ford... owns a VW Passat HGW -96

excuse my bad English... Google Translation has helped me !!
Hot Rod Nisse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #1233
G-Eight

Hey everyone.
I've been on this site for a little while and like finding everything that people do to their fords. I'm Damian and I own a bf g8 fairlane. I'm a big fairlane fan my previouse car was an nl fairlane ghia.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #1234
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard guys

Nice to see we have a member join from Sweden.

Enjoy the site.

Cheers
Col
Old 18-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #1235
nickxw
Starter Motor

Default G'day Everyone.

Hi All, long time listener first time poster. My name is Nick and I live in Melbourne. I have a XW Fairmont GS. I have owned it for some time, it was a car that recieved some modifiction in the 80's and is no longer in possesion of all the desirable original bits. If I can manage it I will post a couple of pics. Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00036.jpg (70.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00034.jpg (71.1 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by nickxw; 18-02-2012 at 01:23 PM.
nickxw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #1236
SJFALK
Whoop!

Hi, I'm Sam from Country Victoria...I've been reading on here for quite some time, but never posted. It's a great forum with more information than you can poke a stick at!

I bought my 2008 FG XR8 ute about a year ago and I love it!

I bought it completely stock and now it has Pedders rear leafs, Herrod cat back exhaust and K & N panel filter.

IMG_3221amLL.jpg
IMG_3203SMALL.jpg
Old 19-02-2012, 01:09 AM   #1237
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Everyone,
Found this forum site last night and joined up and was accepted into it today. I am from Queensland. I am currently in the process of building a 1966 2 door xp falcon, which will run a 302 Windsor. So I will have a look around the forum and find somewhere to post some pics and ask a few questions. Where is the best spot to do this???
Cheers
662DXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 01:20 AM   #1238
Monti
Starter Motor

Hello everyone I am new to this looking forward to seen some great cars
Monti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #1239
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 662DXP
Hi Everyone,
Found this forum site last night and joined up and was accepted into it today. I am from Queensland. I am currently in the process of building a 1966 2 door xp falcon, which will run a 302 Windsor. So I will have a look around the forum and find somewhere to post some pics and ask a few questions. Where is the best spot to do this???
Cheers
Welcome aboard.

The Classic Section has a lot of information on XP's.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Cheers
Col
Old 19-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #1240
jim
Starter Motor

Hi, I have been watching this forum for quite a while and have been slack not introing myself. I currently own a Mondeo Ecoboost Zetec MC as my son has just removed my Euro 4 FG XR6 from my possession.

I have owned numerous fords in my lifetime although my first car was a Morris 1300: doh!! Fords since that first car/necessity cheapest car I could find include some favourites such as XE Falcon - great reliable car, XC GS ute, AU3 VCT XR6 (great car now owned by another son who removed it from my possession) and a LT Focus TDCI (wife's favourite to date although extremely happy with Mondeo). In all I have owned 1 cortina, 2 falcon utes, XA Falcon Sedan, XB Fairmont Sedan, XD Falcon Sedan, XE Falcon Sedan, EA Wagon (not Ford's best effort), EB Wagon, ED Classic Wagon, AU XR and FG XR (loved it unfortunately didn't have enough time with it but at least it is still in the family).

I look forward to interacting with this forum in the future.
jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1241
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Welcome aboard.

The Classic Section has a lot of information on XP's.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Cheers
Col

Thanks Col,
I will have a look through the link where the xp stuff is
Cheers
662DXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1242
lukaso
Interceptor

Default Gday!!!

Hi all, this is the best Ford Forum site ever, I have read with enthusiasm the transformations that take place, in particular Malazn Mafia's Interior --> BA project
I my self embark on the occasional project, the latest of which involved changing the headlights on my BA XR6, slapping some Turbo wheels on and even installing the FG G6ET Leather seats, just trying to work out the best way to get the driver seat electrics to work, for which your wiring schematics are very helpful.
I would of course appreciate any insights into soughting out the driver seat(8-way I think) electrics, I do have pretty good electrical skills but without diagrams it can be tedious
They are so much more comfortable than the previous seats!!
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XR6 Pic2.JPG (116.1 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by lukaso; 19-02-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a picture of my ride!
lukaso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #1243
Cruzycuzz

Hi guys
been a lurker for awhile so i decided to join up.
This place is a treasure trove of information..looking forward to sharing info and gaining some knowledge..or just hanging out at the pub

cheers
Cruzycuzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #1244
Jonno ba
TRADIE

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

What up Ford fans !
Sweet forum you got going on here, been checking it for a while now. I'm in Perth at moment but but will be headin back to Broome in week or two. Just bought a new work horse a BA 2006 XL ute dead stock, but owned a XR 6T 2004 ute bout two years ago now. Love the ford utes will never look at anything else. Keep up the good work I will get some pics and stuff up soon as poss. Bring on the info bout lowering the back leaf springs in these things cause I got a bout a 3 1/2 inch gap between my new 19"s and the guard. I been quoted $620 to lower to what ever height I want with resetting my leaf springs and new coils in the front. Speak soon. Jonno ba.
Jonno ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #1245
Madcow987
Starter Motor

Hi All, I'm a Newbee, first post, I've got an EL GLi, Tickford suspention package, pretty well stock apart from the 16" wheels and 2 1/2" exaust, and a Turbo Deisel Triton (96) I've put a top mount intercooler on that one so it will handle a warm day, well of to the Tech forum, Ive got a question that there is no answer for, but there should be a few oppinions!
Madcow987 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #1246
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaso
I would of course appreciate any insights into soughting out the driver seat(8-way I think) electrics, I do have pretty good electrical skills but without diagrams it can be tedious
They are so much more comfortable than the previous seats!!
Thanks!
Send me an email to admin@fordforums.com.au and I'll shoot you through a copy of the relevant diagram.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #1247
JKS4LT
Starter Motor

Hey Guys,
Names Jake, turned 18 november 2011.
Live in Geelong.
fords are all i trust and drive.
first car on L's were was a ef futura, i turbocharged it from help with mates and pulled 255.3rwkw at it's best, sold the car 3 months before gaining my P plates and now drive a 01 AU2 SR falcon.
this is my pride and joy, baught stock as a rock for 3 grand with low kms.
now i have added xr6 engine, reground cam to 977b, extractors, custom exhaust, custom air intake, had 20" decorsas now rolls on 17" tickfords, few other slight mods, good for 150rwkw, needs a new tune though!
i'm currently in the process of changing the whole interior. looking to buy and custom fit a ba xr dash, xr6 seats and interior or fairmont ghia leathers, change the carpet, and few other bits and pieces, also looking into turboing the current engine or dropping in a xr6t engine and trans.
anyways, i love cruising and meeting new people and always cruise so would be good to see and meet you guys one day.
cheers, Jake
JKS4LT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #1248
madmark
Starter Motor

hi all, mark here,
just joined & i have a 2002 ute, 5 spd...
have a good day.
madmark is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #1249
Helen
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day fellow ford lovers! My husband and I have always been ford lovers and it seems to be passing through to our boys & daughter who wont settle for any other car. We are avid XR6 lovers and currently own a BF Bionic blue XR6 and absolutely enjoy driving it around in good old Perth.

I stumbled across this site whilst googling a way to fix my key less remote and it seems like the place to perhaps get answers from other folks who may have had the similar /same problems with their Fords. I used to press the unlock button once and it would unlock only the drivers door and I would then press the unlock button again and it would then unlock all other doors. The new remote wont do this. Does anybody know how reprogramme the remote to this setting?

Last edited by Helen; 19-02-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #1250
Geez Louise
Awesome

Welcome Helen.

A friend had the same problem with his keys. He had to go to a Ford dealer and get it reprogrammed unfortunately.

Cheers
Col
Old 20-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #1251
marcosanga

Hello all

Ive been a member 4 a lil while now and have found some great info and ideas in my trauling around.
So thought id better say hello.
Im a mechanic by trade that has just recently started to get back into my cars after doin the usual mrs and house reno thing.
Ive owned a pretty hott XW silver fairmont back in the day, 351 C, stall, 3.5 9'', alloy drop tank , 12 slotters ect.
Just recently bought an immaculate 1 owner 2005 BA 2 XR8 260, metallic blue, 6 sp, premium sound/brakes, leather with 63k and 100% bog stock.
Well apart from the front koni platform adjustable struts and eibach multirate springs and rear konis n springs and whiteline adjustable swaybars F+R, he he.
About to pick it up from the shop where its had Pacemaker 4 into ones and a full twin stainless 2.5'' system fitted.
I reckon the bug will bite pretty hard again when i hear it...
Cheers guys
marcosanga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #1252
xwgtrules

Hi all.New to this & I am hoping to learn a fair bit.Especially about clevelands.As you can tell by my log in name I love xw's but anything with the blue oval has to be good right.Cheers.
Old 21-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #1253
Helen
Starter Motor

Thanks for your advice Col. I was really hoping to avoid going to the car dealership but it seems I have no choice. Thanks again
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #1254
jason1182

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi, how and where can i put a post about an xa i have for sale??
cheers.
Old 21-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #1255
woza01
Banned

Default Howdy !

Hey !

The name is Warren, from Mandurah WA. Ive been a member for some time, but have been inactive on the forums...

Today i wanted to post my Mk2 RS2000 2 dr in the Cars for sale, and my YB Cossie & T5 in the Parts for sale section, but wasnt allowed to, so Ill just introduce myself here and hopefully build up my count for whatever reason lol)

I currently have 4 cars, including the Esky, however it was the last one I got, therefore its the one I have 'bonded' with the least, and therefore has to make way for my dream car, which i s coming over from the USA...

As soon as I am able, I will post the ads in the for sale section...alternatively, you can find them on ebay !

Thanks Warren
woza01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #1256
sunnyjim
Starter Motor

How do I create a forum?
sunnyjim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #1257
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyjim
How do I create a forum?
You can't - the forums are fixed. There are tutorials on creating a thread within a forum and these are located in the site support area.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #1258
skidemon44
Starter Motor

G'day all, been lurking for some time and picking up tips about my 1974 XB ute, which is nearing roadworthy.

skidemon44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #1259
aussieS1000rr
RTV Bandit

Hello,
Cameron from North QLD. About to venture down the road of converting a BF RTV to an XR6T motor and thought I might need some expertise. See you on the forums.
aussieS1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #1260
sunnyjim
Starter Motor

Exclamation Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hey guys, Ill was just wondering I bought a new AUII grille for my Ford AUII Falcon, its unpainted, I'm just wondering about how I should go about painting the grille, I'm unsure weather to use touch up paint or are other options available, because im unsure weather touch up paint will be suitable for a grille as it gets hot. Any ideas?
sunnyjim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post